We Need a New Gen. of Game Reviewers & Here's Why!

This is a discussion on We Need a New Gen. of Game Reviewers & Here's Why! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I wrote this bc I almost didnt get Metal Gear Rising & didn't plan on gettin Crysis3 bc Crysis 2 ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

We Need a New Gen. of Game Reviewers & Here's Why!

I wrote this bc I almost didnt get Metal Gear Rising & didn't plan on gettin Crysis3 bc Crysis 2 was weak IMO, but good Gawd Man that woulda been a mistake bc MGR is EPIC & Crysis is getting 8.2 to 9 ratings on the mssg boards. So I think We need a new crop of game reviewers in the gaming world bc this current crop has been around too long. Their obviously jaded with the games of today because they play games Day after day after day! Sounds fun but that would get old. A game genre their tired with bc they've played so many could be new to us or its not new but we wanna play it again bc we havnt played it 9 times like they have.
    When they rate Metal Gear Rising an 8 & Crysis 3 a 7.5, smthngs wrong. Those games blow regular Games out of the water but get average ratings? Tagging a game w/ the "7" rating should mean something. The 7 rating is reserved for average games, not for good games that they don't think are good enough bc their playing it on NORMAL difficulty(which in our world of Multiplayer is just plain to easy). And let's face it these Game reviewers tastes are soured. Playing games all day & then Rating them would get old to me to! It'd be liked eating chocolate everyday for a month & then attempting to rate a fresh Brand of chocolate, you'd get sick! Which Is understandable & all the more reason this current crop of reviewers needs to be retired for a couple years.

Can't just be me, do u guys agree?

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by MEISTRO-Shine View Post
    I wrote this bc I almost didnt get Metal Gear Rising & didn't plan on gettin Crysis3 bc Crysis 2 was weak IMO, but good Gawd Man that woulda been a mistake bc MGR is EPIC & Crysis is getting 8.2 to 9 ratings on the mssg boards. So I think We need a new crop of game reviewers in the gaming world bc this current crop has been around too long. Their obviously jaded with the games of today because they play games Day after day after day! Sounds fun but that would get old. A game genre their tired with bc they've played so many could be new to us or its not new but we wanna play it again bc we havnt played it 9 times like they have.
    When they rate Metal Gear Rising an 8 & Crysis 3 a 7.5, smthngs wrong. Those games blow regular Games out of the water but get average ratings? Tagging a game w/ the "7" rating should mean something. The 7 rating is reserved for average games, not for good games that they don't think are good enough bc their playing it on NORMAL difficulty(which in our world of Multiplayer is just plain to easy). And let's face it these Game reviewers tastes are soured. Playing games all day & then Rating them would get old to me to! It'd be liked eating chocolate everyday for a month & then attempting to rate a fresh Brand of chocolate, you'd get sick! Which Is understandable & all the more reason this current crop of reviewers needs to be retired for a couple years.

Can't just be me, do u guys agree?
    inb4

" Its all a matter of Opinion "

Check Those Corners

How about this:

You should understand they are getting paid to play video games and rate them out of 10 (or whatever), and that companies most of the time thrive on reviewers because they can make or break sales sometimes. Ever hear "Imma wait till I see a review first"? Well, that proves why reviewers are not going to "retire" for a couple of years, just because somebody on the internet complains about the reviews.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    " Its all a matter of Opinion "
    /thread

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

No they could take a break for a year. I would do it & the owners of these websites could have a policy of nobody going longer than 1yr of reviewing games. After that year they get put on a diff task & let someone else review games for a year. Once the yr is over they review games again; kinda like a turn style to keep their reviewing senses fresh!

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by MEISTRO-Shine View Post
    No they could take a break for a year. I would do it & the owners of these websites could have a policy of nobody going longer than 1yr of reviewing games. After that year they get put on a diff task & let someone else review games for a year. Once the yr is over they review games again; kinda like a turn style to keep their reviewing senses fresh!

Yeah what about the matter of credibility?

After that year they get put on a diff task & let someone else review games for a year.
    It doesn't matter,it will not change the opinion they have on that certain game,because much like you and I they're gamers and they'll still get to play the games nothing is stopping them from do it.

If I think Super Mario World is a 9 it will always be that way.

If Kertwat thinks Dead Space 3 is a 9 it will always be that way.

If Helyx thinks Dungeon Defenders is the best game this gen it will always be that way.

Reviewers or not.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Lol...
    You realise that a 6 is still considered worth playing, right?
    Scores aren't just awarded because you think the game is fun. MGR didn't get an 8 or a 9 because, while it may be fun, it's short as hell and it's story is weak - it certainly doesn't deserve to be placed alongside Uncharted, GTA: San Andreas, or Resident Evil 4.
    It's like saying that you shouldn't watch a movie that isn't at least oscar-nominated - the 8-10 bracket is reserved for the best of the best.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Actually, I think reviews are good the way they are (even though people now think that a 7.5 is a BAD rating...which is not).
    However, I'm glad there are people like Maximilian that do reviews like this:

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

VitaUnlocked

I agree, sometimes reviewers get it wrong but if you stick to established sites like IGN and GamesRadar you will be fine.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Game reviews are like when you visit the doc, its best to always get a second, or third opinion.

So if you like a game then check out the reviews from different sources.

Finally if you don't like your doc, change to a different one just like a review you don't agree go elsewhere! Just saying

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

PRO Member

I never ever read reviews, be it games, music, movies... I do check out things before I buy them of course but I know what I'm gonna enjoy or not, I don't need or care about some reviewer's opinion

INTJ

we need new game journalists with integrity.

otherwise we will have DEWXP DORITOS fests all over the fucking place.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    we need new game journalists with integrity.

otherwise we will have DEWXP DORITOS fests all over the fucking place.

That only happens in America as far as I know, though.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    That only happens in America as far as I know, though.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...el-complaints/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...off-the-rails/

Erik Kain is the only "Games Journalist" I know that has actual integrity and is intelligent. Since he has the ability to talk on a site that isn't funded by video game ads he can't simply be booted off because of a opposing opinion towards the industry (On any other gaming site, you would be booted off for saying Kayne and lynch sucks when your whole entire site is lableled with ads for it. That happened.)

He's actually so good at his job that the rest of the game journalists want to literally take him down any chance they get. it's like a retarded drama movie.

I already seen the twitter fights he has between Penny Arcade Report's Ben Kuchera (Where he claimed Erik kain supported piracy when he linked a SNES emulator a freeware game to play it on that decided to no longer become freeware and require $60 to play) and Destructoid's Jim Sterling (http://i44.tinypic.com/zk27fq.jpg ). Escapist magazine wants a piece of him too. Anytime he gets the upper hand game journalists go berserk. i wish i was making this shit up.

They are doing that because they are afraid of him changing the status quo or Inspiring new people to step up and do exactly what he's doing, critical thinking.

god bless forbes and erik kain for being the last bastion of sanity in gaming journalism. (polygon too, but they are hit and miss recently)

seriously read the guy's shit, he knows his stuff:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/