Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

EA almost unbearable

This is a discussion on EA almost unbearable within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Trogdorbear c) ITS OPTIONAL <----------------------------- none is forced to buy, none is pointing you a gun, you ...

  1. #21
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    johnny_leyenda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,111
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorbear View Post

    c) ITS OPTIONAL <----------------------------- none is forced to buy, none is pointing you a gun, you can enjoy games without any DLC

    i'm not fan of EA but i can't denied they make some of the best franchises (mass effect,dead space.....) but i don't buy their DLC's....... just because i'm not forced to !!
    There's a difference. When story DLC is announced at launch day (Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 have it) you KNOW it's content that was cut from the game, so basically you're paying $60 for an incomplete game, and that's what is unfair. Nobody forces you to buy DLC; that's all fine and dandy, but giving the customer an uncomplete game for full price is not.
    Look at Asura's Wrath, to get the true ending you had to fucking pay. How is that fair?
    I am NOT against DLC like weapons packs or skins, or "expansion packs," but I AM against content that is made into DLC to get more money and screwing people over, making them pay more if they want the full experience.

    That's what I wait till the game is cheap so I can buy it with all the DLC and not spend over $60. Only if it's worth it, though.

    NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

  2. #22
    A plat a month!
    wandarer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,184
    Reputation
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    EA puts out amazing games…..NOBODY says you have to buy DLC thats you the individuals fault for being suckered into it…Why blame the studio for making more money off of people that would purchase it? Gets a little old always hearing people complain about EA
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorbear View Post
    to make few points:

    a) games is a bussiness, costing millions and ain't easy to get them back since every game is a gamble, since they're dependents on the consumers. like any bussiness you need profit and more you get more you can re-invest on more and better games. as consumers yes we like things for free and cheapest as possible but consumer ONLY way of thinking won't make any publisher or studio alive... they would go bankrupt in a blink if they ignored the money side of this......

    b) yes theres is DLC and the only two situations by wich would be seen as bad is Indisk content, deliberate locked content. now many people think games are being worked until release day, by wich THEY AREN'T. its getting common games going gold as far as month before release, sent for for manufacturing etc etc, so sure wouldnt be smart having studio with hundreds just with crossed arms and staring at each others just making expense.... so many day 1 dlcs are made during this period and some were started on a late period of the game and no way they could be done by the time the game went gold, note that even started by that timeframe this DLC's were extras and not part of the original concept.

    c) ITS OPTIONAL <----------------------------- none is forced to buy, none is pointing you a gun, you can enjoy games without any DLC

    i'm not fan of EA but i can't denied they make some of the best franchises (mass effect,dead space.....) but i don't buy their DLC's....... just because i'm not forced to !!
    Exactly all of this.

    What does coming here and whining that you don't like EA going to accomplish? Nothing. Simply don't buy the games, DLC, etc.

    I listening to the most recently Giant Bombcast and they talked about how 1. game have decreased in price over the years. Old NES games about 20 years ago, SNES, and older generations use to be $50 per title. Nowadays, the price for new titles is $60, so figuring inflation, costs are down. $50 20 years ago would buy anyone a lot more than $60 today.

    Development costs have gone through the roof. Just imaging, programming an old 8-bit or 16-bit game with 480i resolution, to now where we have games in 720p or 1080p, voice actors needing to be hired, movie scale development going on.

    Combine those to facts, and you have a thinner profit margin on titles being developed.

    Is it any wonder why big companies like EA try to squeeze any and all profits to be had from titles they produce?


    No one forces you to be a part of this system. If you don't agree with the business models EA or any other company for that matter, don't be a part of the "problem" and contribute. All you have to do, instead of whining, is not buy into the operation buy purchasing games or product from the company.



  3. #23
    PRO Member
    Tmac718's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, U.S.
    Posts
    704
    Reputation
    27

    Just dont buy it. I havent bought an EA game since ME2 for like 15 bucks before that it was the first madden that came out for PS3(before trophies). I dont like what they do so I do not purchase theyre products simple as that.

    I stopped liking EA even as a kid. I felt like I was being dicked over with the yearly edition games. Now with internet and roster updates theyre should be no excuse as to why they cant make the sports games every other year you know so they can accually be good games not copy paste add a feature take one away. Why would they though? To many mouth breathers buying them things up on release every single year lol.

  4. #24
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    CapnKoala's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Place with Things
    Posts
    163
    Reputation
    12

    Jim Sterling hit on these issues perfectly last week:

    The Escapist : Video Galleries : Jimquisition : Breaking the Bones of Business

    It's worth complaining about because it keeps happening. And it's getting worse. These slimy business practices need to be made known to as many consumers as possible. Sitting on your hands and just "not buying" isn't good enough... because other people still buy it anyway.

    You cannot defend this kind of DLC. Yeah it's optional, but if it isn't content that was cut from the full product, then it's content that puts the player at a disadvantage by not buying it.

    Sure, the budget required for developing games has skyrocketed over the years, but that hasn't stopped corporations like EA from raking in profits and there are more people buying and playing games than ever before. See, EA doesn't do this kind of crap because they need to, they do it because they CAN. Why aren't the smaller publishers stuffing each and every one of their games with microtransactions if they really need it? Why didn't THQ do this? No, it's EA: Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, frigging TETRIS, etc.

    Yes, EA is a business and they exist to make money. But I think it's okay that as their customers we're allowed to at least ask them to please not screw us over anymore. Geez, how can people defend corporations like this?

    Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

  5. #25
    A plat a month!
    wandarer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,184
    Reputation
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKoala View Post
    Jim Sterling hit on these issues perfectly last week:

    The Escapist : Video Galleries : Jimquisition : Breaking the Bones of Business

    It's worth complaining about because it keeps happening. And it's getting worse. These slimy business practices need to be made known to as many consumers as possible. Sitting on your hands and just "not buying" isn't good enough... because other people still buy it anyway.

    You cannot defend this kind of DLC. Yeah it's optional, but if it isn't content that was cut from the full product, then it's content that puts the player at a disadvantage by not buying it.

    Sure, the budget required for developing games has skyrocketed over the years, but that hasn't stopped corporations like EA from raking in profits and there are more people buying and playing games than ever before. See, EA doesn't do this kind of crap because they need to, they do it because they CAN. Why aren't the smaller publishers stuffing each and every one of their games with microtransactions if they really need it? Why didn't THQ do this? No, it's EA: Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, frigging TETRIS, etc.

    Yes, EA is a business and they exist to make money. But I think it's okay that as their customers we're allowed to at least ask them to please not screw us over anymore. Geez, how can people defend corporations like this?
    But how is EA making money a bad thing? They maintain a business with employees, which is never a bad thing. Many people are able to feed their families, enjoy a good quality of life.

    OK, I realize this doesn't benefit the gamer, directly.

    You cite THQ vs EA, and their business models. A potential fair argument, but I think you are failing to realize one major fact that has happened in the last 2 weeks. THQ has gone bankrupt, and has had to auction off their assets.

    EA on the other hand, although not 100% fiscally sound (reference PS360's EA suicide watch thread), is in a much better position. I don't buy the "EA doens't need to do this", after all, no one has to do anything. If Wal Mart wants to open up a grocery section, then can if they want to, and if it benefits the community by opening up jobs, great. In the same way, if EA wants to make DLC available day 1, they can if they want to. The consumer base will tell EA if thats appropriate or not by buying into that said DLC.

    You also argue that DLC such the way it has been done with Mass Effect 3, BF3, etc to screw the client base. Yes, you are allowed to ask EA to stop "screwing us over". How are we screwed over? Do you NEED to play games in order to live, or is it a luxury? If I sold you a sealed container of water, and you couldn't open it without a tool I sold, that is one thing. But this is a GAME we are talking about. The game is complete as is. If you want an ADDITIONAL piece of content which is meant to enhance the original game, then by all means, purchase the DLC. It is in no way screwing you over. If you don't have the additional money, no biggie, don't by the DLC.



  6. #26
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    16
    Reputation
    1

    Its amazing to me how many people don't mind this.

    Im just saying that in the end... I think this kind of marketing is going to hurt them more than help increase revenue. I guess I'm wrong. People are going to just keep paying for content that should have been in the game in the first place.
    Is it that you're all 12 years old and your parents are paying? Maybe you just don't have to work for your money as hard as I do.... Maybe EA games makes people defend them in forums to save face? I don't know. I don't get it.

  7. #27
    Lvl 7 - Gold


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    690
    Reputation
    10

    I am gonna wait on Dead space 3 not because i hate Ea its because i hear dead space 3 has a weak story and it has turned into more of tps so gonna wait a price drop before getting it. Like others have said its no point complaining. EA is not gonna stop with this bullshit and i rarely buy dlc unless its super worth it like RDR's undead nightmare. Loved dead space 2 but didnt pick up the dlc not gonna be buying the ds3's dlc as well

  8. #28
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    EA have got it in the neck for years, used to be for putting out half finished shoddy licensed games but they turned a corner getting Burnout on board, making good FIFA games, a decent Bond game ( just one though ), SSX etc.
    Clearly used as a scapegoat because like Activision, they have a title or two that vomits forth huge wads of cash, the difference being, EA have more hits in their locker ( NFS, FIFA, Madden, Dead Space, Mass Effect and Battlefield VS .....Call Of Duty? ) and do change the formula, for better or worse.
    Sure it sucks that DLC is announced before the game even ships now but they aren't the only ones to do it, if you don't want it, don't want to stand for it, then miss out, not pirating it, that contradicts the reason for taking a stand, just skip the games and/or companies you seethe at and just play something else, there is plenty out there.

