I have a huge question?

This is a discussion on I have a huge question? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok so i bought a new ps3 yesterday, the question i have can i earn trophies still if i decide ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a huge question?

Ok so i bought a new ps3 yesterday, the question i have can i earn trophies still if i decide to play on both systems like for instance i put the old one in my living room so if i feel like playing in my living room and not my bedroom will i still be able to earn trophies on both system if i transfer the save files using the ps cloud feature?!

Death is Awaiting....

Yeah. Just sync your trophies before you turn off either system. So they're synced to your account for the other PS3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    Yeah. Just sync your trophies before you turn off either system. So they're synced to your account for the other PS3.
    thanks and will it work if i transfer it using a usb as well?
    and what if i forget to sync before i turn off?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by KHGAMER55 View Post
    thanks and will it work if i transfer it using a usb as well?
    and what if i forget to sync before i turn off?
    You can't transfer trophies via USB for they are time stamped onto the system. Meaning once their update on the network, they're there for good. And, if you don't sync before you turn the system off it's fine, as they're still earned. Once you've earned a trophy, just go look at your trophies and they will start to sync on the network.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    You can't transfer trophies via USB for they are time stamped onto the system. Meaning once their update on the network, they're there for good. And, if you don't sync before you turn the system off it's fine, as they're still earned. Once you've earned a trophy, just go look at your trophies and they will start to sync on the network.
    no i know that i cant transfer trophies i meant if i transfer my save with a flashdrive instead of the ps cloud feature will i still be able to earn trophies on another system

Plats-O'-War!!

no i know that i cant transfer trophies i meant if i transfer my save with a flashdrive instead of the ps cloud feature will i still be able to earn trophies on another system
    I don't think so. I've tried to use my MW2 save on my brother's PS3 when mine YLOD, and I got all 69 stars for Spec Ops, but the trophy didn't pop, instead I got a "You did not earn a trophy" message. This is just an example btw.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

why dont you try it yourself? it shouldnt take more than 2 minutes instead of waiting an hour for a reply
    give it a shot
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

I have also noticed that if you don't have a save for paticular game you will earn trophies that you already earned.

Ezample. I got a second ps3 last month and played FF13 on it. After getting through the first section the first trophy popped and I was wondering why. It had been 2 years since I had played it and I didn't have a save for it. what I had to do is play it again on my original ps3 and make a save for it then transfer it to my new one through the cloud and then I could play it without trophies I had previously earned popping.

In short make sure you have a save for the game you are playing on your new system.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

PRO Member

Just do it through cloud its easier to transfer your saves to your new PS3 thatt way. Using a USB thumb drive you could possibly run into some locked saves or whatever they are called but whatever you wanna do.