Corrupted data

This is a discussion on Corrupted data within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What do I do to erase it...

PRO Member

Corrupted data

What do I do to erase it

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 4 - Silver

What sort of data are we talking about here? A saved file? Normally, with something like that, you hit the Triangle button and then a list of options comes up, which includes delete.

PRO Member

It was data from Resistance 3 I tried to delete it, but my console froze and when I turned it back on, it only said corrupted data if I try to delete it, just going to freeze again

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    It was data from Resistance 3 I tried to delete it, but my console froze and when I turned it back on, it only said corrupted data if I try to delete it, just going to freeze again
    There's some bizarre issue with the R3 Game Data: it can take hours to delete. Simply try deleting it again and be patient. It took me like 90 minutes to delete it the second time.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Activating Safe Mode

Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:
    1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
    2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
    3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:
    1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
    2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
    3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."
    Step 4:
    1. Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.
    2. Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.
    Step 5: We recommending performing the safe mode options in the following order until one of the options works for you. If one of the options work, do not continue onto the other options.
    1. Restore Default Settings (Restore Default Settings - Performs the same operations as on the XMB™, and also deletes PlayStationŽNetwork account information from the system.)
    2. Restore File System (Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.) <--- This fixed my PAIN corrupted Data
    3. Rebuild Database (Rebuild Database - Deletes messages, playlists, changes made on screens, trimming information for pictures in , video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information.)
    4. Restore PS3 System (IMPORTANT: All data will be lost by performing this step.
      This will reformat the hard drive on the PLAYSTATION 3, deleting all data and restoring it to as if it just came out of the box. This is the same as on the XMB.)

community.us.playstation.com