  9. #29
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Armadillo, U.S.A.
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    39

    Haha I just don't understand, why would someone complain about early DLC? If you won't buy it nothing will change, or is it that you need 100% on every game you have, and that's just sad.

    People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

  10. #30
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Armadillo, U.S.A.
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    39

    I don't understand how people get screwed by EA? Did you buy a game and the disc wasn't in the box? I mean if you are buying EA game you know what you are buying, right? You are buying a fucking game, which wouldn't change if anyone else released it.

    People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

  11. #31
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    I don't understand how people get screwed by EA? Did you buy a game and the disc wasn't in the box? I mean if you are buying EA game you know what you are buying, right? You are buying a fucking game, which wouldn't change if anyone else released it.
    Well, when i played my fully priced EA game Tomorrow Never Dies on the PS One, i wished the disc had been missing, that was a long time ago, yet the horrors of a wonky Pierce Brosnan live on in my memory

    But yeah, i agree with your point!

  12. #32
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    juliuspleezer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Terminus.
    Posts
    687
    Reputation
    82

    I don't mind EA because we all know the deal with their business tactics and greedy heartlessness but a lot of us buy their games anyway. You can't really fault a company for using a strategy that works. They are banking on people lining up to give them money and, inevitably, people do. Best thing to do imo is just wait for price drops so if EA burns you, it will only be a first degree burn

  13. #33
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    I don't mind EA. Mind you, I don't buy/play used/rented games, so their online pass thingy doesn't really affect me. I also don't play sports titles, so them constantly shutting down servers doesn't really bother me. I imagine the leagues for the games they represent are just as much behind that as EA is.

    The only boycott I have is towards Activision/Blizzard. I'd sooner steal their games then give Kotick a penny.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  14. #34
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    seanquan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Reputation
    2

    Eh, what else can you do? It's either play now and spend a lot, or wait a year and spend less. It sucks but gamers speak with their wallets.

  15. #35
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    No one is forcing you to buy this DLC. It's purely optional stuff - weapons, suits, and components. It doesn't contain missing levels, and it doesn't have trophies, so stop bitching.

    If any of you whingers took any time to investigate WHY they are doing this, you would know that EA included this DLC to appeal to the casual market. It's an attempt to attract the same people who buy map packs for Angry Birds and animals on Farmville (or whatever the fuck it is you buy in that piece of crap), and those who don't like waiting to unlock stuff (similar to Battlefield Short-cut kits).

    Visceral's John Calhoun:
    “There’s a lot of players out there, especially players coming from mobile games, who are accustomed to micro-transactions. They’re like “I need this now, I want this now”. They need instant gratification. So we included that option in order to attract those players, so that if they’re 5000 Tungsten short of this upgrade, they can have it.

    “There’s also the hardcore Dead Space players, who are reluctant to spend money outside the purchase of the game. Honestly, most of the dev team are that way, we’re kind of old school, a little bit older. So not only are the micro-transactions completely optional, but all packs are available to purchase using in-game resources that you find.”
    Source. Source. Source.

    More to the point, you're free to farm infinite resources at certain points in the game, making microtransactions irrelevant.
    Last edited by Faust; 02-09-2013 at 08:39 PM.

  16. #36
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Rickdawg420's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacto
    Posts
    109
    Reputation
    1

    Man from what I've read on these posts it sounds like no one is hyped for this game. I pre ordered and I'm loving the game, but I've also loved the series from the start. I guess I'm just trying to say everyone has their own feelings on new releases and such . If you feel like its worth it to buy the game brand new, then that's what u do. If not then u don't, so I see why someone would wait but ya it just comes down to personal preference

  17. #37
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Armadillo, U.S.A.
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    39

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdawg420 View Post
    Man from what I've read on these posts it sounds like no one is hyped for this game. I pre ordered and I'm loving the game, but I've also loved the series from the start. I guess I'm just trying to say everyone has their own feelings on new releases and such . If you feel like its worth it to buy the game brand new, then that's what u do. If not then u don't, so I see why someone would wait but ya it just comes down to personal preference
    Lol you didn't read shit then, people are bashing EA not the game

    People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

  18. #38
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    But how is EA making money a bad thing? They maintain a business with employees, which is never a bad thing. Many people are able to feed their families, enjoy a good quality of life.

    Bullfrog, Pandemic, Westwood, Mythic, origin, and soon Bioware and maxis would like to speak with you

    EA literally ruined spore, the biggest game they ever made, By telling will wright to casualize it.

    it's well known that once EA has its claws in you, your already dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO