Next-Gen: Every PS4 Rumour So Far - NowGamer
Next-Gen: PS4 Is Constantly Recording Video For Sharing - NowGamer
Remember when I first pointed out the PlayStation 4 specs which turned out to be the developer kit? Well, now I'm back with more solid information about the PlayStation 4 including hardware specs, a few details about the controller, in-game recording and a little more!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I RECOMMEND A TABLESPOON OF SEA-SALT TO GO WITH THESE GATHERED INFORMATION, AT LEAST UNTIL THE SONY MEETING ON FEBRUARY 20. PLEASE REFER YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR AND PSYCHIATRIST BEFORE CONSUMPTION OF ABOVE SEA-SALT!
PlayStation 4 Hardware Specifications
- 4GB/8GB GDDR5 RAM (Random Access Memory) - Capable of moving approx. 175/350GB of data p/s
- 8-core AMD CPU clocked at 1.6 Ghz (Gigahertz)
- AMD R10XX GPU alongside "Liverpool" System-Chip
- Updated Blu-Ray Drive (BRD)
- 120 to 160GB basic HDD space
- 2/4x USB 3.0 Ports
- Speakers, 5.1 + 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound Functionality
- Full 1080p60 (60 is FPS - frames per sec)
- (unknown) 2000/4000p upscaling/full-support for videos (and possibly games)
These are the likely specs, as the previous specs were the dev-kits
Controller and In-Game Recording Info
The DualShock 4.0 (let's just call it that!) will be very similar to the previous models, though there will be a touch-screen display between the left/right analog sticks. This will be a "modernized" version of the Start/Select/PS buttons, requiring no pushing down, only tapping! (well, you can push if you want..)
Additionally, the controllers may/may not (i.e. It may be built into the PS4) have a button to enable/disable in-app/game recording! The recording will apparently continually record and save video at 15 min intervals with very, very minimal OS slowdown. This will allow everyone to upload their videos to social networking sites and YouTube with ease (I presume)!
Not much information is present yet, so until the February 20th Sony meeting we should all take this with a fine tablespoon of sea-salt.