Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you have a "Forum Conscience"

This is a discussion on Do you have a "Forum Conscience" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by James_Page I don't post anything on the internet, no matter which forum it is, that I wouldn't ...

Currently Lurking only...

I'm obviously not going to tell you EXACTLY where I live, but it is somewhere in Canada, Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    I don't post anything on the internet, no matter which forum it is, that I wouldn't say to someones face.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    so those 260 posts are just there because? lol
    I think he meant to say that unless he can say it to their face, he won't post.
    "Yes, I see you, and no, I don't care." - GLaDOS - Portal 2
    "Friends! How dare you accuse me of having friends! I'll make you eat those words!" - Gig - Soul Nomad & The World Eaters.
    "Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume." Why? - Random TV in the office.
    Awesome avy done by stupot00.
    Awesome Sig by djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would say yes I do... As I don't like to make myself look stupid or give people the wrong impression about me

Galaxy beauty pirate

Not really. I like to joke around a bit and I can be sarcastic sometimes (not so much here though), but I never intend to hurt someone's feelings. And because my intentions are mostly good, I don't feel bad or guilty about anything I post. If someone has a problem with a post of mine, he/she can tell me and we can talk about it as grown ups. Not that that ever happened..

That said, I don't understand why people would even care about what others say on a forum/the internet in the first place. Some people should act like a dick more and harden the f*ck up.
    Sig by Ramon

Platinum Procrastinator

In person I'm probably the most sarcastic person you'll ever meet and most people say I'm a huge A-hole. However, I know these people really good so I can get away with it. Online, I'm quite the opposite as sarcasm is hard to detect and I don't come off as such as ass because I know how easily some people can get offended.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I always hesitate before posting anything( even this), Or I just end up not posting at all because I'm not sure how people will react to my comment.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I always type down my first reaction to a thread or post. Then, I delete it a type in something that makes more sense.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

Local Drunk

Rarely. I had a conscience once but it got drowned in alcohol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Forget I Was Ever Here

I would say I used to before I started becoming an active member in the forums and now I have come to know a little about some of the members here and as I try not to offend anyone it won't stop me from stating what I believe

the CHATBOX is a different story i go in there and barely ever say anything because those are mostly a new bunch of members i've never spoken to

It is time for me to go underground

Death is Awaiting....

I try to think before I post shit. But half the time I really don't care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I write exactly how i speak, well, not exactly, i take out the mumbling, ums, ers and some of the running off into the forest of changed subjects but close enough.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I guess I kind of do, as I tone down what I would normally say so that I can avoid getting suspended. If not for conduct rules, my posts would have a lot more swearwords and I'd be calling a few people f-tards, among other things. I'm often a dick, but it's usually meant in a light and joking way.

Regardless of forum conscience, some people have a forum reading disability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    so those 260 posts are just there because? lol

anyway im mostly a nice guy and post when i feel like
    i avoid alot of trophy threads because of the repetitive topics
    and alot here take trophies too serious
    im here to give help and get it
    Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    You just posted
    And for me,no,i don't have a forum conscience

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

INTJ

when you first go to a forum, you always judge what to post at first and constantly lurk so you don't accidentally piss off the wrong person and end up with a ban.

but once everyone knows you and have a few new friends on the board post whatever you think because you are essentially part of the community now.

i still lurk 4chan 24/7 for like 3 years now because im essentially afraid to post there.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i still lurk 4chan 24/7 for like 3 years now because im essentially afraid to post there.
    Really? Of all the people in here I figured you'd be the first one to post on 4Chan. You seem to me like a person who isn't afraid to speak his/her mind.
    Though I guess it depends on what board(s) you lurk. My brother frequents a lot of /v/ and others but he's an asshole.

Aaaanyway, Personally I try to always be honest with my forum posts. I can't people that can't respect other's ideas or that think their opinion is the only truth. I try to be as polite as possible and I avoid conflict that is off-topic on threads, since other people don't wanna see that (which is why it's so hard to have a respectful argument most of the time in the first place, especially on places like Youtube).

I don't know, I'm a pretty shy person "in real life" but I'm still as honest as I can be.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12