Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dead Space 4 Cancelled - Unexpectedly Low

This is a discussion on Dead Space 4 Cancelled - Unexpectedly Low within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dead Space 4 cancelled as series sales decline - report | GamesIndustry International http://www.giantbomb.com/dead-space/...celed-1427540/ http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/05/dead...omment-page-1/ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...space-3-report Dead Space 3 I ...

Check Those Corners

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hmm never got around to playing dead space 2 from my PD plus but it seemed half my friend list that was online were playing dead space 3 a few weeks back low sales seems odd

Maybe it will result in another idea from the developers or something though which would probably be good.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wow. This genuinely sucks shit through the small end of a funnel. But I have to ask, is ANY game (other than COD) performing to expectations lately? Especially in this economy?? Maybe the key here is, oh, I don't know..........to lower expectations of how well a game is going to do??? It just seems like we're hearing this about EVERY game and franchise lately......

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 10 - Platinum

yeah why stick with a series that sells millions when you can just cancel it because it doesnt sell like COD? kinda sucks if this is true because id like to see what happens next in the series, seems like this would be an EA decision so unless they own the franchise or visceral i suppose visceral could just go with another publisher, heres hoping dead space continues for at least one more game to wrap up isaacs story

Change is mediocre

We feel good about that growth but we have to be very paranoid about making sure we don't change the experience so much that we lose the fanbase.
    This is what killed it.

And all this says is "an anonymous source", so that may mean that it just isn't being worked on at the moment. I would hope EA scrounges some money from other games' sales and put them towards a new Dead Space. It's not like EA's going bankrupt any time soon.

Angel of Death

Really? Fuck you EA. Seriously, this is bullshit. This is your best fucking franchise, and you kill it because it didn't bring in enough money? No wonder no one fucking likes you. What are you going to do when other games' sales drop? Cancel all those series'?

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

This is what happens when you create a much loved niche horror game and then turn the sequels to nothing more than a 3rd person shooter.

And if this is true, and that Dead Space was required to make 5million sales as many are saying, then Bioware best hope the next Mass Effect and Dragon Age games pull off some sales otherwise they'll be the next for layoffs. Bioware are on thin ice seeing as Mass Effect sales have dwindled slightly with each game

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

Other then the layoffs and such to follow this is accually a good thing. DeadSpace 3 is not a very good game its ok dont get me wrong but not 5 million copys good. Now annonymous sources usually are not in the loop of the need to know whats gonna happen to a franchise. We will wait for ea to jazz up something to say probly today or tomorrow.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    this is your best fucking franchise, and you kill it because it didn't bring in enough money?
    Welcome to ea

Their philosophy: suck em dry n run

Bob 'n' Becca

I haven't beaten dead space 3, but I love the game. I love the series! The first one is one of the first games I bought when I got my ps3, and I've preordered both the second and third entries. If the series gets cancelled, I'll be disappointed, but as one if the first posters said, mayhaps the developers will start working on a new ip in its absence.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

havent played dead space 3 but 1 and 2 were awesome. will be getting 3 soon sad to hear this fuck you ea

Lvl 9 - Gold

Haven't played DS3 but didn't hear so many good things about it. I have to admit I'm glad to hear this, I rather they'd leave it there instead of milking it more and more.
    Hopefully we'll get some other merchandise to expand the franchise though, in my opinion the book and comic books were the best part of Dead Space.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wow that sucks. I thought that Dead Space was really popular. I am surprised it's been cancelled.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Haven't played DS3 but didn't hear so many good things about it. I have to admit I'm glad to hear this, I rather they'd leave it there instead of milking it more and more.
    Hopefully we'll get some other merchandise to expand the franchise though, in my opinion the book and comic books were the best part of Dead Space.
    Did you hear bad things from yer friends/coworkers/etc., or reviews? I haven't heard anything negative about it. I haven't read any reviews so far, but the ratings I've seen have been highly favourable.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

I can understand, never played it but recently I tried DS3 demo and I was like what y people like this wasn't that fun like I heard of it IMO

Lvl 7 - Gold

Dead Space 4 just came out, how can it be canceled?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Did you hear bad things from yer friends/coworkers/etc., or reviews? I haven't heard anything negative about it. I haven't read any reviews so far, but the ratings I've seen have been highly favourable.
    I didn't hear bad things, just not many good things. Like the story wasn't as good and felt forced, or that it's not really scary, etc. Let alone the micro transactions thing, that's never good.
    Again, I haven't played the game but played the demo and liked it, though the changes made to make it more actiony were obvious.
    I will get the game when it's cheaper, I just hate to pay over $60 (since DLC was already announced) for full games.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 8 - Gold

Looks like that "wider audience" they, oh so desperately sought, let them down.

Lvl 7 - Gold

"Full games" does not mean the add on content that is sold seperately.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Dead Space 4 just came out, how can it be canceled?
    Hmm, dead space 3 just released not 4

Kindof surprised by low sales. Typical EA style though
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast