PlayStation 4 Hardware Specifications, Some Controller Details, In-Game Recording - Revealed

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Hardware Specifications, Some Controller Details, In-Game Recording - Revealed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Next-Gen: Every PS4 Rumour So Far - NowGamer Next-Gen: PS4 Is Constantly Recording Video For Sharing - NowGamer Remember when ...

Deathless Destroyer

PlayStation 4 Hardware Specifications, Some Controller Details, In-Game Recording - Revealed

Next-Gen: Every PS4 Rumour So Far - NowGamer

Next-Gen: PS4 Is Constantly Recording Video For Sharing - NowGamer

Remember when I first pointed out the PlayStation 4 specs which turned out to be the developer kit? Well, now I'm back with more solid information about the PlayStation 4 including hardware specs, a few details about the controller, in-game recording and a little more!

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I RECOMMEND A TABLESPOON OF SEA-SALT TO GO WITH THESE GATHERED INFORMATION, AT LEAST UNTIL THE SONY MEETING ON FEBRUARY 20. PLEASE REFER YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR AND PSYCHIATRIST BEFORE CONSUMPTION OF ABOVE SEA-SALT!

PlayStation 4 Hardware Specifications

- 4GB/8GB GDDR5 RAM (Random Access Memory) - Capable of moving approx. 175/350GB of data p/s
    - 8-core AMD CPU clocked at 1.6 Ghz (Gigahertz)
    - AMD R10XX GPU alongside "Liverpool" System-Chip
    - Updated Blu-Ray Drive (BRD)
    - 120 to 160GB basic HDD space
    - 2/4x USB 3.0 Ports
    - Speakers, 5.1 + 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound Functionality
    - Full 1080p60 (60 is FPS - frames per sec)
    - (unknown) 2000/4000p upscaling/full-support for videos (and possibly games)

These are the likely specs, as the previous specs were the dev-kits

Controller and In-Game Recording Info

The DualShock 4.0 (let's just call it that!) will be very similar to the previous models, though there will be a touch-screen display between the left/right analog sticks. This will be a "modernized" version of the Start/Select/PS buttons, requiring no pushing down, only tapping! (well, you can push if you want..)

Additionally, the controllers may/may not (i.e. It may be built into the PS4) have a button to enable/disable in-app/game recording! The recording will apparently continually record and save video at 15 min intervals with very, very minimal OS slowdown. This will allow everyone to upload their videos to social networking sites and YouTube with ease (I presume)!

Not much information is present yet, so until the February 20th Sony meeting we should all take this with a fine tablespoon of sea-salt.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

INTJ

The recording will apparently continually record and save video at 15 min intervals with very, very minimal OS slowdown.
    thank fuck

the ps3 is being a piece of shit with my capture card because of HDCP protection and im not buying a HDCP stripper just to record some stupid shit

The wii u doesn't even have HDCP either. what gives

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i would prefer 2 models when it releases, one model with all the bells and whistles and a stripped down version that is just the basics, i dont need to record my gameplay or any of the optional stuff, all i use my ps3 for is to play games and thats all i want from the ps4 when i get it eventually

Lvl 9 - Gold

Again, adding gimmick features to make it more expensive and error-prone.
    I don't really care about the in-game recording, and while I know some people would really like this, I don't want it forced on me.
    Let alone the fact that if there are only 160Gb or 500Gb models, now that some games can take up to 30Gb to install, going digital AND the recordings will make this even worse.
    Not really excited about next gen, not at all.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    - 4GB/8GB GDDR5 RAM (Random Access Memory) - Capable of moving approx. 175/350GB of data p/s
    This is going to be a very good thing. I have issues opening my XMB while playing an online game. This is because the PS3 only has 512 MB of RAM. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    The DualShock 4.0 (let's just call it that!) will be very similar to the previous models, though there will be a touch-screen display between the left/right analog sticks. This will be a "modernized" version of the Start/Select/PS buttons, requiring no pushing down, only tapping!
    Touch screen this, touch screen that. I hate touch screen personally. I really hope this isn't true. It is just one more unnecessary thing that can tear up or crack.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Deathless Destroyer

Well I'd expect with all the "next-gen" is that if [Sony] do follow through with an emphasis on digitalized downloads and recording (which I don't really care about apart from watching my own gameplay) they'd need to either make a model which has 2+TB of space (with no restrictions) and/or full support for external HDD/SDD drives.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i would prefer 2 models when it releases, one model with all the bells and whistles and a stripped down version that is just the basics, i dont need to record my gameplay or any of the optional stuff, all i use my ps3 for is to play games and thats all i want from the ps4 when i get it eventually

This ^ word for word home slice.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Let alone the fact that if there are only 160Gb or 500Gb models, now that some games can take up to 30Gb to install, going digital AND the recordings will make this even worse.
    Not really excited about next gen, not at all.
    maybe sony isn't being a gigantic bitch with slow blu-ray drives and actually built a decent disc drive this time

it would eliminate installs entirely.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hopefully this has true multitasking capability? Right now, most of the time, you really can't multitask anything. If you say, open Amazon Instant Video, then that's it. You can't switch over to the web, or a game, you're in that until you quit it.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Hopefully this has true multitasking capability? Right now, most of the time, you really can't multitask anything. If you say, open Amazon Instant Video, then that's it. You can't switch over to the web, or a game, you're in that until you quit it.
    The PS3 has 256MB of RAM for the stuff other than games.

The PS4 will have 4GB/8GB DDR5, which is almost twice as fast as normal RAM.

So it will technically have either 7GB RAM or 14GB RAM, which is very impressive for the latter.

Venire, Videre, Vince

We have so many freelance journalist posting good info! Keep up the good work!

A good read I may say!

Just like with the new iPhone, somebody down the road is going to leave a prototype PS4 (Orbis) at some restaurant, and somebody will provide videos and an article of its internal bells + whistles!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol