Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st Games in a Series

This is a discussion on 1st Games in a Series within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; 1st of all.. what are they called? It's driving me nuts. Then what are your favorites? What do you still ...

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

1st Games in a Series

1st of all.. what are they called? It's driving me nuts.
    Then what are your favorites? What do you still consider a great game now that the next game(s) in the series are out? Are there any you like better than the sequels? Try to filter through the nostalgia effects if they are series's you grew up on.

For me, Kingdom Hearts is what I'm talking about. Fantastic. The ONLY issue for me in the entire game is the camera control lol. Great original storyline. Fun gameplay. (Minus camera control that requires serious getting used to) Lots of replay value. Etc.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Uncharted is a great game still its better than the 3rd uncharted game by far imo

PRO Member

Suikoden...amazing game, classic rpg, awesome story..best cast of characters...(then suikoden II came out)
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You can come close but you can't beat the originals. brave fencer musashi, legend of legia, and a recent one, prototype, were all much better then the sequels released.

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseclown View Post
    Uncharted is a great game still its better than the 3rd uncharted game by far imo
    This. ^

Lvl 6 - Silver

Fatal Frame and SIlent Hill

Lvl 7 - Gold

Dragon Age Origins remains one of my favorite first installment games. DA2 was still very enjoyable, but nowhere near as good as the first.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lord of all Goat-Men

The first Uncharted will always hold a special place in my heart (I've platinum'd it 3 times).

For me, Assassin's Creed is an exception to this. It was so goddamned boring. Assassin's Creed 2 was much better.

INTJ

anything is better than the third uncharted

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    anything is better than the third uncharted
    Now I don't feel so alone.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Uncharted 2 is better than 1 & 2 so I don't think I can go with Uncharted like some here.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

The very first games from Resident Evil franchise were the best while it's follow-ups sucked ass (I still can't forgive Capcom for RE6)
    Honestly I have prefered this series as a survival horror adventure than a action-packed garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    For me, Assassin's Creed is an exception to this. It was so goddamned boring. Assassin's Creed 2 was much better.
    This.

> Restart Button <

Assassin's Creed
    I know most think of it as boring and repetive but everytime I play it, I enjoy it again. Compared to the following titles, there's not much to do but the power of the game itself is so fun. It was the first time I had really become obssessed with a video game in a long time. It's the simplicity of the series to me. It was fun enough to haul ass and fight on rooftops. Just feel so badass in the OG assassin cloak too.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Bioshock 1 is better than 2 in terms of campaign ,2 has a better game-play and more variety but 1 holds a very special place in my heart also concerning the Uncharted series i've just finished 3 and got a platinum the game is great the Online seems promising haven't played much yet but i felt that the story was incomplete or rushed to ending there were so many things that remain unclear for me the game is great, the story is good but the ending did not live up to that level of awesomeness

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have to agree with @Organization XIII, it's Kingdom Hearts for me. I love the entire series, but the first one has a special place as my first PS2 game. I've been a fan since that day.

Live Life!

PRO Member

I agree with kingdom hearts. the sequels have been ok but the 1st game has still rocked the best i think.
    as for Silent Hill, i like Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 more then the first one. they also have alot more replay value.

Castlevania is probably my top one.
    Zone of the Enders also, i enjoyed much more then 2nd runner.

PRO Member

Surprised no one mentioned it...Metal Gear Solid (I've been waiting for you Solid Snake)

And of course Onimusha
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned it...Metal Gear Solid (I've been waiting for you Solid Snake)
    that isn't the first game in a series.

Where The Wind Blows

In both of the Naughty Dog series I've played (Jak and Uncharted), I think they messed up bad after the first. Especially in Jak. My problems with Uncharted are more trophy related (MP trophies like theirs have placed the UC series on my blacklist) and I can admit they're still good games, but Jak...

I just don't get it. You take a colorful, perfectly designed PS1-style platformer with some of the best level (and BOSS - the lava monster, anyone?) designs I've ever seen, and then just... toss that out for a generic, angry, and needlessly difficult game that tries to have shooting without strafing. Why? And why do people still say it's good?

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    that isn't the first game in a series.
    Correct. Metal Gear was indeed the first game in the series, followed by Snake's Revenge Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. THEN 8 years later we come up to Metal Gear Solid

Mine would have to be the SSX series. Blur and On Tour were atrocious though. Tricky was phenomenal, 3 was great, the most recent addition is so-so (need to spend more time with it) but overall, the original on the PS2 will always be my fondest memory of the snowboarding series

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast