Obsidian Pitching Star wars RPG game between Episodes III and IV

This is a discussion on Obsidian Pitching Star wars RPG game between Episodes III and IV within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Obsidian pitching Star Wars RPG set between episodes III and IV | News | PC Gamer “I would say it’s ...

INTJ

Obsidian Pitching Star wars RPG game between Episodes III and IV

Obsidian pitching Star Wars RPG set between episodes III and IV | News | PC Gamer

“I would say it’s within the top three pitches we’ve ever come up with,” Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart told RPS, describing Obsidian’s pitch for a new Star Wars game set between the end of the recent trilogy and the start of A New Hope.

“We think that timeframe is super interesting,” he added. “It’s the fall of the Republic, the extermination of the Jedi, it’s Obi-Wan going off and making sure Luke is OK. You have the Sith, but you have the extermination of all Force users except for very, very few. So it was an interesting time to set a game, and you know, Chris Avellone came up with a really cool story.”

Urquhart described how Obsidian condensed their ideas into a pithy eight page pitch and almost lured Lucasarts in. “We sold it off to LucasArts and got a call back later that day. They were like, ‘This seems really cool. We want to talk to you guys, like, tomorrow about it.’”

But it’s Disney’s decision to make these days. “We haven’t [talked with Disney yet]. We’re kind of waiting for the smoke to clear. But that’s one of my next big things to do. To kind of go over there and [get the ball rolling again].”

A lot happens between films three and four. The Jedi fled Sith kill squads, the Empire strengthened their grip on the Galaxy, and Luke Skywalker learned how to walk and talk without pooing and vomiting indiscriminately. I wonder which aspects of that era Obsidian will focus on?

please god let it happen

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would really like this.
    I love the Jedi Knight series because it expanded on the story (I know it has little to do with this news though), same with KotoR, even though those games were kinda meh, especially the sequels.

As long as they don't drag it endlessly like the boring Clone Wars franchise though...
    I just wanna see a well-done Star Wars RPG with an original story, so this got me excited.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I would really like this.
    I love the Jedi Knight series because it expanded on the story (I know it has little to do with this news though), same with KotoR, even though those games were kinda meh, especially the sequels.
    Obsidian made the sequel, bioware made the first one.

the reason the sequel was a bit weird is because for some reason obsidian keeps getting pushed to release too early when they are still trying to polish their game.

Alpha Protocol, New Vegas, etc. are a bunch of examples. dispite the amazing quality the writing has in those games, it is a bit buggy and people get turned off by that for some reason.

Project Eternity is the first game where they can just release when they are ready. South Park Stick of truth is also a Example possibly, just depends on how it plays at release.

Just remember, when obsidian takes it time it makes 100% polished masterpieces (they made fallout 1 and 2, planescape torment, neverwinter nights 2, etc.)

when they are rushed, their games are buggy. but fans just make their own unofficial patches to fix everything and all is right with the world.

tl;dr

obsidian entertianment is the best American RPG developer right now, problem is no one gives them enough time to perfect their masterpieces so they are buggy.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I see, and I suspected it was because of being rushed.
    Then I've nothing else to say except that I just HOPE they let them do their business without any pressure. They can and most likely will deliver an amazing game, it's just up to the publishers not to rush them or fucking cancel the game as it happens from time to time.
    The worst part is that the devs end up taking the blame...

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Please make this happen

Lvl 7 - Gold

I found the movies to be terrible, but have enjoyed most of the spin off games. I'd be willing to give this one a shot if it happened.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I found the movies to be terrible, but have enjoyed most of the spin off games. I'd be willing to give this one a shot if it happened.
    the old ones are the only good ones