Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

58% of US Adults surveyed think video games lead to violence...

This is a discussion on 58% of US Adults surveyed think video games lead to violence... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; 58% of adults don't play video games......

Angel of Death

58% of adults don't play video games...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by LikeAbozs View Post
    It's true though, i just got done playing 3hrs of a violent FPS, afterwards i tore the shit outta a beef and bean burrito and destroyed a cherry coke.

Hahaha! Very brave to openly admit to murder!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sounds like 58% of adult Americans need a beating.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

-_-

..that is all.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

58% of US adults need to know that some time TV shows and movies can lead to violence.

Fight the Future

I love the fact that people in this thread are saying 58% of American adults are idiots, but somehow don't realize that it's 58% of the people in this particular study who think this way, which is no where near the whole population of America.

Game on....

58% of US adults probably think a lot of stupid stuff. It doesn't make it right however!

PRO Member

» Conditioning? Xbox Poll Shows Overwhelming Gamer Support for “More” Drone Strikes Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Regardless if people are gamers or not, people are just retarded. If they remove all violent forms of creative media, you're left with real news where we kill thousands everyday over resources. How about they tackle that instead of fiction?
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    58% of US adults probably think a lot of stupid stuff. It doesn't make it right however!
    I still think 58% or more of all US adults are idiots, regardless of the results of this study.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

“Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of all people know that.”

PRO Member

A new poll says that 58 percent of adult Americans do believe that playing violent video games can contribute to violent behavior in teenagers.
    Says right here "can contribute to violent behavior"! doesnt say it will it just says that the possibility is there if the circumstances are right in a teenager. Bad parenting/neglect, drug/alcohol use, community and Psycological issues can all contribute whos to say if you throw violent video games in the mix it doesnt increase the chances of a violent outburst.

Although it should have stated that 58% of adults "surveyed" believe but whatever no biggy. Surveys are shitty anyway to many variables involved and to much grey area that are not clarified by the people doing the survey.
    Last edited by Tmac718; 03-02-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Surverys aren't really a reliable source of data. It all depends on sample size, variety, distribution, etc. I don't take much stock in this.

On a side note, did you know that 50% of Americans prefer to read a book rather than play a PS3. I just surveyed my household, my wife and me.

Venire, Videre, Vince

If you want to read some more opinions from members of this site about this topic

check this out Violence, in Games

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Español

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is just the media's attempt to make video games a scapegoat the same way they are trying to blame marllyn mason after columbine

The One and Only

If those 58% want to prevent their kids from playing violent video games, then fine. Violent video games I agree is a factor, but like I've said in other threads, it can't take the full blame.

Hopefully this just means the parents will be more careful for what they buy for their children or what they allow them to be exposed to while they're at a young age, and then when they mature enough (age may differ) is when they won't have to worry as much. I don't fully agree about this getting more enforced into law since ESRB and other game rating companies are supposed to let everyone know what is more suitable for their children's age range.

What about movies? Certain TV shows? I haven't heard about anyone mention those things under the issue of violent children. What about their nature? Maybe some are violent based on their personality, personal experience, or how they were raised? When will we see articles mention that as a factor that may be more of an impact than video games?

Just my two cents, but most of us here can agree on one thing: We don't agree with the 58% of adults of that servey.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Rangers F.C

I would say 100% of people who fill out surveys are assholes and nobody cares what they think lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

this is so stupid, the adults just want to blame for their shit parenting

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'll say the same thing I did when that whole Sandy Hook thing happened....Do you think when Lizzie Borden (sp?) chopped up her family members they did an instant survey to say that 'axes should be banned" and that 'chopping trees makes people more violent?" give me a break...I'm so tired of this argument. People are just violent, period. Not everyone, but those that are, are fucked up in the head anyways....it doesn't matter if they sat all day and never touched a video game...they are demented and are going to find a way to hurt someone. that's all.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Violent behaviour is going on for as long we've walked on earth, theres was always violence and disturbing maniacs and such, so is rather a political tool from some parts of the society to take attention from them. on past decades we've seen this, from metal-rock being the reason for violence,then turned to movies and now its the games...... this pattern shows that rather then look for what causes violence we're seeking the next big escape goat instead!

Did julius ceasar played too much violent videogames when he decided to wipe out up to 1 million gauls? 58% of the romans thinks that videogames leads to violence.

Lvl 7 - Gold

they just use video games as an excuse to make themselves look good

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast