Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Video games making men "pathetic"?

This is a discussion on Video games making men "pathetic"? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know he's jumping to conclusions but the man does have a point. Its not just games though, its TV, ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I know he's jumping to conclusions but the man does have a point. Its not just games though, its TV, internet, films etc

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Video games are the 18 - 34 year olds version of going to bars and doing drugs all night like his generation use to do. The way I see it, at least what we do is cheaper and doesn't impede our libedo.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    I know he's jumping to conclusions but the man does have a point. Its not just games though, its TV, internet, films etc
    Exactly, and those things have existed for DECADES... So my point still stands, how is it any different now?

He is clearly stating video-games are a key component of what he sees as a current problem.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Apparently he has never earned a platinum!

To be honest though it is all about balance. If the man/woman of the house can provide for his/her family (or himself/herself), keep a decent fitness level, then why the hell not should they not be able to enjoy a plat! It doesnt make them lazy! There are lot more people glued to the tv watching others realities. At least we are stimulating our brains.

Sig by Sigs & Beyond : Bladia

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Exactly, and those things have existed for DECADES... So my point still stands, how is it any different now?

He is clearly stating video-games are a key component of what he sees as a current problem.
    Maybe he wants to start a crusade against gaming like others have. It damages and corrupts the minds of people! It must be stopped! More censorship!

It gets old. People like that and the people that post this shit just need to go away and never open their "pathetic" mouths.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

I don't think its video games that make people lazy, but its people's mentality to begin with.
    I mean when your at your job, most people try to do the bare minimum, rather than as much as they can to their full potential.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Game on....

William Bennett is ignorant, sexist and clueless. His statement about laziness in males is what is allowing women to "take the place of men" is inaccurate to say the least. Has he ever considered the fact that Women play videogames? Are those Women lazy?

A plat a month!

Not only has this guy proved himself wrong about video games, but also that of universal sufferage. Is he implying that this worlds power rests with men only?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm sorry but he's complaining Games are causing a decline in the male workforce? Have seen this guy he's so fat it looks like he never worked a day in his life.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I found this and thought it was appropriate for this thread.

Very epic pic
    Does NOT Accept Blank Friend Requests

Platinum Dohvakiin

Ok this guys logic and common sense are both out the window. Because for one the reason why women make 44% more than they did back in the 70's. Is because they were severally under paid for decades. The reason why more women have college degrees is because more women graduate high school. Because frankly there are more women in this country then men. And the reason why 20% of the male population is unemployed. Has very little if at all to do with video games. And more to do with the fact that. The jobs that men usually preform i.e. construction and manufacturing. Are not readily available anymore. Either do to out sourcing to other countries or the various other economic reasons in this economic climate.
    You can plug any other invalid thing into that article. To substitute the words Video Games. And that article would still make about as much sense as it does now. Which is none at all. Anyone who takes this article seriously. Is just as disillusioned as this guy apparently is. Are there a lot of unemployed men playing video games. I'm sure there is. But for the most part. A large portion of them are not unemployed because they play video games. They play video games because they happen to be unemployed. And I'm pretty sure if anybody was unemployed for 6 months or more. Would find something to escape that reality.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 5 - Silver

It's very important to not involve our emotion in this case. He is diffintly not idiot, but there are some conservatism in his viewpoints lol .

I absolutely disagree with what he saying. He is right that women are become more successful than men and the rate is increasing every years, but WHY should that blamed on video games ?? Yes spending alot of time with video games will affect you in many aspect of your life like social, health and education but that will be an addiction which each individual is 100% responsible for this problem NOT video games. Playing video games 10 hours a day EVERY day this will certainly affect your life, yes ofcourse it will, so will drinking alcohol like maniac, watching movies, anime, manga for hours and hours EVERY day......... I can keep going. This is addiction we talking about. Simply putting the blame on video games are insignificant by any means.

If you ask me the huge problem is the parent that need to give their children more time (instead of trophyhunting lol I kid I kid ) I mean upbringing of your children is very important to shape their personality and their success in life. Blaming the unstoppable technology is more pathetic than this claim.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Please. This kat doesn't date much.

The average single woman over 27 is soooooooo full of herself with her "Sex and the City" fueled ideal of the perfect male that she doesn't know what the F she wants anymore.

If you have six pack abs and a half a million dollars in the bank....you don't read enough.

If you read alot and you have six pack abs and 2 million dollars in the bank...you're not a doctor.

If you are a doctor who exercises a little, drives a porsche and has shore front property...you should give more time to poor people.

This f#[email protected] has noooooooo clue what it's like to date these days.

I hope he runs into a couple of "pathetic" gamers in a dark alley one night and they skull F^C# him in his jowls!!!

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I found this and thought it was appropriate for this thread.

Haha. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't care. I enjoy my games and it's my hobby. Anyone who disagree can get a kick in there ass!!!!

Buy my book, Alteration

I think that's a stupid statement! Games build men! Don't listen to them Sackboy... don't listen to the non-believers...

Seriously though, people just use games as scapegoats like that. Unless you play 24/7, it shouldn't make an issue. They're just lazy like that. I game and I'm not ashamed. It's my hobby and I'm proud.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Me, i blame Me, it's my fault guys, i dropped the ball, tell this guy you are blameless and to come talk to me............

................ and hopefully i'll have found my whupping stick, which i don't use personally because i'm pathetic, i'll get my woman to bludgeon his jowly jaw off. Or i would but seeing as how i'm pathetic i don't have a woman so i'll get my pet cat to do it. Or i would but..... yeah you get the picture.

Anyway, that guy, he just gets it doesn't he?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Typical sexist politician. How can this man be allowed to make these accusations with no evidence to back it up? I play video games because I can't afford to gamble all my money away in Las Vegas like you William J Bennett.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can't tell if he hates video games or if he's butthurt over the fact that women are getting more degrees and not staying 'in the kitchen' anymore.

It seems like both.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123