Watch Dogs to be PC/ Next Gen first then ported to other systems...

This is a discussion on Watch Dogs to be PC/ Next Gen first then ported to other systems... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ubisoft’s impressive looking Watch Dogs is, as suspected, being developed primarily as a PC title. This code is then ported ...

DON'T BLINK

Watch Dogs to be PC/ Next Gen first then ported to other systems...

Ubisoft’s impressive looking Watch Dogs is, as suspected, being developed primarily as a PC title.This code is then ported onto the PC-friendly architecture of the PS4 (and presumably, behind closed doors, also the Xbox 720), according to a translation of an interview with Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot on Dutch site Inside Gamer.

That leaves an auxiliary team with the task of downscaling the next-gen code to fit on current-gen tech.
    “At the moment our team is working hard to make the next generation console and PC version,” Guillemot stated. “Then other teams see how they can bring the game to the current generation of consoles. Maybe at E3 we’ll show two different versions of the game.

“We expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure. Previously, we developed games first on the Xbox 360 and then translated them onto the PS3. It took a lot of time and money to port.”
    Watch Dogs being developed first for PC and next-gen | Games industry news | MCV

Lvl 7 - Gold

I wasn't really excited about this game until recently. But boy, am I now. It looks like its going to be a great game. I hope I don't miss out on it because I don't plan on buying a ps4 for a while.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    I wasn't really excited about this game until recently. But boy, am I now. It looks like its going to be a great game. I hope I don't miss out on it because I don't plan on buying a ps4 for a while.

It will be interesting to see what has to get tweaked for the PS3/360 ports

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    Yeah by the time I buy it there will be a GOTY or something like that out... Can't wait for E3 for more footage

Kiwi Defender

I'm rather curious as to how well the game will do when ported over, seeing how big of a power difference there is between current PCs and the PS3/360. Here's hoping for the best, I guess.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Du wirst geil

I was primarily getting this for the PS4 anyways. But it'll be interesting to see the comparison between the PC/PS4/Xbox 720 versions (although I'm guessing the PC version will probably be the superior one).

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    I was primarily getting this for the PS4 anyways. But it'll be interesting to see the comparison between the PC/PS4/Xbox 720 versions (although I'm guessing the PC version will probably be the superior one).

I'm betting it will be a lot closer than you think. The way the PS4 specs look, it looks to match anything you can throw at a PC

Lvl 8 - Gold

It was to be expected, and because of this I won't be getting these cross-gen games on the PS3. I'd rather wait to get the PS4 to play them then get a watered down version.

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I'm betting it will be a lot closer than you think. The way the PS4 specs look, it looks to match anything you can throw at a PC
    You're right. Didn't quite think about it like that. And if that is the case, I'm betting the difference between the PS4 and PC ports won't even be noticeable.

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    It was to be expected, and because of this I won't be getting these cross-gen games on the PS3. I'd rather wait to get the PS4 to play them then get a watered down version.
    I agree but not quite my sentiments exactly. I'd rather just start building my PS4 collection than having to revert back to my PS3. Although at some point, I've got to figure out when I'll stop buying games for the PS3 and focus solely on PS4 games.