Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

PS4 Controller leaked? Looks like!

This is a discussion on PS4 Controller leaked? Looks like! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by wcamicase Why are you guys thinking that this is the final design? Did you guys also think ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    Why are you guys thinking that this is the final design? Did you guys also think that this was going to be the final WiiU gameplad? LOL

There's a difference between a Dev kit controller and a prototype.

prototypes never leave the company and very rarely make a appearance outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    But seriously, I'd rather a headset. PS4 could do with a better social experience (for those who want it of course).
    screw social, give me games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

No one cares what you what. Some people want a social experience because maybe they actually have friends to talk to eh ps360

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    No one cares what you what. Some people want a social experience because maybe they actually have friends to talk to eh ps360
    then talk to them on facebook.

ill play games on a GAME CONSOLE.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    then talk to them on facebook.

ill play games on a GAME CONSOLE.
    oh for goodness sake. What about PLAYING GAMES WITH OTHER PEOPLE! Much more fun

DON'T BLINK

screw social, give me games.
    Says the person who bitches up and down because Sony hasn't given us cross game chat

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Says the person who bitches up and down because Sony hasn't given us cross game chat
    basic features =/= social features

i'm talking about "CONGRATS YOU GOT THE GOLD ACHIEVEMENT LIKE AND TWEET THIS TO YOUR FACEBOOKS" and "IMPORT YOUR WHOLE FACEBOOK FRIENDS LIST INTO THE CONSOLE FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE"

i keep my actual social life and my online social life entirely separate. i dont want them to cross for a reason.

Lvl 8 - Gold

basic features =/= social features

i'm talking about "CONGRATS YOU GOT THE GOLD ACHIEVEMENT LIKE AND TWEET THIS TO YOUR FACEBOOKS" and "IMPORT YOUR WHOLE FACEBOOK FRIENDS LIST INTO THE CONSOLE FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE"

i keep my actual social life and my online social life entirely separate. i dont want them to cross for a reason.
    WOAH. When I said social experience I did not mean that shit!

I merely meant more use of voice chat and a party system!

Nope, nothing

Wow... the site still doesn't have the image auto resizing back
    http://www.ps4site.com/wp-content/up...4_4bcc.jpg.png

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    WOAH. When I said social experience I did not mean that shit!

I merely meant more use of voice chat and a party system!
    Game companies can even fuck that up.

for example, Xbox is intergrating fucking skype as the main voice chat system. the only positive is skype's voice codec.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/28/30...microsoft-xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    i have been dealing with that shit on this site for months.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm fine with it. It's not bad BUT I am not a fancy gizmo motion controller touch screen gimmick guy...

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Get bent...

Now THAT looks much better.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Meh. It's all prototype/development crap. Let's wait until the 20th and see what happens with Sony's announcement.

Get bent...

Usually your posts annoy the fuck out of me.....but this made me lol.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

DON'T BLINK

This is a pretty good read...

Earlier today we got a first look at what our sources have confirmed is a prototype controller for Sony's forthcoming console, the PlayStation 4. While the photo provides only a limited view of the new design, it represents the culmination of several persistent rumors over the last few months, including reports of an integrated touch surface and PlayStation Move support. But what else can discern from the photo? Read on as we take a closer look.

Touch Surface
    There had been rumblings Sony's integration of a touch surface for its next-gen controller, and it seems those reports were accurate. In the middle of a photo we can see a glossy plastic panel, not unlike the kind found on the back of the PS Vita. While the intended purpose of the panel is unclear, it's important to note that it occupies the space previous reserved for the start and select buttons, which have either been removed or are out of view. Given the placement of the touch panel and Sony's implementation on the PS Vita, it will likely be used for gesture-based navigation and tap commands for functions assigned to certain areas of the surface. There's also the possibility that panel also features some sort of LCD screen, which also had been previously rumored, but may not have been powered on or functioning at the time of the photo.

Motion-Tracking LED
    Perhaps what's most immediately apparent is the top-mounted LED, like the type found on the PlayStation Move. It seems likely that the next PlayStation will use the integrated light to track the motion of the controller, perhaps aiding in the aiming or perspective of an in-game character. But whereas the PlayStation Move controllers was designed to be an extension of the player's arms and serve as a replacement to the DualShock 3, this implementation seems to have been designed to work alongside the standard input methods. Unless, of course, Sony expects users to dual-wield controllers and flail their arms.
    What's most interesting about this revelation is its implications for the PlayStation Eye camera, which is used to track the LEDs — will we see a new improved version? Or, perhaps, will one be integrated into the console itself?

The Unmarked Button
    Though hard to make out, we can see a small rectangular button just to the left of the touch pad and the upper right of the d-pad. Based on previous reports, we can guess that this is the fabled "share" button, which could be used to allow users to quickly share in-game clips with friends and potentially third-party services like Facebook. It's also possible that the feature will be powered by cloud gaming service Gaikai, which Sony acquired last year. Like the "Brag Clip" feature found on OnLive, Gaikai's servers could be used to stream and record footage of a player's in-game experience in realtime.
    Integrated Speaker or Microphone
    In the center we can also see what appears to be a speaker grate, which suggests Sony could be building an integrated speaker or microphone into the controller. If we consider how the feature has been used on the Wii and Wii U, the speaker could be used to provide additional audible cues and effects. On the other hand, if the port is housing a microphone, it could be used to detect voice commands ala Siri or communications for online play or audio/video conferencing.
    The Mystery Port/Switch
    On the bottom we can see what appears to be the outer portion of some form of port. While we can't quite make out the type of connection it's intended for, its presence immediately brings to mind the Xbox 360's bottom-mounted microphone cable. It would seem unusual, however, for Sony to so closely replicate a feature and design found on its rival's previous-gen system, especially when most other elements of the design emphasize innovative new technologies and concepts. There's also a possibility that the protrusion is not, in fact, a port, but rather a switch of some kind. It could be used to disable the touch pad to prevent erroneous taps or even activate the Move controller LED.
    Redesigned Thumbsticks and D-Pad, Wider Grips
    While it seems the X, square, circle, and triangle buttons have remained unaltered, the d-pad and thumbsticks look remarkably different than the DualShock 3. The overall width of the controller seems significantly larger and by association the sticks are further apart. The thumpads have also been tweaked to include a distinct ridge around the edges and a convex center. To the left, we can see that the directional buttons are larger and seem to be part of one solid piece divided by small indentations. The shoulder buttons are out of view, but it's clear that the base of the chassis is wider, suggesting that Sony could be giving the buttons added surface area.
    What We Still Don't Know
    Although we've confirmed that this is a legitimate prototype, it's possible that the final design may be different. What's more, it's unclear if the pictured controller represents the model that will be bundled with the system or a variation that players can buy separately. And most obviously, we have no sense of the rear side of the design — has Sony changed the triggers? Do the grips have biometric sensors as previously rumored? Only time will tell.

We're just a few short days away from Sony's big PlayStation event in New York City, where we expect we'll learn more about the PlayStation 4, and perhaps, its new high-tech controller. Be sure to tune in next Wednesday, February 20th, at 2pm PST/5PM EST forour live coverage of the event.

Saints Row IV

That controller is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
    But the button between Start and select needs a new image....
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    That controller is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
    But the button between Start and select needs a new image....
    I'm guessing that's the 'Share' button.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I dunno if that's the share button, that could be the select button..
    If you guys look closely you can notice a button on the other side of the controller that looks almost the same, that could be the start button

But what do I know? LOL

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    I dunno if that's the share button, that could be the select button..
    If you guys look closely you can notice a button on the other side of the controller that looks almost the same, that could be the start button
    If you looked at the controller at all, you'll clearly see the 'Start' and 'Select' buttons in their usual place.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    If you looked at the controller at all, you'll clearly see the 'Start' and 'Select' buttons in their usual place.
    Ohh sorry, we're talking about different controllers, I'm talking about the first one that is legit and you're talking about the second one the does really look like it has some photoshop (at least in the touch pad thing)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast