Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your least favorite task for platinum.

This is a discussion on Your least favorite task for platinum. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't mind each type of trophy, if done right. There are, of course, offenders that get the concept very ...

A plat a month!

I don't mind each type of trophy, if done right. There are, of course, offenders that get the concept very wrong.

Perform X amount of times

Perform X bionic, tech in Mass Effect

Go X distance

Go 100 miles on horseback in Darksiders
    10,000 steps on a chocobo -

Random trophies

Weapon drops in Earth Defense force
    Slot machine trophy - FFXIII

Collectibles

Worst offender in my experience - wolfenstein

Worst offender, my opinion - Crysis 2 - various skill kills, get first place in FFA

PRO Member

MP trophies definitely, especially the ones that are basically impossible without boosting (or that GLITCH!!! looking at you, 007 blood stone). I really don't have a problem with collectibles because I consider those to be part of the game and in many cases I would get them even if there were no such thing as trophies.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

♚ Overlord ♔

Good one guys! I agree with all of you. Most trophies types mentioned here are really tedious to do or really hard. I don't think anyone said lucked based trophies though. I hate those with a passion " This coming from a very unlucky person". The trophies take no skill but rather you must find a collectible BY CHANCE. These are very dumb meaning you could find said item in one day or even up to several months!

Examples: Final Fantasy XIII: trapezohedron's
    RDR: Undead Nightmare: Unicorn and all legend horses in general
    Disgaea 3: Prinny Pirates
    Dead Island: Rare loot
    Borderlands 2: Jimmy jenkins
    Uncharted GA: Bounties
    Naruto ultimate ninja storm 2: That lottery ticket
    Sims 3 Pets: The reaper

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate online trophies. I love getting on and playing co-op with friends, some of whom now live in other states, but I hate having to be forced to play online because I have terrible luck getting into the mix with children and douchebags, plus people without mics. You shouldn't be allowed online for games emphasizing co-op.

Not to mention games like those in EA's catalog that are unplattable because of dead servers.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Online trophies. Nothing else upsets me more when I have to rely on other people to earn a platinum for me. If I want to plat a game 3 years after the release when the online is non-existent, I should be able to.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Great Thread!!! I personally hate collectables especially if theres a shit load and they regenerate like in Star Wars force unleashed. The other thing that ticks my jaw online trophies. Now dont get me wrong i dont mind trophy hunting online and doing online trophies but what really pisses me off is when the developers decide to close a server and make the online trophies locked forever unless they decide to re open a server!!!!! SMH

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

VII

Multiple play through trophies and beat the game in (x) hours but most of all I HATE difficulty trophies. I like to just play on easiest difficulty and take me time with the game doing one playthrough, is that too much to ask?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

There's a whole whack of least favorites for me:

No chapter select (it's irritating when a trophy glitches and you have to play the game all over again just to get that trophy)
    No new game+
    Timed missions/games
    Online trophies (not worth the frustration just to get the platinum)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Online Trophies like the ones from Ghost Recon

C'mon Ubisoft, almost no one will play this f*cking MP for hours...
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I will not go after any trophy that requires online or co-op gameplay. (Lego co-op trophies are different since I can play them with a controller in each hand. Still hate them though.) I like playing games by myself. It's my me time. They relax me. I love going after collectibles. Timed missions can drive me crazy but I usually try them. Defeating someone without taking damage drives me crazy too but I typically will give it a go as well. Online and co-op though, never. Yuck!

PRO Member

i see everyone saying the same of online and collectables.... .. i agree with the collectables...... dont mind some onlines.... like the AC brotherhood and Revelations were fine, Revelations is 10times easier and faster than the brotherhood multiplayer.............
    but to answer the threads question............ I can't stand Trial/missions - that you gotta do for all characters like Super Street fighter for instance.... well honestly it seems to be a campcom thing from what i see because even marvel vs campcom had it, and those trials were the only thing keeping me from the platinum X___X i wish they didn't have those............. they are so annoying ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

randoms....random trophies are a pain in the ass, especially when the events to get them are also f*ckin random xD
    so yeah the random/luck based trophies are anoying...

Work hard, no excuses.

Winter Is Coming

Like a lot of others have said, I hate online trophies. I don't mind co-op trophies I can do with a friend but when its with random people online I can't stand it.
    I also don't like missable trophies and most time trials/speedruns get me stressed out too but I still give them a go

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Digital Terror

Online trophies and collectables

VitaUnlocked

Online trophies like, get to rank x in multiplayer. Grindy as hell. Collectables also suck .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Online/MP Trophies. I don't mind most collectible trophies but can't stand luck based drop collectibles.Like Uncharted: GA bounties, and PvZ(vita) all Zen garden plants.Or collectibles that are just asinine I'm looking at you FFXIII.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Difficulty trophies and online multi player trophies are hard for me to get. Oh and trophies that require getting the highest rank and not dying in a certain level are also hard to get. I'm just a casual gamer and I am not very good at getting trophies like these ones.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For me it very much depend on the game. Collectable trophies can be a pain but they can also be good if the collectables have some meaning, like background story, power ups, etc. Multiplayer I rarely get into so unless they are easy those will stop me getting my plat. The one kind of trophy I hate the most is difficulty trophies that doesn't stack!!!! like in shadows of the damned. I enjoyed the game but I don't feel like playing through it 3 times just to get all 3 difficulty trophies.

PRO Member

Don't really care for a lot of on-line play so that would be one for me. Or how about Batman Arkam City

Storyteller
    Have 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man

Plats-O'-War!!

after getting all the collectibles in The Amazing Spider-Man, I can honestly say collectibles don't bother me as much. The only thing I do not like is when there's a ridiculous online grind, when the MP's damn near dead (looking at you Resistance 2 and Crysis 2!!! ), but outside of that, nothing honestly. Just hope I can keep this "not being bothered with certain trophies" going

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast