Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dead Space 4 Cancelled - Unexpectedly Low

This is a discussion on Dead Space 4 Cancelled - Unexpectedly Low within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; recently platted ds3, long time fan. i'm somewhat saddened to say there wasn't anything special about ds3 though the weapon ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

recently platted ds3, long time fan. i'm somewhat saddened to say there wasn't anything special about ds3 though the weapon making aspect is hip. co-op, though social and a benefit, lowered the difficulty to the point of cleaning up after ur buddy or havn some1 clean up after you. i would have done things differently. i feel there is much to explore in the sci-fi horror genre for good theme for the possibilities are truly endless, and it is the bean-counting corporate shit for brains with a complete lack of vision and clarity at EA that would have killed it. the best in a series in games seems to be the second, (resistance 2, crysis 2, MSPR, red faction guerrilla,) some others and its indicative of our culture that there is a lack of imagination and leeway among corporate giants (since those pieces of trash run things nowadays, which is our fault) to keep a good thing alive. said it on other forums, the golden age is over,..unless we do something about

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Dead Space sales of close to 3.7 million copies sold funded the making a sequel, Dead Space 2 sold 2.85 million a drop of close to a million copies and Dead Space 3 sales so far are around 900,000 copies sold worldwide so far and based on past sales on almost every video game in history most of your sales will come within the first 3 months of a games release. So Electronic Arts will not have the funding to make a fourth installment to the series based on poor sales of the third and if you don't like it then get people to buy Dead Space 3. I've already sold three PS3s just from mentioning how great the first game was and they're like well if we buy the first one then we may as well get all 3.

#cutformesa

If you look again at any of the cited articles, you'll find that EA has released a statement along the lines of, "We're not ready to reveal sales figures or any future titles at this point, but Dead Space is a very important franchise to us and these rumors are patently false."

So... maybe underwhelming sales, but the franchise definitely hasn't been canned.

EDIT: As others have already posted:
    EA tells IGN that this information is "flat-out not true," as well as reaffirms that Visceral Montreal (the developer behind Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, not Dead Space 3) is alive and well. The publisher wouldn't confirm one way or the other that Montreal was involved in a Dead Space sequel, and simply stated it collaborated with the Dead Space development team in the past.

EA's generic statement provided to the press reads, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA." The publisher declined to provide IGN with sales estimates.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Dear Visceral,

Stop trying to appeal to a broader audience and make Dead Space 4 with the same passion as the original Dead Space...then, find a fucking publisher that wont milk you and toss you in the gutter when they're done.

Sincerely,

Consumers

EDIT

I guess adding pertinent information like this to the OP is too difficult. Thanks UMA.
    Acording to another article I read, Visceral had their ideas in mind, but EA came in and basically ordered them to make it more actiony and to make do away with weapon specific ammo so they could do microtransactions, amongst other things.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

For as much garbage Kotaku and other Gawker site's post, I'm happy that they posted it all in one story - the supposed rumor, and the very company responsible shooting down such ideas (as opposed to other sources milking an unverified source). I guess all we got from this was just people showing how much they theoretically hate EA. Yay...words!
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 4 - Silver

I havn't played DS3 so i have no right to judge it, but a lot of good franchises have died out & lost their original appeal due to their "callofdutification" like Medal of honor, Resident evil and now Dead space and i fear that many more will follow.
    Developers & publishers want to change them to appeal to "new players" while completely ignoring the original fans who supported them in the begining.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Acording to another article I read, Visceral had their ideas in mind, but EA came in and basically ordered them to make it more actiony and to make do away with weapon specific ammo so they could do microtransactions, amongst other things.
    That's one of my biggest upsets of the game. I loved having specific ammo

EA can seriously suck a fart...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    I was figuring those rumors were possibly some ploy to increase sales but then

So now, I don't know.

*Opinion Time* For those who have not played Dead Space 3, please do. It's a good game and the weapon crafting is awesome. Yes, the game is a little "actiony" but, if you survived 2 necromorph outbreaks, would you still be scared out of your mind or be calm and level-headed?

Welp, that's my 2 cents. Good enough to take to any bank or credit union.
    I'm just concerned about the story. Is it good? I've heard it's kind of bland, and I love Dead Space because of the story.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I'm just concerned about the story. Is it good? I've heard it's kind of bland, and I love Dead Space because of the story.
    They make books for stuff like that.

The success of Dead Space comes from the atmosphere and gun-play.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    It had a good story not the best one but it was a great game to end the series if they do end it here but i hope not with the hidden message at the end of the credits.
    "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"
    "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito"

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Go figure. Go fucking figure EA.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

YES!!!!

Looks like not suporting actually does something good. Did not purchase, now for the fall of the Crysis series next & Simcity.. followed by EA in general.

Hopefully the C&C series may rest in piece after not supporting crap PAY TO WIN Generals 2 & C&C4.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 03-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Fuck you EA, you killed Ultima, Westwood studios/CnC Tiberium series and Butchered Mass Effect 3 with that ending, not long after I just got into the series. And of course let's not forget Dragon Age 2 and the consistently overpriced DLC that EA releases. And where's the sequel to Mirror's Edge dang it.

I think the real problem with games failing is the price. If they brought the price down by 10 here in the UK and $20 in the US, they'd more than make their money back as gamers can afford to buy more games, rather than pick and choose. (Just my own speculation on why some series fail to meet expected sales margins.)

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well this is depressing...

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

For the Henny Penny brigade...EA denies Dead Space series cancellation - GameSpot.com

Get a grip and wait for the facts to emerge before shouting "The sky is falling! Fuck you EA!"

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    For the Henny Penny brigade...EA denies Dead Space series cancellation - GameSpot.com

Get a grip and wait for the facts to emerge before shouting "The sky is falling! Fuck you EA!"
    I think folks just like shouting "fuck you, EA!" Lol.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Dead Space Extraction.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

PRO Member

You know I'm surprised by all the people saying they played 1, but not 2 or 3...

Maybe you should fix that and we actually will get a 4.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    They make books for stuff like that.

The success of Dead Space comes from the atmosphere and gun-play.
    I agree with that, a lot of people love those aspects, but I like the franchise because it has a great story. Gun play is okay and atmosphere is amazing, though it's not really scary.
    And it doesn't even answers my question...

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    It's kind of sad, but I'd rather see a series stop then become something else entirely.

CoughResidentEvil.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123