Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your least favorite task for platinum.

This is a discussion on Your least favorite task for platinum. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; collecting hundreds of shitty cups or whatever ergh they're horrible, online trophies for a game that's not popular and the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

collecting hundreds of shitty cups or whatever ergh they're horrible, online trophies for a game that's not popular and the online is dead, and difficulty trophies

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

Beating the game on the hardest difficulty. Collectibles somewhat. I don't mind in some games.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 9 - Gold

Insane online trophies for games with a dead multiplayer, like AC Brotherhood, GTAIV, Battlefield Bad Company, Killzone 2, etc.
    If only single player then beating the game on the hardest difficulty, when the game is insanely cheap or unforgiving, mostly due to bad checkpoint placement or long loading screens. I'm looking at you, Spec Ops: The Line.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

-i- love myself.

Crazy online trophies that require thousands of hours to obtain and collectible trophies that you have to collect a whole lot of intel.

Judgement by Blaster

Totally agree with that, also games that require insane challenges are also tedious.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

PRO Member

I'm up for most trophies, so I don't hate online, grinding or collectible trophies since they make me a better player. I do hate trophies that you can only earn by failing (ex. Getting My Ass Kicked in God of War) since it goes against my "gaming spirit".

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Multiplayer trophies followed by diffiucutly trophies that force u to play the game on easy before it unlocks on hard requiring two playthroughs. Because of this i still havent platinumed uncharted 3 have to do it in the future.

PRO Member

Collectibles

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Misables paired with collectables. :/ My example = FFXIII. GOD!

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Battle trophies such as Star Ocean. 900 is alot

Lvl 6 - Silver

Online Trophies have become the latest bane of my trophy hunting experience.

Whether it's Resistance 2 with 10,000 kills. Bioshock 2 with reaching Level 40, basically dead/empty online like Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood or worse, closed servers like Ghostbusters. I think Overlord 2's was closed as well, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

IN ORDER:
    1) Any game thay requires reliance (willing or unwilling) on other players, whether it's MP or Co-op to obtain trophies for platinum. Can't. Stand. That. Shit.....
    2) Games that require more than 2 playthroughs for platinum. It's more tolerable when the game is as good as Dead Space 3 for instance, but still irritating none the less
    3) Massive amounts of collectibles (Amazing Spider-Man) or irritating / difficult collectibles (inFAMOUS)
    4) Trophies you have to grind
    5) The recent trend of cramming a bunch of (what would otherwise be) trophies into one or two 'actual' trophies and calling them 'challenges' (COD: BO2, ALIENS : Colonial Marines, Crysis 3, etc.). Really fucking annoying, this.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Backlog Grinding

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelryn View Post
    Any game where online multiplayer is necessary for the Platinum. I don't like playing online for several reasons, but nothing frustrates me more than a game where you have to do so much online in order to get that sweet, sweet plat. After all, mulitplayer trophies are the soul reason that i will never complete Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations. But, if the games are good, I'll still play them.
    Completely agree here! Online play is terrible unless its with friends or members of the community that have the same goal.

Currently playing -->

Lvl 2 - Bronze

definitely getting all the collectibles is the WORST, although having to play really lame multiplayer modes like those in re5/re6 for extended periods of time is pretty close, actually nvm it IS WORSE!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

what annoys me the most when going for a plat is a game that requires any online trophies for the plat because in most cases the trophies are dependent on either playing like 500 matches online or having teammates who are good so you will most likely only be able to get the trophies with a lot of luck or by boosting them and secondly I hate games that require more than 2 play throughs for the plat because unless the game is amazing I most likely wont play through it more than twice without taking a break from it for a few months

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For me its mostly Hardest Difficulty trophies and Online trophies that involve relying on others. never really got into LBP because i just like to play games and not be forced to rely on others and be creative to grind or boost for hard trophies. I only got the Modnation Racer plat because im an elite cart racer and grinded XP.

BTW i have 4 games that are 91% because of not being able to beat the hardest difficulty so far:

Dead Space 2 (Hard Core mode)
    3D Dot Game Heroes (Spelunker Mode = 1 hit deaths)
    Spec Ops: the Line (FUBAR = FUCKU)
    Vanquish (Tactical Challenge 6)
    Last edited by KillerApp23; 03-18-2013 at 04:51 PM.

PRO Member

In my opinion insanely time consuming and/or grinding online trophies (GTA IV Wanted, BF BC Beans Bullets Bandages etc.)

closely followed by collectible trophies, with near impossible to find, and completely useless collectibles (GTA IV pigeons, Mafia 2 wanted posters, LA Noir golden film tapes etc.)

Just ...

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelryn View Post
    Any game where online multiplayer is necessary for the Platinum. I don't like playing online for several reasons, but nothing frustrates me more than a game where you have to do so much online in order to get that sweet, sweet plat. After all, mulitplayer trophies are the soul reason that i will never complete Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations. But, if the games are good, I'll still play them.
    See: Tomb Raider's Shopaholic Bronze Trophy. Screw that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Fry Cry 2 War Lord Trophy.
    "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"
    "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito"

Rangers F.C

I normally buy pre-owned games , so would say it would be having to buy a shitty online pass for a game that only has a couple online trophies .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast