Source: PSN Now Takes PayPal in North America | PSNStoresIt’s been a long time coming, but PayPal is now accepted as a way of adding funds to your PSN wallet in North America. By way of signing into your Sony Entertainment Network account, you can add funds in increments of $5, $10, $20, $50.
This has been a thing in Europe for a while now and something many people have wanted the ability to do long before that. Paypal is a great option for those who use the service to receive funds by other means such as direct transfers or Amazon Seller accounts. Or for anyone who still might not fully trust your credit card numbers with Sony after the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services were hacked in 2011.
To add funds using PayPal just follow these simple steps using your favorite secure web browser:
From that point you will need to login to your PayPal account from PayPal directly. Sony Entertainment Network should appear at the top of the receipt while you are logging in and before you click Pay Now. After you finalize the payment you’ll get an email and will be returned back to the last Sony Entertainment Network screen where it should now say “Your transaction was successful!” and show your new balance.
- go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...c/login.action
- sign in to your Sony Online Entertainment account (ie: your PlayStation Network account)
- click Add Funds to Wallet
- click Add Funds to Wallet again
- click PayPal
- select a Funding Amount from the drop down
- click Continue
- a dialogue box will pop up with the following text “You have selected one of our external payment partners and will be redirected to their site when you click Continue to complete the process.”
- click Continue if you would like to proceed to PayPal.com
Apparently this was added about 3 updates ago. I had no idea so I figured I would post it in case others, who cared, didn't.