EA/Bioware Intimidated by Witcher 3, Pushing for a 2013 Release date for DA3 to not overlap Witcher

This is a discussion on EA/Bioware Intimidated by Witcher 3, Pushing for a 2013 Release date for DA3 to not overlap Witcher within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Witcher 3 Announcement Intimidates EA, BioWare and Dragon Age III The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was announced on February ...

INTJ

EA/Bioware Intimidated by Witcher 3, Pushing for a 2013 Release date for DA3 to not overlap Witcher

The Witcher 3 Announcement Intimidates EA, BioWare and Dragon Age III

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was announced on February 5th, 2013 and everyone was excited about the news almost everyone. The Witcher 3 is going to be released on the NextGen consoles and high end PCs. If the reaputation of CD Projekt Red is anything to go by, the game will be of the highest quality, this of course (in a Marketing perspective) is considered a threat to many games particularly games of the same genre such as the upcoming BioWare Title: Dragon Age III.

Just a few days after the Witcher 3: Wild hunt was announced we got a report from our reliable network of insiders that EA and BioWare are really concerned in regards to the release of their Dragon Age III. We have been told that they are now pushing harder to reach the 2013 deadline and not to overlap with The Witcher 3 2014 release. BioWare is usually good at keeping their release dates however some believe that pushes like this can rush an incomplete game, and it may end up making Dragon Age 3 worse only because they panicked. Hopefully that will not happen.

EA and BioWare learned once how inferior their product was when compared to The Witcher 2 back when they released Dragon Age 2. Now they are hoping to win back the good will of their fans with the third installment of their Dragon Age franchise. Which is one of the games EA has spent the most time marketing making sure that the fans like the concept before releasing it to the public. At this point and time, a simple mistake can cost them a great amount of sales.

Dragon Age III is expected sometime during late 2013. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is hoped to be released sometimes during mid 2014. Currently none of the dates are officially confirmed.

run little rabbit run, the wolf is coming

★ Extra Astronomical ★

They better be intimidated!
    But I think they'll be better off if they take their time and focus on polishing DA3. I'm looking forward to both so I don't want to see Bioware create a piece of shit just because they wanted to get out of the gate first.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    They better be intimidated!
    But I think they'll be better off if they take their time and focus on polishing DA3. I'm looking forward to both so I don't want to see Bioware create a piece of shit just because they wanted to get out of the gate first.
    doesn't matter how shitty da3 is, they have a legion of bioware fans to defend it to the death no matter what.

infact they attacked witcher alot already for the dumbest reasons

http://i.imgur.com/ab0YU91.png

http://i.imgur.com/tpnQQuo.png
    Last edited by Ps360; 02-10-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hahahaha BSN......... who cares about them? they're bunch of blind-fanatic fanboys that only say shit, if one says something that makes sense, it triggers a trolling fest for 20 pages!! i'm there (mostly to know news about dlcs for me3) the rest i just ignore. because for every topic you open it will take -1 IQ from you. xD

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i dont see the witcher series being in competition with dragon age, they seem like they are in different categories of games, witcher seems more single player hack and slasher, while dragon age is more strategy and team based gameplay, they do have similar worlds in that they are both sword and magic based, but the gameplay is completely different, witcher would be more like skyrim, doesnt really matter anyways since ill probably get both of them if they are good since i like those kinds of games

Commander McBadass

Yes but you don't understand, The Witcher is way better because it is so much underground compared to thoses corporporation sell out games from ea/bioware.

My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_King View Post
    Yes but you don't understand, The Witcher is way better because it is so much underground compared to thoses corporporation sell out games from ea/bioware.

I dig ya man, fight the power!

Seems sensible to me, why hurt your sales by going up against something so hip!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just a few days after the Witcher 3: Wild hunt was announced we got a report from our reliable network of insiders that EA and BioWare are really concerned in regards to the release of their Dragon Age III.
    Maybe this "report" is true, and maybe it isn't. I have a hard time believing any media reports when they're based on sources they refuse to name, in any genre of "journalism". There are too many reporters across all fields who like to make shit up and justify it with unnamed sources to try and make it seem like they have a scoop and have real news to report.... when all they really want is a headline and column inches.

For all we know, this "reliable network of insiders" could be the voices in the reporter's own mind. Why don't we await developments and only judge whether or not this rumor has any basis in reality after we have some more facts and some time has passed.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_King View Post
    or the fact that the game uses mature themes, writing, downloadable content, and gameplay 100x better than EA.

even their packaging is better

http://i.imgur.com/MRT3M4u.jpg

illegal in 9 countries

Who cares? I'll buy both.

EA / Bioware did a cracking job with the Mass Effect series. Dragon Age...not so much, I can't even play it after ME3. I'm hoping DA3 turns that around and gets the franchise back on track.

There's also a lot to be said for the creative freedom of independent studios without major publisher constraints. The Witcher series may come off as budget in some respects due to financial limitations, but they make up for it in storytelling, gameplay and post-launch support.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-10-2013 at 07:31 PM.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Who cares? I'll buy both.

EA / Bioware did a cracking job with the Mass Effect series. Dragon Age...not so much, I can't even play it after ME3. I'm hoping DA3 turns that around and gets the franchise back on track.

There's also a lot to be said for the creative freedom of independent studios without major publisher constraints. The Witcher series may come of as budget in comparison in some respects, but they make up for it in storytelling.
    Hey, this man gets it. Buy both games, as will I too. I am more looking forward to Witcher 3 though, since DA2 was okay at best (recycling environments, anyone?). If DA3 can improve on those bad aspects, like subpar combat (DA2 was more akin to button-mashing than traditional rpg combat like DA: Origins) and recycled maps, then it is as good a deal as any.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    doesn't matter how shitty da3 is, they have a legion of bioware fans to defend it to the death
    Sounds like someone we all know.

Anyway, don't rush the damn game...