Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS3 Digital Purchases will NOT Carry Over to PS4

This is a discussion on PS3 Digital Purchases will NOT Carry Over to PS4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Tyrion619 PS4 won't be backwards compatible with retail discs either. I know but still. Originally Posted by ...

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    PS4 won't be backwards compatible with retail discs either.
    I know but still.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    Tell me about it, I have appx 100 games I've downloaded and haven't to most of them yet.
    Shit, better get playing then mate lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Fortunately most of them are psn games and not very long. But I do have several full PS3 games on there and some HD collections of old games.

Saints Row IV

Guys it is the PS4,it sounds normal.No PS3 stuff on the PS4
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Guys it is the PS4,it sounds normal.No PS3 stuff on the PS4
    Suppose it doesn't really matter considering I will not be getting rid of my PS3 just cause I get a PS4. My kids will just have thier own PS3's is all.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

considering this is the 3rd PS3 ive had to buy because of YLOD/RLOD , i wont be in any rush to get a PS4 anytime soon.
    plus when i do, i'll have a nice display of all the generations,all in a row,lol PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Storm in a teacup, digital makes no difference as you need a ps3 either way. I'm sure they will sort something out if you ever do get ps3 games on ps4. I am not worried about it. I am sure by the time this is an issue I won't care less anyway, old games become redundant.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

just because ps4 coming out im not willing to give my ps3 away i brought ps3 like 2 years after release and still had my ps2 only to give it away to my cousins a year ago as i never really played ps2 much , but i actually intend to still play ps3 and keep it also dont plan on buying ps4 anytime soon after release even with the launch games ive already got way to many games on my gaming pc

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What I don't seem to understand is if the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, why would it still be able to play downloaded PS3 games? The hardware is different, not the disc drive. Wouldn't they still need an emulator anyways to play anything PS3?

EDIT: And just thinking about it, how long after the PS4 will Sony stop supporting the PS3 Download servers? What happens if you need to download something you bought, you wouldn't be able to. I have always feared that, and I have never bought and digital downloads.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Bantri View Post
    How long after the PS4 will Sony stop supporting the PS3 Download servers? What happens if you need to download something you bought, you wouldn't be able to. I have always feared that, and I have never bought and digital downloads.
    The network will stay the same.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bantri View Post
    What I don't seem to understand is if the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, why would it still be able to play downloaded PS3 games? The hardware is different, not the disc drive. Wouldn't they still need an emulator anyways to play anything PS3?
    The PS4's backward compatibility is via Gaikai, so essentially a remote system is running the game, you stream your button presses, and the server streams back the results...cloud computing. This avoids the PS4 having to actually run a PS1/PS2/PS3 game. The same idea is how they'll also achieve the Vita 'running' PS4 games - your PS4 will run the game, and stream the video feedback to your Vita.

What people would like is for their PSN purchases to be acknowledged with the new system, so they could stream them via Gaikai, instead of installing them locally. Yet from what they're saying, that's not going to happen.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

This is a non-issue for me. Like others, I hardly play PSN games, get games on disc or am done with them after a playthrough
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Makes sense. Though I stand 100% against streaming a playable games like that. It annoys me that the reason the PS4 won't be backwards compatible is JUST so they can make money off selling PS3 games again and using this streaming service. I know they could have found a way to make the new system play PS3 games. I am completely scared to see what happens when we find out what will happen with used games. The PS Vita already blocks trophies from being earned, who knows how far they will take it with games for this.

Lvl 6 - Silver

keeping my PS3 too anyway, so doesn't even faze me.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Where there's a will there's a way!

So don't fret since its to early to know, seems like the boy who cried wolf!

Stay tuned folks for more info should be coming down the pipelines!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

PRO Member

Now this is some bull shit. I know they want you to buy the "latest and greatest" to play your games, but the digital copies should transfer over without any issues. This is stupid...I completely agree with DJ on this that if they are going to keep pushing this digital garbage, then they need to figure this shit out or they will fall hard.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Rangers F.C

Not much of a shock , would like to be pissed but don't really have much downloaded , plus like El Jefe said I don't really care too much for older games , if you want to show a response to it though you should not download anything this time round
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Everyone in this thread makes it sound like once PS4 releases they are gonna use their PS3 as a paperweight. Just because you can't put your shit on the PS4 doesnt mean it can't stay on your PS3. Its not like your being forced to get rid of the PS3.

just play the PS4 when you want to play a PS4 game and plug in your PS3 when you want to play your downloaded shit.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Everyone in this thread makes it sound like once PS4 releases they are gonna use their PS3 as a paperweight. Just because you can't put your shit on the PS4 doesnt mean it can't stay on your PS3. Its not like your being forced to get rid of the PS3.

just play the PS4 when you want to play a PS4 game and plug in your PS3 when you want to play your downloaded shit.
    That's great, until you PS3 stops working, which they're kind of prone to do. I'm not sure how you can take better care of a system than I do, and my first one didn't even make it two years.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    That's great, until you PS3 stops working, which they're kind of prone to do. I'm not sure how you can take better care of a system than I do, and my first one didn't even make it two years.
    Maybe Broken's PS3 is a slim. I had my slim for 3 years and it's still going strong.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Mine was also a slim.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast