Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you deal with online-only trophies?

This is a discussion on How do you deal with online-only trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm sure a number of you each have many games that require playing online to get their trophies. How do ...

100% Grizzly

How do you deal with online-only trophies?

I'm sure a number of you each have many games that require playing online to get their trophies. How do you go about obtaining them? Do you focus on getting all online content out of the way in the beginning? Do you wait until you complete the offline content (Whatever it may be)? How do you feel about games heavy in online trophies? Games whose servers go down and make trophies unattainable?

I have 10 or so games that will require online grinding and extended playtime. Even games that require another player playing with me (NFL Blitz from PS+). I even have a game that I haven't even played yet in fear of its trophies and the time it will take to earn them(Time Crisis: Razing Storm).

Forget I Was Ever Here

I personally don't mind games with online trophies or games with online only trophies… If I purchase an old game I know to hit up the multiplayer trophies first mainly because nobody will be playing and ya never know how long the server will be available but when I purchase a new game I tend to switch back and fourth between online and single player. If i am really into the story/campaign I will stick onto that until complete it but that doesn't mean until i get all single player trophy.

I have several games with only trophies I may never get such as Heavy Weapon, Jimmie Johnson Anything With An Engine doesn't bother me much even though I want those 100%

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

It depends on the game for me. If I know that it is a game that is going to have a strong online community, I bounce around between offline and online trophies. If the online trophy is something grindy, I t d to leave it alone for a bit. If the online is pretty dead, I try to get it done quickly so I don't have to worry. I also have 1 game I haven't started due to a dead online (Quantum Theory). For me, the game dictates how I play the online trophies.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Im not a fan of games with online trophies usually they are the hardest trophies to get because not only do you have to be good at the game you have to be really really good at the game or you have to put many hours into the game. I prefer offline only trophies but some games that have somewhat easy online trophies I dont mind like try every game mode or win 1 of every game mode or play every map/level but trophies that require grinding like reach max level online or play 100 plus matches online I just plain hate and usually I wait until I have finished offline trophies before going for the online ones

Retired

Like everything, therapy.

> Restart Button <

I actually enjoy MP elements that games come with. The trophies are somewhat difficult but that's okay. I usually play the game neturally, playing SP and getting the game down. I'll move onto the MP afterwards and adjust to that. I have some MP trophies that SEEM impossible from just looking for them but actually going for them might be another story. Plus if it's a really difficult or long way to the trophy, I'll be extra proud when I get it.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I enjoy em and tried to get em if it isnt fun then im done with it

-i- love myself.

I don't mind them as long as there not over the top difficult like get 20,000 Kills online and if the game I'm playing is fun, multiplayer wise.

arrghhargahragharahg

I usually play the story first, then hit the MP. As for the trophies, my first playthrough will be for the story, afterwards I'll jump back and forth between Mp, and story to get trophies..... Still got a lot to catch up on.....
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Deathless Destroyer

As long as the trophies aren't something ridiculous like 10,000 kills (Resistance 2) as Qurb said, I'll go for them if the servers are up. I normally play the single player of the game and do MP later, though I did do one of the coop trophies for Resistance 2 so that I wouldn't miss out on it when the servers go down. The other coop trophies are achievable offline (though you need to grind a lot) and the 10k competitive kills trophy can go fuck itself, so to speak.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 7 - Gold

If it's a game with a single player campaign, I'll do that first. If it's something like a sports game, I'll try to get the online trophies asap (especially if it's with servers run by those dickheads at EA Games/Sports).

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLYON_-_ View Post
    I usually play the story first, then hit the MP. As for the trophies, my first playthrough will be for the story, afterwards I'll jump back and forth between Mp, and story to get trophies..... Still got a lot to catch up on.....
    Pretty much this

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

I do the SP first and enjoy the story then clean up. Hop online see what its all about get used too maps game modes ect. Usually it doesnt take long to adjust to the MP and start kicking some ass. I usually enjoy MP trophies depending on the game. max level trophies suck if its a major grind but like others have stated as long as its not some 10-20,00 kill crap im cool

PRO Member

I'm heavily a single player focused person, yet in someways, it's advantageous to tackle the MP right out of the gate if you purchase on release day. Less over-powered people from upgrades, or knowing the cheap and easy ways of screwing you over. But then...you have to ruin your new game by tackling the multiplayer first.

I did that for Assassin's Creed III, simply because I just finished knocking out AC:Revelations multiplayer before ACIII dropped, and figured I'd get it done and over with while I was still in the groove of annoying myself. Actually finished the MP trophies, played 8 hours of the singleplayer back in November, and haven't touched it since. I know the beginning is the worst part of the single player playthough, yet I don't have a lot of motivation for the atmosphere of the game (a lot of the appeal was the Europe setting in past games). I'll eventually get back to it, yet simply more attention-worthy titles out there at the moment.

Yet for the most part though, I tackle mp trophies last. I tend to avoid games that revolve around online play, and grow ever-so-tired of the tacked on online modes of this generation. I'll put up with it if it's relatively similar to the single player experience, yet I just don't get off on competitive play, which most online focuses on.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    the 10k competitive kills trophy can go fuck itself, so to speak.
    Me and my Resistance 2 would like to have a word with you

On topic: if a game has MP trophies, then I would get those out of the way 1st!!! That way, I can fully enjoy the SP of that game without worrying about the tenacious MP grind after the fact. Case and point: Crysis 2's SP I'm fully enjoying now that I have the MP out of the way. Transformers Fall of Cybertron's another on as well as many others that I haven't even started yet.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I get the online trophies out of the way first because I don't want to dealing with them later on. This way I can enjoy the rest of the game offline. I also deal with online trophies first whenever a new fighting game comes out.

Up the Irons!

I like attempting the online trophies first. I don't want the servers going down or the online being dead by the time I get to playing online. Now, if the online trophy is ridiculous (luck, time-consuming, et cetera), chances are I'll move on unless I really like the gaming and I'm willing to put in the time because I really want the platinum.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't think I've yet played a game that requires any.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I, normally, don't bother with them, tryed some but than gave up. I'm a single player guy!

The One and Only

Depends on the games and the trophies. I usually beat the game before getting to online unless friends play with me before that, and I would normally get to the online trophies last or in the middle of finishing off single player trophies. If it's an EA game, online trophies would be the first thing I would want to do (except NFS). In general, I prefer single player trophies, where I don't need to be on PSN to get them.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast