Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

EA building micro-transactions into all their games

This is a discussion on EA building micro-transactions into all their games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As long as it's just unlocking weapons etc, that are IN game already. And it doesn't all become exclusive bullshit. ...

PRO Member

As long as it's just unlocking weapons etc, that are IN game already. And it doesn't all become exclusive bullshit. Then I'm not overly bothered that shit players need to buy help.
    And as long as they don't then make those weapons etc, harder to get in game for actual players.

"Consumers love that".... Fuck off EA.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    [B]As long as it's just unlocking weapons etc, that are IN game already. And it doesn't all become exclusive bullshit. Then I'm not overly bothered that shit players need to buy help.

Real racing 3 is having a shitfest involving shit like that.

'Real Racing 3' is ruined by in-app purchases | The Verge

There's a catch, of course: in-app purchases permeate every facet of Real Racing 3's existence. With each race your car sustains damage, drains oil, wears out its tires, and so on, and you need to pay in-game currency to fix these issues if you don't want to be left behind on the track. This currency is doled out in meagre amounts when you place high in an event, or you can buy more with real-world money.

But it doesn't stop there — once you upgrade or service your vehicle, up pops a countdown timer of a few minutes that you're encouraged to skip with another form of currency, which is even scarcer than the first. If you don't have the money — virtual or real — your only recourse is to quit the game and wait for a push notification to let you know that the work has been carried out.

welcome to the world of microtransactions. this is the shit ea is talking about.

anyone who has played any of EA's Play for free games know exactly what shit EA is going to do to their games.

yea after sim city comes out im not buying a single EA game ever again. ever.

i'm not buying the game the ex-infinity ward people were trying to put out.

i'm not buying Mirrors edge 2. I'm not buying anything i really want from you guys till you remove this shit.

for any reason. If i play a EA game it's going to be at a friends house or pirated. congrats ea, you made a paying customer a pirate. at least my "Microtransactions" and "day 1 dlc" will be free.

PRO Member

once you upgrade or service your vehicle, up pops a countdown timer of a few minutes that you're encouraged to skip with another form of currency, which is even scarcer than the first. If you don't have the money — virtual or real
    Fucking... Wow.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Anyone remembers good old cheat codes? No? Okay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Money grubbing developers these days...
    Most of it is not the developers, its the publishers.

If you have a standard dev/pub relationship, the developer makes most their money at the release of the game, most of the profit and profit making is garnered by the publisher. Yes, there are some profit sharing models, but this type of activity is not something most developers are a part of...
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    This is pure horse shit. I hope that the next time an asteroid hurls into Earth, it misses Russia and hits EA headquarters.
    Hahaha nice!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I Buy Tiger Woods each year. Tw13 had micro transactions or you could unlock dlc by grinding out the courses which I loved.
    Eagerly waiting for TW14, there Web sites states that they are stopping this due to the bad feed back from other games.
    Which one is right?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

EA is a horrible company. vampiric suckers of satans cock. came up w online passes,everyone does it now. sony will follow suit w ps4, the golden age is over. think i'll find something else to do...

VitaUnlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    This is pure horse shit. I hope that the next time an asteroid hurls into Earth, it misses Russia and hits EA headquarters.
    Agreed. I don't buy EA games for this reason. Bring on the Asteroids!

Lvl 9 - Gold

EA will eventually become Skynet and create killer robots to force everyone pay and play their shitty, unfinished games

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

The Deathly Rhythm

This ability is good for Free to Play games, but on 60$ games, Hell no..EA you're not getting my money!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 1 - Bronze

EA clarifies position on having microtransactions in all games - GameSpot.com

"What Jorgensen was actually saying was that microtransactions would be a core part of its mobile software. "All of our mobile games will have microtransactions in them, because almost all of them are going to a world where they are play-for-free," he clarified."

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguydave666 View Post
    EA clarifies position on having microtransactions in all games - GameSpot.com

"What Jorgensen was actually saying was that microtransactions would be a core part of its mobile software. "All of our mobile games will have microtransactions in them, because almost all of them are going to a world where they are play-for-free," he clarified."

~Damage control~

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    if you think EA aren't gonna make it real money only, than go get your brain checked, mate.

They did this in FIFA 12, could ONLY use real money.
    I never I said thought they would, I just hoped they would. Why? Because it works beautifully in Dead Space 3.

In FIFA 12 do you absolutely need to buy whatever it is that costs money? Because if not then complaining about it is borderline stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by HELLO View Post
    MMO's? You mean F2P MMO's which make their only source of income microtransactions? You're trying to relate that to games which we pay 40 (and $60 respectively) to play? It's just downright greed.

"So stop complaining." Yes, please do Mr Ironic.

But I'm not particularly bothered. I just wanted to point out how silly your statement was. I will, personally, never pay a single dime for "easier experience". The more challenging a game is to me, the better the experience is for me.
    So I guess World of Warcraft has absolutely no micro-transactions whatsoever, right? And it's only greed if they are like Capcom and have the shit on disc that you need to pay to unlock. Stuff like this is completely reasonable, they only affect how you play the game, you aren't missing anything if you don't buy them.

You're a fucking idiot.

Rangers F.C

I don't care , I would not buy them anyway but if people think its a bad idea , then you know what to do ............ or not do ( buy it ) , there are loads of idiots out there so I am sure EA will consider it a great success and the other devs will soon follow .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12