Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your least favorite task for platinum.

This is a discussion on Your least favorite task for platinum. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Pretty straight forward, I would figure there is always a couple annoying trophies stopping you from platting a game because ...

♚ Overlord ♔

Your least favorite task for platinum.

Pretty straight forward, I would figure there is always a couple annoying trophies stopping you from platting a game because its really tedious so I'm pretty curious, what is it? This can range from hardest difficulty, collectibles, and/or multiple playthroughs. Feel free to reference any game if you want.

Legalize it...

Probably collectables that need a guide. If the game is good I dont mind playing a 2nd time...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Any game where online multiplayer is necessary for the Platinum. I don't like playing online for several reasons, but nothing frustrates me more than a game where you have to do so much online in order to get that sweet, sweet plat. After all, mulitplayer trophies are the soul reason that i will never complete Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations. But, if the games are good, I'll still play them.

Up the Irons!

Well, I have so many, but I guess I'll go with collectibles. I just really don't like collectibles. It's fine when you aren't tasked with collecting all of them (unless there is only a small amount), but that usually isn't the case.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

The One and Only

Having to match up with a specific amount of players/friends online to play one match of anything. I hate those trophies!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

The trophy tasks that I loathe are any tasks associated with multi-player or co-op. They are completely unnecessary imo.

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelryn View Post
    Any game where online multiplayer is necessary for the Platinum. I don't like playing online for several reasons, but nothing frustrates me more than a game where you have to do so much online in order to get that sweet, sweet plat. After all, mulitplayer trophies are the soul reason that i will never complete Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations. But, if the games are good, I'll still play them.
    I concur with this statement BUT to a point. If I'm not interested in the online multiplayer, then that game is going to stay at whatever % it is at. On the other hand, if the game is has interesting aspects within the multiplayer, then I'll give it a try.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

PRO Member

My 2 biggest annoying types are 1)multiple playthroughs (on most games) and 2) completely random trophies. NG+ is usually helpful with the multiple playthroughs though or if I enjoyed the game (Infamous being my favorite multi-playthrough).

Online trophies and collectibles don't bother me too much.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

My least favorite task for a platinum trophy is online mode. Online mode is the reason why I can't platinum most fighting games.

Venire, Videre, Vince

collectibles + missables nuff said,

but the multiple playthroughs like MGS 4 play it 8+ times over and over for some trophies, not easy I have the game but have yet to play it!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Deathless Destroyer

I dislike online trophies if they require me to play more than 15-30 minutes to achieve them. Part of the reason why I'll never Crysis 2. For games like Resistance 2, luckily you can achieve all but one of the trophies ( Killing Machine) through offline coop. It's a shame offline multiplayer doesn't count towards trophies
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lord of all Goat-Men

Anything that relies on the participation or co-operation of other players, as well as excessive playthroughs.
    1 Playthrough? Great. 2 Playthroughs? If it's a good game, or a NG+, sure. 3 Playthroughs? Now it has to be a really good game. Anymore than that? The developer can go fuck themselves.
    Online trophies suck, unless the game has a specific focus on multiplayer, like Battlefield 3. In those situations, you kind of already knew what you'd be getting yourself into.
    Trophies based on luck or a randomly determine factor are annoying as well. Case in point, Borderlands Claptrap Revolution DLC item trophies. All drops are completely random, and are a nightmare to farm.
    An excessive number of collectibles is annoying, too.

On the plus side, I really enjoy unique trophies. Those that you get for regular gameplay, but that put a smile on your face, like Borderlands 2's Well that was Easy.
    Last edited by Faust; 02-13-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

useless collectibles and mp stuff

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Galaxy beauty pirate

Collectibles, multiple playthroughs (more than 2) and sometimes online. Also when a trophy is hard to get and I get my ass kicked every time (mostly fighting games).
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 9 - Gold

If there are more than 3 difficulty levels (easy, normal, hard), and there's a trophy for beating the game on the hardest setting. Made even worse if there are ratings for levels/chapters etc, and there's a trophy for getting max rating on all levels, while playing on the hardest setting. Those devs can go fuck themselves with morningstars. (examples being any of the Mass Effect games, or most games from Team Ninja.)
    Also, I can deal with random MP trophies, such as "x number of games" or "play a game on each map", but the infamous "reach max level in MP" is an instant "no purchase" for me. That's the reason I will never plat AC: Brotherhood (along with having to get every single online bonus, along with other things), but managed to plat AC: Revelations, since it only required level 20.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i hate timed or high score related trophies, also i'm not too fond of difficult online trophies either (time consuming trophies are fine like the 10,000 kills in resistance 2 because i loved that game, the hard ones, not too much, like getting into the top 1% of the weekly rankings in killzone 2 (thanks god that's over))

and i HAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEE arcade trophies like AC3 how you had to beat the computer (actual computer skill level) for 3 games that no body has played in decades! (i had to get a computer (app) to play for me and it still took around 20 games each to beat them (for 2/3 of them the third couldn't use a computer on but was a lot easier than the other 2)

but i LOVE collectibles trophies (lol a lot of people have said they hate it on this thread so far, that's why i play the LEGO games because there are so much collectibles in those games - a nice easy / relaxing / fun platinum) (don't hate on me for getting LEGO plats they still take like 40+ hours or something and i have a few hard plats like killzone 2, modnation, unreal tournament 3...)

Signature Created by Bladia

Ice Cream Firefighter

The ONLY thing that bothers me with going for platinum is while playing MP, people with mics that's it, just shut the hell up & play, nobody cares about you getting in shit off your mother.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    The ONLY thing that bothers me with going for platinum is while playing MP, people with mics that's it, just shut the hell up & play, nobody cares about you getting in shit off your mother.
    Hear that in (almost *phew*) every online game I play!

"*random gay music on loud during game* (how do they hear what game they play!?)"

"*SCREAMING so loudly that the receiver can still barely hear the noise at the other side of their house with the TV set at a normal volume*"

"saying hello over and over and how they are and where they are to people who have their mics turned on but aren't using them (I got that treatment a dozen times when I was playing Call of Duty with my new Pulse Stereo Headset and had the mic turned to off while keeping the mic image-thingy there )

I could go on and on....
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    If there are more than 3 difficulty levels (easy, normal, hard), and there's a trophy for beating the game on the hardest setting. Made even worse if there are ratings for levels/chapters etc, and there's a trophy for getting max rating on all levels, while playing on the hardest setting. Those devs can go fuck themselves with morningstars. (examples being any of the Mass Effect games, or most games from Team Ninja.)
    Also, I can deal with random MP trophies, such as "x number of games" or "play a game on each map", but the infamous "reach max level in MP" is an instant "no purchase" for me. That's the reason I will never plat AC: Brotherhood (along with having to get every single online bonus, along with other things), but managed to plat AC: Revelations, since it only required level 20.
    actually reaching level 50 was pretty easy, the "getting every bonus" one is difficult though, i should have got it and the platinum for Brotherhood but it glitched on me (wouldn't give me the trophy even know i met the requirements) (same thing happened with Revelations; another glitched trophy, so i was really considering not playing ac3, to see if i would run into the 3rd glitched platinum from the same franchise... and i did, but thankfully this one could be easy fixed) so far AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations are the only 2 games that had glitched trophies that made me not able to get their platinums, i should be at 72 now (btw i didn't play the revelations mp because i didn't think it worth it, if i couldn't get the platinum (a SP trophy glitched on me))

Signature Created by Bladia

Lvl 7 - Gold

Beat the game on a locked superhard difficulty. I like collectibles, especially if they force me to search the level in out of the way areas.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast