Should I start over?

This is a discussion on Should I start over? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Recently I've been moving from one game to another by getting the Plat's, whereas before I never bothered with the ...

Angel of Death

Should I start over?

Recently I've been moving from one game to another by getting the Plat's, whereas before I never bothered with the trophies. I regret that because now I don't have anywhere near 100%. So I was wondering if I should start a new 100% account, or stick to this one. I'm undecided because I have Plat's on here that I don't feel like going for again because 1) they took awhile, and/or 2) they were difficult.

DON'T BLINK

Why not just go back and clean up your non 100% instead of just starting anew?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Why not just go back and clean up your non 100% instead of just starting anew?
    I agree with this sentiment. Clean up what you have instead of starting over. You may not have everything at 100% but all the time you already put in, plus having to get some that were a pain, isn't worth starting over for.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Erase the game files of the games you want to plat, better to start the games over then a new account

Venire, Videre, Vince

Lots of member s have started over to achieve the 100% on their new acct.

You decide what to do, as you will always get mixed responses from fellow members as this question is asked a lot.

The main reason people start over is to be at 100%completion. Is that your main goal/reason?

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Winter Is Coming

I'm in the same position as you with my trophy collection. I've often thought about starting over myself as I have quite a few games on my list that can't be platted now but i've decided to just get as close as I can on all my games instead as there are a few plats I have no desire to do all over again

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    I'm in the same position as you with my trophy collection. I've often thought about starting over myself as I have quite a few games on my list that can't be platted now but i've decided to just get as close as I can on all my games instead as there are a few plats I have no desire to do all over again
    exactly as scrunch says…well put

It is time for me to go underground

Lord of all Goat-Men

As someone who has just started over for that very reason, I can tell you it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

Looking at your list, a bunch of the games you've already platinumed would require multiple playthroughs, or at least 50+ hours to re-platinum, so unless you're keen to revisit those games, I'd clean up the account you have already.

That said, a new account is a great excuse to revisit old games, and having 100% completion is nice

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I would probably keep what you already have and try your best to clean it up if it bothers you that much. I wouldn't throw away what you have since you have invested so much time in a great collection. I can appreciate where your coming from though. It would be great to have a 100% collection but just do whatever makes you happy and have fun while doing it

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

VitaUnlocked

I would say stick with the account you have. 100% would be nice but is it worth platting everything again? I don't think so.

illegal in 9 countries

No-one and I mean NO-ONE gives a shit about your trophy card or completion rate but you.

I enjoy collecting trophies and I admit that I'd like a completionist account but seriously, fuck that. I'm happy playing what I'm playing with the limited time I have to do it and I'm not starting over. Gaming's meant to be fun, not some anal-retentive quest for 100% completion.

That seems more like work than fun to me and you'll miss out on some great games because a) the is too hard or b) the game has no trophies or c) the game has sucky trophy requirements (100 collectibles, 10K kills etc) or d) has closed servers or a dead online community.

So you end up cherry-picking games that you know you can finish, or play only easy games to rack up trophy numbers. A select few guys like Eburkulosis and Omnislash have 100% (or close to) accounts and regularly bang out hard or rare Plats. They get my respect, but I think about it for less than a second, then I move on because it makes no difference to my gaming enjoyment.

Find a name you like, play what you want how you want, and focus your time & energy on more important things in life. I use gaming as a way to relax and connect with my kids. I use trophies to keep track of the games I want to finish and as a log of my gaming journey. The rest is piss in the wind.

Where The Wind Blows

Speaking of piss in the wind... opinions. None of them matter more than yours. I can tell you that going for 100% doesn't have to be a show of avoiding games just because they have troublesome trophies (that's what alt accounts are for anyways), nor does it have to be stressful. I started a new 100% account after 15 plats on my old one (although thanks to LBP2 it's now only a 100% PS3 Trophies account) and have never regretted it or felt bothered by it. I replayed the games I found worth replatting, avoided replatting ones I wouldn't, and added new ones as I pleased. And if I have doubts I'll like a game enough to 100% it, I play a few hours on an alt til' I make up my mind.

So, be aware that there's no definite result to be found from starting over. You might hate it, you might love it, it might stress you out or it might be tons of fun. You just have to look at what you enjoy in gaming and guess how you'll feel.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

> Restart Button <

It's really up to you but I totally understand why you ask this. I don't think a perfect account is really a good reason to start from scratch IMO. If you can, go back and clean up your list as much as possible. Sure, their will be some holes but are you completly perfect?

I have though of doing this before but for a fresh start. Some games I genuinelly enjoyed grabbing the trophies for and would do it again. That's a fun reason to do it but I would just have my main account and then an account to regrab favorite trophies/games on.

Trust me, I want so many games off my list but I started them so they belong.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Angel of Death

Thanks guys. The reason why I was even thinking it is because I have 180 games on my list, some of which is shit, and I don't want to go back to again. I'm going to keep this account. Some of my Plats did take awhile (FF XIII) or were a complete bitch (Dead Space 2).

Lvl 4 - Silver

Instead of taking the easy way out and starting a new account, why don't you play some of those games that are sitting at 0%? Enjoy your games and forget about the trophies (unless you're enjoying it and its worth the platinum). Before PS3 they didn't exist, and it was much better that way.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Voltergeist View Post
    Speaking of piss in the wind... opinions. None of them matter more than yours.
    He's asking for our opinions. We all have different opinions. We can all justify those different opinions. That's kinda the point of forums champ.

I also agree with the rest of your post. See that? It's called respecting someone else's opinion. Try it. It's good for you.

As I said, play what you want how you want...whether that's casual or completionist, it doesn't matter to anyone else but you.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    He's asking for our opinions. We all have different opinions. We can all justify those different opinions. That's kinda the point of forums champ.

I also agree with the rest of your post. See that? It's called respecting someone else's opinion. Try it. It's good for you.
    You can still respect a person's opinion, AND not have it mean anything to you. You both are correct - plenty of people on here have given good advice, but he still doesn't need to accept/listen to any of it. The key was "matter MORE than yours" - ultimately, it's his decision.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    You can still respect a person's opinion, AND not have it mean anything to you. You both are correct - plenty of people on here have given good advice, but he still doesn't need to accept/listen to any of it. The key was "matter MORE than yours" - ultimately, it's his decision.
    Absolutely agree. It doesn't matter why or how we collect trophies, we all do it for different reasons. We can be swayed by the opinion of others, but ultimately it's in your own hands.

Equally, we all have different perspectives on life and shouldn't be afraid to share those opinions on forums.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-18-2013 at 11:48 PM.