Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hacking an unobtainable platinum?

This is a discussion on Hacking an unobtainable platinum? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If you look at my trophies. I did not get tiger Woods 10 plat. All I had to do is ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you look at my trophies. I did not get tiger Woods 10 plat. All I had to do is complete play the pro's. I could have let my 6 year old play the round and still get the plat 100 + over par lol.

It does annoy you I know the feeling, I just put it down to the one that got away. I have just made sure my games I have now I get the online crap out the way.
    The decision is all your, I will not do it as it pisses me off people having several plats for the same bloody game. You've proved you can complete the game why get the same plat in jap or eu etc etc. The vita has opened a can of worm with this cross play bollocks. Ie sync to ps3 earn double trophies. LOL rant over. Tiger Woods 14 is coming out the end of March. Concentrate on plating that one I'll join you. Micky T

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Personal opinion? Write off Tiger Woods and play something else.The big picture though? It's not like your family will be detained, tried and executed for harboring a Trophy hacker nor a guy who didn't get a Plat on Tiger Woods 10 so do what you will.

The One and Only

I would never recommend hacking a trophy, so here's what I would recommend:

Before getting a game, do some research on the game about the trophies. Get information about the difficulty of the platinum, what you need to prepare for to get specific trophies, and whether or not there are any online trophies and if the servers are online or not. That will not only save you the trouble of having all platinums except one due to servers being down, but it would also prevent the issue of whether or not to hack a game just for the trophies.

So like what El Jefe said, get the trophies you can without hacking, but like I said before, I do not recommend you hacking the others. It's just going to be that one game you won't complete. Use this as a learning experience for the future.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Retired...

Forgot about the losers hacking users... Look at my Madden NFL 10 which is impossible to platinum, still I am PPS fellow member.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

who cares what other people think.

if you wanna hack then hack, if its just 1 trophy and its unobtainable and its something like "complete 10 online games" then who would care. I don't hack trophies, but if your only hacking 1 trophy for the servers being down, go ahead. But some people are bitches about it.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

Yeah hack it, I mean all platinums is great, chicks dig that, you will get laid.

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lord of all Goat-Men

Well for starters, I wouldn't go around asking a bunch of people who dedicate their gaming time to collecting trophies for their opinion about hacking...

With such a large plat collection, and the fact that you're in PPS, you really should have checked out the trophy list before starting the game up in the first place. You didn't, messed up, and now you're going to put your whole collection in jeopardy? Seems like a waste to me.

Move on and play something else.

DON'T BLINK

I'm dumb, what the hell is PPS?

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Well for starters, I wouldn't go around asking a bunch of people who dedicate their gaming time to collecting trophies for their opinion about hacking...

With such a large plat collection, and the fact that you're in PPS, you really should have checked out the trophy list before starting the game up in the first place. You didn't, messed up, and now you're going to put your whole collection in jeopardy? Seems like a waste to me.

Move on and play something else.
    He's currently out of PPS atm for having more than 5 open games. Everything else though your right and I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I'm dumb, what the hell is PPS?
    Perfect Platinum Streak group.

Deathless Destroyer

If you want to spend your time flicking through software or do some unknown coding shit to your PS3 to have an image unlocked for you to go with your PSN/SEN/whatever-Sony-decides-to-call-their-network account go ahead, it's your loss.

Personally I believe that Sony implemented the trophy idea as a way to make you feel like you've achieved something, even though they're nothing more than images on a display. By hacking software to make it show that you "earned it" many hackers who did that would, firstly, most certainly not be proud of being awarded that "trophy" and secondly since you didn't actually achieve it you're basically given an image to go for publicity with your account.

A final note, I don't really care whether you want to proceed or not proceed with doing this, though know that there are consequences for being caught hacking which include having network privileges stripped (being ID banned from a website/network), being ineligible to join a group (PPS) and many others.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

arrghhargahragharahg

I don't believe in hacking. If I even hear a rumor the a server is shutting down, I will get on that game right away!!
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 7 - Gold

no dont hack i reall regret hackinh socom confrontation till this day

Cipher sent us to hell

Hmm, maybe I'm in the minority here but if you got every trophy possible and only left the unattainable ones locked then I would consider you to have 100%'d that game. Sure, the people who have a legit 100% are of a higher tier, but if you are missing a few percent because of trophies you can't get then I wouldn't count it against you (the lack of percentage, NOT a hack).

If you hacked it, it would do the opposite of what you're wanting. Just get what you can and you can say in good conscience you completed as much of the game as possible.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

PRO Member

Would you walk around with a first prize trophy for something you never competed in or actually accomplished, let the game sit there to be a reminder not everything in life is 100%

Digital Terror

...?

PRO Member

Don't. If you change your mind later in the future you can always do it. Maybe for whatever reason you can't plat other games, would you hack them all too? I think once you hack one you don't care hacking two, then three... and bye bye to your collection

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm new to the whole trophies thing BUT its my opinion that, if you didn't earn it. you shouldn't have it

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Although a lot of us here suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which is nothing to be proud of, do not hack the platinum.
    Hacking is for Losers. It's Not worth hacking one platinum and WASTING everything else on your account.

Favorite Plats: NGS2, NG3: RE
    Current Top 3 Favorite Series: BioShock, inFamous, Uncharted

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hacking trophies? Franklin D. Roosevelt's legs weren't even that lame.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Platicus View Post
    quit humping the PPS horse then, what are you trying to make a horse/human baby?
    grow up please and act your age, if you dont like the thread then move on. simple

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast