View Poll Results: What do you want ranked next?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top sidekicks

2 22.22%
  • Most heart-wrenching moments

7 77.78%

Rankings: Best and Worst Sequels This Generation

This is a discussion on Rankings: Best and Worst Sequels This Generation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; New set of rankings for you. Sequels are a very big part of gaming culture and history so here are ...

PRO Member

Rankings: Best and Worst Sequels This Generation

New set of rankings for you. Sequels are a very big part of gaming culture and history so here are the best and worst from this generation. As always, I would appreciate any and all feedback including if you have an idea for a set of rankings in the future. Thanks and hope you enjoy it.

The Rankings:

Toggle Spoiler

Here is the site where I found these rankings so you can see why the writer ranked them how they did:
    5 Best & 5 Worst Video Game Sequels Of This Generation

Previous Rankings:
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Bioshock 2 may not be like the first one but it's an awesome game and a good sequel

INTJ

fable 2 in the worst and not fable 3

mass effect 2 and borderlands 2 in the top 5 and not something like deus ex human revolution, alan wake american nightmare, Witcher 2, etc.

what am i reading

Deathless Destroyer

CRYSIS 2??? Wrong!!

On the other hand, I've only played SP so the MP could be terrible.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    CRYSIS 2??? Wrong!!

On the other hand, I've only played SP so the MP could be terrible.

Crysis 2 was a terrible sequel but standalone it was alright.

crysis 1 takes a crap all over it though, Singleplayer and multiplayer wise.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

mass effect 2 and borderlands 2 in the top 5 and not something like deus ex human revolution, alan wake american nightmare, Witcher 2, etc.

what am i reading
    In the words of Tong from Deus Ex HR, "You've got it backwards boy!"

Deus Ex: HR was one of the best games released this gen. However, the AI is quite appalling, but that doesn't take out much from the overall experience.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lord of all Goat-Men

The author of this list plays it pretty fast and loose with the terms 'Best' and 'Worst'. What they really seem to mean is "Games sequels that were better or worse than the preceeding title." Otherwise, surely they can't justify having Crysis 2 or Bioshock 2 in the 'Worst' category.

Sure, both Bioshock and Crysis were better games in comparison, but neither of their sequels were by any means 'bad' games.

Resident Evil 6 is not on the 'worst' list, so basically the list is a joke.

Also, Red Dead: Redemption is not a sequel, it's a spiritual successor. It is not a continuation of the story, nor is it based in the same universe. The only thing similar is the setting, and the theme of revenge. To call it a sequel would be to call Heavy Rain a sequel to Indigo Prophesy, or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance a sequel to X-Men: Legends.

Dead Space 2 should also be on the 'worst' list.

Dawn of War 2 was a fantastic sequel. So was Far Cry 3.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wouldn't say BioShock 2 is one of the worst sequels, but I guess it works from a "compared to the previous game" standpoint.
    In that case I'd say Mass Effect 2 is one of the worst sequels, removed almost every single option for customization and the game's plot barely advances the overall story.
    And even though it's not a direct sequel or on the list, to me Dark Souls is so much inferior than Demon's Souls.

I can't believe Final Fantasy XIII-2 isn't on the list, it's a fantastic sequel in my opinion, it fixed most mistakes made with XIII yet people still complained.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Dragon Age 2 was definitely a terrible sequel. Borderlands was a pretty good sequel and Assassin's Creed 2 is definitely the best of what I have played. Fairly good list this time lol.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I would have liked to have seen Infamous 2 on the "Best" section. I think it flowed from the original into the sequel well and gave us a new setting that was different from the cirst in regards of how everything was affected.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

what am i reading
    I agree with this, I actually quite enjoyed Fable 2, F3 sucked big time & yes why wasn't DXHR in the best list or RDR which is technically a sequel from Red Dead Revolver
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I can't believe Final Fantasy XIII-2 isn't on the list, it's a fantastic sequel in my opinion, it fixed most mistakes made with XIII yet people still complained.
    Anyone who became a FF fan around VII will never be happy with the new shit they bring out. I liked FFXIII-2 but I loved FFVII.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles