Feminazis force sony to do something cool: G.I.R.L. Scholarship Program announced

This is a discussion on Feminazis force sony to do something cool: G.I.R.L. Scholarship Program announced within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony Online Entertainment Is Now Accepting Apps for G.I.R.L. Scholarship - News - www.GameInformer.com Sony Online Entertainment is announcing that ...

INTJ

Feminazis force sony to do something cool: G.I.R.L. Scholarship Program announced

Sony Online Entertainment Is Now Accepting Apps for G.I.R.L. Scholarship - News - www.GameInformer.com

Sony Online Entertainment is announcing that its scholarship program, Gamers In Real Life (G.I.R.L.), is officially accepting applications for its Game Design Competition.

The purpose of the G.I.R.L. Scholarship Program is to inspire women across the world to get involved in the gaming industry and open doors for those going into creative and applied arts.

One chosen winner from the G.I.R.L. Game Design Competition will win a $10,000 scholarship to put towards college funding. Winners also get to experience a 10-week paid internship with Sony Online Entertainment in San Diego.

"At SOE, we believe that diversity is one of our keys to success and it is truly woven into the fabric of who we are as a company," says Laura Naviaux, Senior Vice President of Global Sales & Marketing at Sony Online Entertainment. "We want to help make the games industry even that much more approachable and our goal with the G.I.R.L. Scholarship is to provide an easy way to usher even more women into the industry."

So i guess this is the proper response to "Why there were no girls on the ps4 announcement stage"

DON'T BLINK

SOE =/= SCE or whatever acronym Sony is using for their Playstation division.

SOE does online gaming (ie EQ2, Planetside etc) And they have done this for several years. Not sure why Game Informer is just now picking up on this.

Lord of all Goat-Men

In all honesty, I really don't think anyone took those Feministas seriously. Everyone that made an appearance at that company was in a leadership role, be it CEO or Game Director - areas that women are underrepresented in across all industries, not just gaming (women occupy 4.2% of CEO positions in the Fortune 1000).

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think women are already involved in the gaming industry, but this scholship program sounds like a good idea.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    In all honesty, I really don't think anyone took those Feministas seriously. Everyone that made an appearance at that company was in a leadership role, be it CEO or Game Director - areas that women are underrepresented in across all industries, not just gaming (women occupy 4.2% of CEO positions in the Fortune 1000).
    the reason all of the people on stage were men is because they were people who have been in the industry for years thus are famous and experienced.

There really hasn't been a famous woman game dev as famous as people like Peter Moleyneux or hideo kojima.

Lvl 7 - Gold

This is kind of lame. Nobody should ever be rewarded for WHAT they are. They should be rewarded for WHO they are. Be they a man, woman, or a mix of each at birth, that should not set them up for special treatment. Giving special treatment to any group, females in this case, is ruining the fight for equality, because it's an attempt to tip the scales in one groups favor.

Maybe I'm naive or want to live in a perfect world where race and gender don't matter, but I think the majority of modern affirmative action has become the thing the movements were started to fight against.

Let's not forget this is a pure numbers game. There are more men who set out to be in this field than women. Hell, there are more male gamers than females. While more women are choosing to enter this industry, those at the top are males because they've been there a long time (as PS360 mentioned).

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE