Beyond good and evil 2 coming

This is a discussion on Beyond good and evil 2 coming within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; To those who are waiting for this title, it's coming So we've got Watch Dogs for PS4. And presumably some ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Beyond good and evil 2 coming

To those who are waiting for this title, it's coming

So we've got Watch Dogs for PS4. And presumably some more stuff. How about that Beyond Good & Evil 2 game that fans have been waiting for and that the game's creator said would have to wait until the next-gen? "I don't give comments anymore on BG&E2," Guillemot said, "because I think ... the next time next time we communicate we have to have something new." Not specific to the PS4 or any other platform, he told me: "It's coming." Yep. I know some folks who are waiting.
    Sony Asked Ubisoft What They Wanted From PS4. Ubisoft Said Make It More Like PCs And Phones.

Lvl 9 - Gold

About time
    I just hope they keep the essence of the original and don't turn it into something too bad, haha.
    Quite excited about this!

I haven't played the HD release (only back then on PS2), but is it worth it? I know it doesn't have a Plat but I don't mind.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 8 - Gold

still have yet to finish the first one. Got to the last boss but eurgh

Lvl 10 - Platinum

New news on the BGE 2 front to pass on.

Michel Ancel Discusses Beyond Good & Evil 2 - IGN

Fans have been waiting a long time for Beyond Good & Evil 2. Since Ubisoftannounced a follow-up to the 2003 cult favorite back in 2008, there’s been a surprising lack of official news aside from a few tidbits in various interviews.
    At a Rayman Legends event in San Francisco this week, IGN spoke with Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel about what’s going on with the sequel, plus what itsshift to next-gen consoles will allow it to do.
    “I think we were doing something too big for this period,” Ancel told IGN. “Honestly, it was too challenging to put that on [current] consoles. I don’t say the consoles were not good enough, I don’t say the team was not good enough, but you have to scale what you want to do and the console itself. I think now with those new consoles arriving, yes, we want to try again making that game. I would say it’s surprising, as we want it to be. Not just a sequel, but something that really makes all the ideas that we had for the first one possible now with these consoles.”

We asked Ancel exactly what the new consoles will allow. Is the sequel simply Beyond Good & Evil 2 but bigger?

“More than ‘bigger,’ it’s the freedom we want to give to the player,” Ancel explained. “In this kind of game, while you’re investigating, you don’t want to investigate in a story that has been written by the developers. My feeling is that you want to investigate with your own way of investigating. I like the freedom of choosing your vehicles, flying away with the spaceship and all those things. It was in Beyond Good & Evil 1 but it was not as much as we wanted. I like the fact that if you want to fly from one city to another, one planet to another, it’s something that you should be able to do. That freedom and the world of Beyond Good & Evil is very challenging to do.”
    As for when we might hear about it, Ancel was understandably coy. “I can’t tell you because if I promise something, oh no,” he said with a smile.
    To me it sounds good to move on to the next gen consoles and cannot wait for this title.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awesome to hear

PRO Member

I beat the first one on PS2. Started it again when I saw it downloadable from the store with trophies, so I'm gonna beat it again, and I'm definately looking forward to a sequel!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Never played them - always wanted to. This will make me def. Can't wait