Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How do you deal with online-only trophies?

This is a discussion on How do you deal with online-only trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by riskyfrisky It's harder for those (like me) who suck at MP. I am terrible at it and ...

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by riskyfrisky View Post
    It's harder for those (like me) who suck at MP. I am terrible at it and always have been. For that reason I try to stay away from games with MP but, at the same time, i do enjoy a brief spell of MP. I think that's part of the problem though - you need to dedicate yourself to the MP more than you would with SP because there are others playing who will hand me my arse.

Case in point is MOH:WF, the SP isn't very good at all, really disappointed with it to be honest, but i'd like to get more value for money from the game that what i've had so far. So i started the MP. But there are guys on there who decimate all with stats like 30 kills and 3 deaths. And there's me with my 8 kills and 9 deaths!

It's just a case of do what you want without it becoming a chore. If I don't get all the online trophies then i'm fine with that.
    +rep to you bud. finally somebody admitting the real reason why people hate MP trophies.

how do i deal with MP trophies? lmao what a funny question, i just go in immidiatly to MP, beast my way through the trophies and move along to the SP. nothing major. still angry about the little bitches complaing about MP trophies in GOWA. so they put one lame tutorial trophy. thanks guys.

Dominate!

All out of bubblegum.....

I avoid them like the plague. Nuff said.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 6 - Silver

i get all the offline trophies done first then if i can be bothered to get the online trophies i'll get one of my mates with the same game and just boost the crap out of them, since online trophies are the most unfair invention in gaming history, cos you are now against the entire world and no matter how good you are at a game there will always be someone better than you.

online trophies are absolute bollocks, and ones that require loads of people or don't let you set up private games are the biggest load of f*cking shit going, and i don't waste my time with them.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hate them lol I go though the main story first and try to get EVERYTHING and if I enjoy the game I'll go for multiplayer. I'm a fan of online gaming but MOST online trophies are wayyyy over the top and just ridiculous... Battlefield Bad Company 2 Demolition Man anybody?

arrghhargahragharahg

Quote Originally Posted by Fil2316 View Post
    I hate them lol I go though the main story first and try to get EVERYTHING and if I enjoy the game I'll go for multiplayer. I'm a fan of online gaming but MOST online trophies are wayyyy over the top and just ridiculous... Battlefield Bad Company 2 Demolition Man anybody?
    They can be annoying!! Especially with players like me!!! it can be hard to get trophies such as demolition man. Fil2316, I just platted BC2, but I'm willing to help. Add me on the psn, and when you see me online, give me a shout! I am working alot so I don;t go on for too long.
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Mini Ninja

My approach to MP trophies depends on the type of game I'm playing. If the game is obviously focused on SP with MP tagged on as an afterthought (i.e. Assassin's Creed, Uncharted) then I'll usually play the SP mode first before diving into the MP for the remaining trophies. For games that lean towards MP (i.e. LBP, Borderlands) I'll bounce around between SP and MP without much of a preference. However, if the game is old and there's a chance that the MP servers might get switched off soon, then I'll try and get the MP trophies done ASAP.

I don't mind games that are heavy on MP trophies as long as the game is fun. Even if I know that I probably won't get the plat because the MP trophies are just too hard for me (i.e. MvC 3... I suck at fighting games), I'll still buy and play the game as long as it's entertaining.

I agree with several of the previous posts about some MP trophies being a major pain (AC: Brotherhood and RDR come to mind). Usually, I try to accomplish all MP trophies on my own first before I turn to boosting or looking for a gaming partner. I got many of my LBP trophies just from playing with random people online, but I definitely had to boost a few of them because they were so difficult to get without having an organized team.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

i deal with online trophies like a sore loser....fucking hate them...and with wish who ever decided to put them in, would get hit by a bus...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel_Bear View Post
    I'm sure a number of you each have many games that require playing online to get their trophies. How do you go about obtaining them? Do you focus on getting all online content out of the way in the beginning? Do you wait until you complete the offline content (Whatever it may be)? How do you feel about games heavy in online trophies? Games whose servers go down and make trophies unattainable?

I have 10 or so games that will require online grinding and extended playtime. Even games that require another player playing with me (NFL Blitz from PS+). I even have a game that I haven't even played yet in fear of its trophies and the time it will take to earn them(Time Crisis: Razing Storm).
    It depends. I try to play the game offline inorder to get practice, and sometimes thats what makes the game fun. When i have to go for online trophies, i either boost it, or play it legit. The thing is boosting takes someone you can trust, and legit is annoying when you cannot find others to play with or the others your playing with are cheating (or very good)

Online trophies sound great, but when you have to rely on others to get a trophy, its a hit or miss. What i mean is, if i boosted with you guys from this site, i trust you. If i have to tough it out with the randoms of the world, its less fun

Rangers F.C

Normally I would avoid going for a plat if a game had online trophies, unless I really enjoyed it . If I were going for the platinum it would always be the last thing on my list, I enjoy stories in games and the single player campaign . I do enjoy co-op on some games like Dead Island but pretty much hate online and what its done to gaming .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

If I don't like the game I won't got for them. It's as simple as that. I'd rather play awesome online game like Halo than Bioshock 2's online just for the trophies. *shudder*

Notorious K.I.D.

I ignore them and move on. I don't play online but that's not gonna stop me from trying out a game I might be interested in.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I enjoy MP a lot, and if its combined with getting trophies at the same time? That's a win for me

Lvl 4 - Silver

I always complete the online trophies first. You can always go back and get the offline ones later, but for something unpopular/glitched/or seasonal online like sports games nothing pisses me off more than a shut down server that makes a plat impossible.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

PRO Member

Online trophies are tough, but not everything can (or should) be as easy as Trine 2. That said, it can be tough going in to the online experts' "house" and be hated simply because you're a trophy hunter.
    I always try to earn them legitimately unless it's absolutely necessary to boost (due to high "ragequitting" for the most part). I'm a guy who likes to push myself and test my skills, win or lose, which is why online trophies (or other "pet peeves" like grinding or collectibles) don't bother me.
    Of course, there are "saints and sinners" in this category, like any other (although many only see sinners here). One that pushes my skills is a good online trophy, while one with no one showing up to do battle (such as most PSN games with online trophies) is definitely a sinner.
    So to answer the question, I always try, because it's better to try than not to.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123