Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PS3 Digital Purchases will NOT Carry Over to PS4

This is a discussion on PS3 Digital Purchases will NOT Carry Over to PS4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is bullshit, and a large reason why I will never purchase DLC and/or digital releases of games available on ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

PS3 Digital Purchases will NOT Carry Over to PS4

This is bullshit, and a large reason why I will never purchase DLC and/or digital releases of games available on disc. Once you buy a game, you should own it forever. I hate the future of console gaming. At least with a computer, you can always make a backup of whatever you download.

PSN Purchases Will Not Carry Over to PlayStation 4 | EGMNOW

Sony has confirmed that purchases made on the PlayStation 3 will not carry over to the PlayStation 4 once it launches.
    Shuhei Yoshida revealed that the insides of the PlayStation 4 are just too different to the PlayStation 3 to support any sort of crossover, and also that Sony wishes to avoid using up the systemís power with emulation software.
    Of course thanks to Gaikai and the PlayStation Cloud the PlayStation 4 will be able to play PlayStation 3 games and other older titles.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 4 - Silver

Of course thanks to Gaikai and the PlayStation Cloud the PlayStation 4 will be able to play
    PlayStation 3games
    and other older titles.

Does this mean that they want us to rebuy everything we had on the ps3 and that's the only way we can play older titles as opposed to just using the same psn we had on ps3 to get our older games?

PRO Member

Hmmm someone with any ambition wanna start a petition for them to grandfather PSN PS3 licence rights over to Gaikai? I would do it, yet I sort of don't care enough...lol (wouldn't mind signing one, yet not creating/managing one).

I never bought anything on PSN thinking it would carry over. If they eventually make it possible once they stop selling PS3's, then sure, that'd be nice of them, yet there's nothing in the purchase agreement to suggest they need to.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

meh usually once im done with a psn game i dont ever play it anymore. as long as my plus subscription carries over im fine

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    meh usually once im done with a psn game i dont ever play it anymore. as long as my plus subscription carries over im fine
    this is exactly how I feel

The One and Only

Aww, why not Sony?

Like I said, I probably won't get a PS4 until a couple years later at soonest, so I'm not worried about it, not yet at least.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

So what happens to the PS3 when the PS4 comes out? Is it completely useless? Perhaps it might blow up or something!

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Aww, why not Sony?

Like I said, I probably won't get a PS4 until a couple years later at soonest, so I'm not worried about it, not yet at least.
    ECHOECHoEChoEchoecho... I feel the same way. I think I'm at that stage in my life where I don't need the next new hotness the second it hits shelves. I love my ps3. There are literally dozens of games that could keep my occupied for another three generations.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Looks like I'm buying the disk for any older titles I want.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That's cool Sony I wasn't planning on buying the PS4 yet...

---

Lvl 9 - Gold

ps4 sounds like its gunna RAPE the gaming community, the only plus i see is the visuals/sound. As iv said tho i wiont be getting one untill ps3 is dead.

Kid, not loser

Can't they just see purchase history then allow you to stream those games over using Gaikai. It really just hurts the consumer, and really hurts them as well because it just makes it much harder for people to cross over from PS3 to 4.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Can't they just see purchase history then allow you to stream those games over using Gaikai. It really just hurts the consumer, and really hurts them as well because it just makes it much harder for people to cross over from PS3 to 4.
    I agree, i'm also hoping for a solution where you put your disc based ps3 game into the ps4 and it recognizes the title and streams it from their server.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Negator

Well, that's an ass-fuck. :stare:

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Once I play every ps3 game I have and want then I will move on to ps4
    this is why I don't support buying digital games that are on disc
    Physical= keeping a game til the end of time or until it breaks
    Digital= keeping a game til it's no longer supported and you realize the value you paid goes to 0
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

The only big games i have in digital form were free to begin with so no loss there and i thought you bought a new console to play new games anyway? Keep your PS3 if it bothers you that much.
    Still, i think this is merely half the story, whose to say your previous purchases aren't recognised and streamable? Plus will surely carry over like it does with Vita so it seems to be that this cloud streaming will be a big part of Plus on PS4. Lets wait to hear a bit more about it before declaring War.

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    The only big games i have in digital form were free to begin with so no loss there and i thought you bought a new console to play new games anyway? Keep your PS3 if it bothers you that much. Still, i think this is merely half the story, whose to say your previous purchases aren't recognised and streamable? Plus will surely carry over like it does with Vita so it seems to be that this cloud streaming will be a big part of Plus on PS4. Lets wait to hear a bit more about it before declaring War.
    I agree. To early to say "The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling"
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

You guys wanna know the solution? Don't sell your PS3
    Come on, playing games from older consoles is good but the PS3 and PS4 are completely different, I bet that it won't play disc based PS3 games just because they don't feel like it, it won't do so because both machines play differently, so it affects both disc and digital releases

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I've already seen that one coming, which is why gather a large collection of digital on a console. Console = trapped in a box.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I didn't really expect it to be backwards compatible, it doesn't make any sense and it isn't cost effective for them or us. Just keep the PS3 you have and finish the games you want to play on it. Just because a new system is out doesn't make the old irrelevant or even unsupported (for a time). I will be picking up a PS4 as soon as I can and I intend to keep both of the PS3s that I have. As long as my PSN ID and + membership carry over I will be happy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast