View Poll Results: What do you want next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best and worst sequels this generation

12 80.00%
  • Top FPS

3 20.00%

Rankings: Overrated franchises

This is a discussion on Rankings: Overrated franchises within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My link to overrated games isn't working so I went ahead to overrated franchises. Hopefully there will be a tad ...

PRO Member

Rankings: Overrated franchises

My link to overrated games isn't working so I went ahead to overrated franchises. Hopefully there will be a tad more feedback on this one. Also, please vote for what you want next Feedback/votes are the key to these rankings continuing

Rankings:

Toggle Spoiler

Previous rankings:

Video for Rankings:

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by Jaggy2872; 02-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Lack of Nintendo titles makes this one come off as extremely fanboyish. I could easily make an argument for Zelda being the title that causes a minimalist amount of changes that rivals any CoD - and with even less of a story to go with it. Mario is another franchise that has stepped out of it's comfort zone maybe four times since it's NES roots, and also offers the doldrums of minimalist changes.

No Resident Evil or The Elder Scrolls series, are painfully obvious omissions that belong on a list of this type as well. I could also make cases for things like Mega Man, Street Fighter, Mass Effect, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Dynasty Warriors, Madden and more - and we'd have a completely different top 10 list all together.

My personal criteria would have to do with how much a franchise is willing to change, while at the same time deliver something that feels cohesive in some way whether it be game play, lore, or story - and a lot of those titles that are listed don't belong in there, to me, because they don't really feel as if they fall victim to those elements within themselves.

I probably could make a top 10 most overrated list of Nintendo franchises alone that would fit the mold, so seeing zero titles from Nintendo on an overrated list at all, really makes me question the validity of the creators opinion and intentions.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kiwi Defender

Rubicant is right. There's no Mario. There's no Medal of Honor. There's no Pokemon. There's no Dragon Quest. There's no Fallout. There's no Sims. There's no Resident Evil. There's no Star Wars. There's not a shitton of franchises, yet Fable is at the top, followed by Angry Birds . Yes, Molyneux promised a lot and rarely delivered, and yes, Angry Birds has become a pop culture fad, but in the end, they're hardly some of the best rated franchises out there, so they can hardly be overrated. They are simply popular (and Fable is far from being a very popular franchise at that).

Seems like the worst list so far, and the most moronic too.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Check Those Corners

No Battlefield? No Borderlands? Wow.

But Medal Gear Solid is on there. Bullshittery at its finest.

#hashtag

Why the fuck is sonic even there? Sonic died ages ago,sadly.

And to quote nag this list is very moronic indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post

But Medal Gear Solid is on there. Bullshittery at its finest.
    I'm suprisingly fine with this

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    No Resident Evil or The Elder Scrolls
    How I feel about this whole thread.
    Last edited by Ramon3110; 02-13-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: My netz sucks

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    Why the fuck is sonic even there? Sonic died ages ago,sadly.
    Not to mention the new games keep getting bashed, not praised, so how can they be overrated?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

> Restart Button <

Wow that's quite an upsetting list for me. First of all, I've never heard anyone boast or brag how Sonic is. I'm the guy to do that and I don't even do that. GTA... sure. CoD.... of course. Angry Birds.... The AC series deserves a scarlet letter at this point so that one's cool too. MGS & Kingdom Hearts?

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Just realized that the video for these rankings and the explanation for the gamesbeing there wasn't put up. Sorry about that.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

(Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Angry Birds, Final Fantasy)
    I agree to all despite my like/love (respectively) for the first and last of what I mentioned.

(Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid)
    Definitely not. All are not praised nearly as much as they should be.

(Pokemon, Mario, Sims, Star Wars, Madden)
    All should be added. Pokemon should be in the top 3 for sure. Madden in the top 5.

This is a bad list for sure. Probably made by a Nintendo fan boy. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Rubicant is right. There's no Mario. There's no Medal of Honor. There's no Pokemon. There's no Dragon Quest. There's no Fallout. There's no Sims. There's no Resident Evil. There's no Star Wars. There's not a shitton of franchises, yet Fable is at the top, followed by Angry Birds . Yes, Molyneux promised a lot and rarely delivered, and yes, Angry Birds has become a pop culture fad, but in the end, they're hardly some of the best rated franchises out there, so they can hardly be overrated. They are simply popular (and Fable is far from being a very popular franchise at that).
    Overrated games do not have to be the most popular. Just more popular than they deserve. Overrated games are generally really popular (Final Fantasy), but don't have to be.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw