Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hacking an unobtainable platinum?

This is a discussion on Hacking an unobtainable platinum? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; You are in a bit of a predicament but just think about your collection as a whole. In my eyes, ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

You are in a bit of a predicament but just think about your collection as a whole. In my eyes, one hacked trophy invalidates the entire collection, no matter what the reasoning behind it. You will most likely regret it and you can never take it back.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

final decision im not hacking anything! i know in my own mind that i could plat TW10 while i'm asleep and with one hand on the controller

This is the first time ive ever thought of hackining anything, i dont really even boost much. I'd say 90% of my trophies are pure legit, no boosting what so ever. So with that in mind why hack something i know i could get easily and ruin my collection, decision made

Thanks to everyone who posted on here with constructive advice/tips and happy gaming to all

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Ultimately, it's your collection to do with what you want. Personally I don't think you should.

I'd like to see you back in PPS at some point. But, be warned before you do, rule #5 Absolutely ZERO tolerance for hacked games or using game saves. This is why the ones that you cannot get because of glitches or online shutdown do not count against your open 5.
    Think i'll grab that 3 time pps member later in the year pal

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MickyThomson View Post
    If you look at my trophies. I did not get tiger Woods 10 plat. All I had to do is complete play the pro's. I could have let my 6 year old play the round and still get the plat 100 + over par lol.

It does annoy you I know the feeling, I just put it down to the one that got away. I have just made sure my games I have now I get the online crap out the way.
    The decision is all your, I will not do it as it pisses me off people having several plats for the same bloody game. You've proved you can complete the game why get the same plat in jap or eu etc etc. The vita has opened a can of worm with this cross play bollocks. Ie sync to ps3 earn double trophies. LOL rant over. Tiger Woods 14 is coming out the end of March. Concentrate on plating that one I'll join you. Micky T
    yeah sure m8, i'll add you on psn

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ View Post
    If u want to hack it then hack it but if you care about what people think or will think then id suggest you dont because in the eyes of most 1 hack trophy will destroy credibility to an entire persons list. Id say just leave it be.
    _____
    Originally Posted by The Secret Societydamn i see so many sensitive people here, as for advice do what you want..you want that 100% on that game then do it
    if your worried about what people on this site would think of you even though they never met you in person then dont do it
    if your really interested in humping horses as platicus states then i got a number you can call

for future reference
    this site is religious about trophies so asking either to hack or not hack can catch you flames

"dont lose credibility..." - i like this comment a lot

I do gotta confess, even though it wasnt a hack-hack per-se, i did cheat on both Uncharted 2 and 3 by taking a game save file, finishing it up in hard mode to unlock the Crushing difficulty and then beat the game in one playthrough in crushing (yes, i almost vomited in both final boss battles in crushing bc of how nervous and difficult the fight was, but that's in the past and completed), but all trophies were earned by me. and if U4 comes out and it has the same crushing crap, most likely, i would do it again (i despise when difficulty based trophies, especially the ones that dont unlock unless you beat a certain difficulty like Yakuza series, Max payne 3, and uncharted) or those that don't stack difficulties and they make you play 20 times over and over (yakuza 4, EDF, etc), so if i can find a way to avoid that, im on it, unfortunately, Uncharted is the only game i have been able to do such trick...but not hacking the trophy without playing for it though.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Don't hack the game for one trophy. Hacking a game shows that you don't have any skills at all. Just leave that game and move on to a different game you can platinum.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Rangers F.C

Hack it if you want , the whole hacking thing is pointless to me but if you want them all done then you have no choice , its not your fault the online is down and its a victimless crime so fuck it .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunt83 View Post
    final decision im not hacking anything! i know in my own mind that i could plat TW10 while i'm asleep and with one hand on the controller

This is the first time ive ever thought of hackining anything, i dont really even boost much. I'd say 90% of my trophies are pure legit, no boosting what so ever. So with that in mind why hack something i know i could get easily and ruin my collection, decision made

Thanks to everyone who posted on here with constructive advice/tips and happy gaming to all
    Why are you guys even responding as he said is not hacking already

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Why are you guys even responding as he said is not hacking already
    Lol , only read the first and last post , it looked interesting
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

Agree with Omnislash, though I had to LOL at "Hacking a game shows that you don't have any skills at all." Because it totally shows you have no skills at all to want to get a Trophy that couldn't be gotten in any normal way no matter what skills you have. Riiiiight.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I guess ultimately it's your decision, but I personally would never hack a game just to get a platinum. It defeats the entire purpose of gaming, and pretty much labels you as someone who cares more about the trophies than the games themselves. I have several games that I never finished and got the platinum for, either because they bored me or glitched me out of the platinum (FC2 and Mercenaries 2 are prime examples). Does it bother me? Not one bit. It pissed me off in the case of the glitched ones, but I simply left it at that and moved on. I play because I love gaming. If I'm unable or unwilling to get a platinum in a particular game for whatever reason, then so be it.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bodigard View Post
    quit humping the PPS horse then, what are you trying to make a horse/human baby?
    why? lol why did this make me crack up?
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234