Games released in other regions

This is a discussion on Games released in other regions within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am wondering if it is possible to get games released on PSN in Europe or Japan with a US ...

PRO Member

Games released in other regions

I am wondering if it is possible to get games released on PSN in Europe or Japan with a US account. If not, is there any way to get the game or would I have to wait until when/if it is released here? Sorry if this was asked before. Searched but didn't see what I was looking for.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Ice Cream Firefighter

You can't, but you can make a EU account and do it that way.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Ok. Can I play it on my US account or would it only be available for that account? Asking as I am wanting to get Dynasty Warriors 8 but it was only released in Japan. Don't want to get it if it can only be played on that single account
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Ice Cream Firefighter

Once you install it from your JP account it's on your system and can be accessed from any Users Account on the PS3.

Ultradog won a copy of BL2 from me and he received a Australian copy, it was cheap so I got him to make a AU account so I could send him a $50 code so he could buy the season pass for it & we will be playing it together on his normal account.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lord of all Goat-Men

You basically game-share with yourself. Create a region-based account, buy the game from that store, start the download, then go back to your regular account. The game will be fully playable. The only problem is that any and all DLC must be bought from the same region.

illegal in 9 countries

As long as the PSN account that purchased the content is on the PS3 and it's ACTIVATED, the content will work with other regional PSN accounts.

Note however, this isn't the case for VITA games. You can't play an EU / Jap VITA game on a US PSN account and vise-versa.

Also worth noting, EU / Jap DLC won't work with US games. The exception to that is UK (region 2) <> AU (region 4) ...most of the time it works eg, I bought the UK BL2 disc and have the AU season pass DLC.