Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag revealed

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag revealed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by juliuspleezer Well I guess I'm the only one here who can't get enough. Frankly, I am a ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Well I guess I'm the only one here who can't get enough. Frankly, I am a little tired of people complaining about the AC series. They have all been solid games and I'll keep playing them no matter how many they make. They might be putting out what little material they have left for this gen of consoles so they can focus on the next. If you guys don't think AC is good enough or if you think they make too many games, don't play them. I'm excited for this and I hope they make a hundred more.
    Couldn't agree more

Lvl 4 - Silver

Time for them to replace the hood...

Where The Wind Blows

Gameplay-wise, I'm excited. The naval gameplay was awesome in 3, much to my surprise, and I'm quite interested in getting more of it. However... are we really closing the door on Connor so soon? I was hoping for at least one more game with him to see if/how he develops beyond a one-dimensional character with an emotional range beginning and ending with "scowl". Plus, even within Connor's lifetime there's great potential for another America-set story.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Death is Awaiting....

It says it'll be released in 2014. So it's not annual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

On the edge

I would rather see an Assassin's Creed release anytime over a Call of Duty release.

CoD is the definition of beating a dead horse.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't play Assassin's Creed games for the gameplay anymore, I do it for the story. If they can put out a quality story every year, that's fine by me. It's no different than a new novel coming out in a book series every year.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by seniorpibb View Post
    Time for them to replace the hood...
    Are they going to look for just "one piece" of Eden?

PRO Member

Venire, Videre, Vince

Arggggh she blows, it could be a hit or miss! Hopefully the franchise doesn't sink!

A good read I may say!

I am three games behind now AC Revelations, Brotherhood+ AC III

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They need to do one in the present now not the past we need to know what happens after 3. I love all the games. The game play for some of them was a let down but the story line is great they need to tie it all nicely into a bow and finish it off.
    "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"
    "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito"

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Why dont people like Revelations? I thought it was one of the best!
    Likewise ACR was THE best hands down.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Personally I hated the navel warfare in AC3. I despised having to do it those two times they made you and I sure as hell didn't do any extra. Assassin's Creed is about stealth and assassinating, not driving a ship, shooting cannons. I struggled to actually hit stuff. There were too many targets that ran away from you. You had to duck every 15 seconds, else you die in 5 seconds. Had nothing to do with hand to hand combat or hidden blades. Don't get me wrong AC3 was my favorite of all of them. I really liked Connor and his tomahawk. I just hated breaking what made AC what it is and I hate games with ships you have to steer period.

After all this, I probably won't buy AC4 it is centered around the only aspect I hated in AC3. I didn't buy ACB or ACR either. It needs to be a different assassin every time. Idk... I feel like Ubisoft is taking AC down the drain with yearly releases and focusing on non AC aspects. Oh well, maybe they will quit beating the dying horse eventually.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Kiwi Defender

So they're going to abuse the fact that people enjoyed one of the few new aspects AC3 brought to the table? I guess old habits die hard.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Damn, I would really like a Japanese or Chinese setting of assassins creed...oh well guess I'll hope it happens in 2015
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Drunken Nights

Love the series so I'm hoping Ubisoft can share some details later on today.

Lvl 7 - Gold

This is really stupid. I am a big Assassins creed Fanboy but honestly they are milking it too much. will definitely be getting this on day 1 but still not really interested in a assassin being a pirate. I wish it went to china or some other country which would be cool. But hopefully the story is good. But i am not really excited as i used to be.

Nope, nothing

Lvl 7 - Gold

I changed my mind today once i heard that you play as Edward kenway father of haytham kenway. cant wait for this game now lol. hopefully the story is good

Lvl 3 - Bronze

actually excited to see what they do with this and wish there wasnt so many whiners and crybabies out there, everybody knows AC is a annual episode so i dont get why people are acting so surprised about even the director of the game said he is hope to make at least games up to AC10. if you dont like what they're doing with it simple dont play it

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

Platinum Dohvakiin

Time to kill the series. Instead of Ubisoft doing something set in Japan, or China or Eastern Europe with all that style and architecture. We get Connor's Grandfather on a Pirate Ship? The fact that half this thread is like "this could b fun IF Done Right" is already not a good sign; that the general idea of this was great to begin with.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast