Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dead Space 4 Cancelled - Unexpectedly Low

This is a discussion on Dead Space 4 Cancelled - Unexpectedly Low within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz Really? Fuck you EA. Seriously, this is bullshit. This is your best fucking franchise Yup. This ...

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Really? Fuck you EA. Seriously, this is bullshit. This is your best fucking franchise
    Yup. This definitely sucks. I still havent even got around to starting DS3 yet. But, this is super lame...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

No!!! I need to know how the story continues on from the ending

EA sure likes to shoot themselves in the foot
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Lol. Well thats good news. I still agree with the first post I quoted from thought lol...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hope this is not true. Maybe if they made more dev team editions they would have made more money since I would have paid the extra amount.

PRO Member

Good. Thanks for that. Had me worried for a second.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I didn't hear bad things, just not many good things. Like the story wasn't as good and felt forced, or that it's not really scary, etc. Let alone the micro transactions thing, that's never good.
    Again, I haven't played the game but played the demo and liked it, though the changes made to make it more actiony were obvious.
    I will get the game when it's cheaper, I just hate to pay over $60 (since DLC was already announced) for full games.
    The micro transactions (the players own money) are a thing that certainly exists, but it hasn't bothered me. I don't play the game online, so I have zero access to the ps store. As for being more action oriented/less scary, I agree to an extent. The enemies don't typically make me jump that often, but I chalked that up to being familiar with the series and having a good general idea of where my enemies are going to come from, and when. The moments where yer involved with shootouts are few and far between, and not very difficult, but then again, I'm playing on casual. I like the game. I think its better than the second, and there was nothing wrong with the second IMO. But to each his own. Hopefully when you get around to playing it, you aren't disappointed.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

O_o

It's kind of sad, but I'd rather see a series stop then become something else entirely.

CoughResidentEvil.

PRO Member

This is better than them stretching out the series and resorting to making it into a yearly franchise. Some of the changes they were making to the game were not good changes, and due to this negativity I've still not put the game in my playstation, despite having had it rented for a good few weeks now

PRO Member

i was a little surprised that the'd do this so quickly after 3's release so I'm glad to see it around for big fans of the series. I'd rather have them know when they are making the final game so they can wrap it up in the way they intended.

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Via EA to IGN:

EA tells IGN that this information is "flat-out not true," as well as reaffirms that Visceral Montreal (the developer behind Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, not Dead Space 3) is alive and well. The publisher wouldn't confirm one way or the other that Montreal was involved in a Dead Space sequel, and simply stated it collaborated with the Dead Space development team in the past.

EA's generic statement provided to the press reads, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA." The publisher declined to provide IGN with sales estimates.

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

VitaUnlocked

Happening or not then

Lvl 7 - Gold

I was figuring those rumors were possibly some ploy to increase sales but then

So now, I don't know.

*Opinion Time* For those who have not played Dead Space 3, please do. It's a good game and the weapon crafting is awesome. Yes, the game is a little "actiony" but, if you survived 2 necromorph outbreaks, would you still be scared out of your mind or be calm and level-headed?

Welp, that's my 2 cents. Good enough to take to any bank or credit union.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Saints Row IV

ΕΑ is a master at closing online servers and videogame franchises
    I must say i am glad they did it,it has turnt into an action game.I wasn't scared.At all
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Negator

Dear Visceral,

Stop trying to appeal to a broader audience and make Dead Space 4 with the same passion as the original Dead Space...then, find a fucking publisher that wont milk you and toss you in the gutter when they're done.

Sincerely,

Consumers

EDIT

I guess adding pertinent information like this to the OP is too difficult. Thanks UMA.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Bob 'n' Becca

I hope it's not dead. Like I said, I haven't seen threes ending, but from this thread and a chap I see whilst working, I've heard it's vague. I will say that when Isaac's story is done, the series is done. I don't want to have to deal with prequels and crap. I want the markers to be destroyed once and for all.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

Unfortunate that this is something that is going to suffer...

I'd have ideas (like make Dead Space 4 a smaller budget title and focus on not making it some huge blockbuster ala Demons' Souls or make it an episodic game), but this is EA, they are one step away from being Activision.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hope this is just hearsay. I loved the original dead space. It really is the only distinctive franchise that EA has. I don't understand why publishers expect such high sales toward the end of a generation.

Buy my book, Alteration

Low sales? Dead Space is a big name these days, you can't just let it go! Sigh. I've been playing the original lately, and it's fantastic, so it's sad to know it's pretty much over.

EDIT: So it's good to see the rumors may not be true...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Drunken Nights

I've yet to play 2 and 3 but I enjoyed the first one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast