PS vita price drop

This is a discussion on PS vita price drop within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just been looking on the Internet, trying to find out if the ps vita will be coming down in price ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PS vita price drop

Just been looking on the Internet, trying to find out if the ps vita will be coming down in price here is what I found.
    This was found on the BBC news website sites uk
    Here's the link
    BBC News - Sony cuts PS Vita price in Japan ahead of PlayStation event

[top]Sony cuts PS Vita price in Japan ahead of PlayStation event

The PS Vita may link up with the new PlayStation 4 console
    Continue reading the main story

[top]Related Stories

Sony's handheld console the PlayStation Vita is set for a price drop - ahead of the widely-rumoured launch of a new PlayStation console.
    Both the wi-fi and 3G model of the PS Vita will retail in Japan for 19,980 yen (£139).
    Sony has not yet said if the price drop will come into effect in other countries, but a major PlayStation event is to be held on Wednesday.
    PS Vita sales have been at the "low end" of expectations, Sony has said.
    The price change will come into force from the 28 February. Until the announcement, the wi-fi-only version had retailed at 24,980 yen (£172), while the 3G model cost 29,980 yen (£207).
    The PS Vita's new price brings it in line with Nintendo's 3DS XL handheld.
    The 3DS has sold more units worldwide than the PS Vita, but has been considerably cheaper for some time.
    Console warAnalysts say both handhelds are struggling in a market that has somewhat thwarted by many casual gamers playing games on smartphones rather than dedicated devices.
    The PS Vita's high price point was also heavily criticised by gamers. In November last year, the PS Vita was reported to have sold even fewer units than its predecessor, the Playstation Portable (PSP).
    Speculation about the PS Vita's future includes its potential role as a peripheral for the PS4 - similar to the controller system used by Nintendo's latest console, the WiiU.
    If Sony does indeed launch the PS4 on Wednesday, it will mean Sony has something of a head start against its main console rival, Xbox.
    Unlike in 2005, when the Xbox 360 stole a march on the PS3 by launching a year before its rival, roles will be reversed this time around with the Sony console likely to hit shelves first.'

Lord of all Goat-Men

It's already been confirmed by Sony that the PS Vita's price drop will be for Japan only, though they hinted that they will reconsinder on a region by region basis.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hear the sales on Ps vita are bad and I think dropping price could change things.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think the pricing for a PS vita are stupidly high, especially when you can buy a new ps3 for around the same price. Not only that the Nintendo ds are more affordable for parents to buy there kids.
    Don't get me wrong there are a lot more things you can do on the ps vita. But over priced console and the game are overpriced unless you get pre owned. I'll hold off buying one for my son for now.

VitaUnlocked

Shouldn't this be in the vita discussion thread?

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I might consider buying a vita if there was a price drop but I know games just won't appeal to me as a home console
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

VitaUnlocked

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I might consider buying a vita if there was a price drop but I know games just won't appeal to me as a home console
    Vitas are great. It does appeal as a home console. Good quality games such as Uncharted and Gravity Rush.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I want a vita but i dont want pay it for that price, i remember paying PSP for $300 with good games that came out for it

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by spanishstoat View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the vita discussion thread?
    I hear what your saying, but there are 2 reason it's not:
    1) if you goto the ps vita part you already have one, that and you don't want to hear about a price drop
    2) I have not got one so only look in ps3, it would just get lost in the amount of threads there so would not benefit anyone.
    Cheers Micky T

Venire, Videre, Vince

A good read I may say!

If price drops, then it could interest me

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Español

Lvl 3 - Bronze

please price-drop the Vita in the UK , i sold my Vita but i want to buy one again lol

Sig by: djunglist