Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is your favourite franchise your favourite?

This is a discussion on Why is your favourite franchise your favourite? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My favourite franchise (currently) is Sly Cooper, basically because this generation is filled with shooters and action games, there are ...

Retired

Why is your favourite franchise your favourite?

My favourite franchise (currently) is Sly Cooper, basically because this generation is filled with shooters and action games, there are very, very few games like this and Ratchet and Clank. I also love the way the characters interact, the story and the mechanics.

What's yours and why?

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

The Metal Gear Solid franchise.
    Almost where I got my gaming start as a kid. Use to be so amazed on these games.
    Also, Command & Conquer (franchise). Sadly C&C is nearly no more though. More childhood memories playing against the big bro in the same house. (ra2 specifically) but the Generals was also an epic one online.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 03-07-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

well like stated above my first gaming experience was the metal gear solid franchise so i will always hold that dear and its always been something ive enjoyed coming back to playing. Love the characters the story everything is just so amazing and just as a side note i absolutely love revengeance as well so yeah that about sums it up for me lol

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Grand Theft Auto, may sound trite and lazy to some but i fell for the series from the very first game,wonderfully tongue in cheek and fun.
    GTA 2 then introduced the open ended gameplay to exciting levels.
    The reason my most anticipated game at the dawn of PS2 was GTA III came down to the combination in my head of a a 3D world coupled with GTA 2's freedom, got GTA III two days before official launch and playing it for the first time is one of my standout moments in gaming.It is the only time a game has truly shot miles ahead of all i could of hoped for.

Vice City was hyped, was good, not greatly improved but better than most things out that year, San Andreas took GTA 's ideals to the maximum and became one of my favourite games of all time ( not to mention, one of the longest times i've spent on a single player game ).

The PSP games were good fun, little fiddly but Liberty City and Vice City in your hands? couldn't top that feeling.

GTA IV. I've heard and read the squabbling and sniping aimed at it so many many many times and i still don't get it, one of the best games of the generation, built deep rather than wide, most debate seems to come from confusion about what exactly people believe a GTA game should be, a victim of Rockstar's ambition in the end,i guess some felt ( wrongly or rightly, mostly wrongly ) it was going to be 5 bajillion times the size of San Andreas with rocket powered space cars and chainsaw pooping dildos merely due to being on a more powerful machine.

Only series that still gets me interested from first image to first play. Can't wait for September.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't really have a favorite, favorite franchise, but if I had to pick one it'd be the Souls series, because the games are what they're supposed to be and the devs don't take crap from anyone (that may change in Dark Souls II though, hoping it won't).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Of all time its Final fantasy
    with MGS in a close second

Venire, Videre, Vince

Toggle Spoiler

I know that there is no game that can make everyone happy as there is always one thing they like and don't like. But for me I really liked playing both series because they had some cool features in game that really made me enjoy playing it (humor + mini-games+ extra activities for example). The games are so good for me that I can play the game; over and over unlike other games where I might just do one playthrough and thats it.

Played the first Metal Gear game for NES in '87 + Late '90s GTA (London: 1969) and have been a fan since then for both series.

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

-i- love myself.

Uncharted is my favorite because it has what I've always wanted in a game, love the whole settings and characters, ND did such an amazing job with this franchise.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yakuza. Very underrated series. Great writing/story-telling, and lots of different wrinkles and game modes to keep them entertaining. Plus the Plats are difficult (at least Y3) and rare, so it is a badge of honor to own them. Now I just hope Y5 makes it to the West!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Castelvania, no other franchise I played has delivered the magnitude of darkness and elegance, which I so crave like Castelvania.

Du wirst geil

Oddworld hands down. Why? Well, because it's quirky, the dark humor is funny, the fact it makes you actually think (for a majority of the puzzles) and at the time there was nothing like Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. A close second would have be Final Fantasy. Everything from the artwork, to the music and the attention to detail was/is amazing. It's just a shame Square (Enix) has kind of slipped a little (I'm not saying the more recent installations are bad) but with the acquisition of Edios, I'm sure they have a lot more to focus on.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

VitaUnlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Uncharted is my favorite because it has what I've always wanted in a game, love the whole settings and characters, ND did such an amazing job with this franchise.
    What Qurb said. I love the storytelling in UC overall and the gameplay is good too.

Platinum Procrastinator

The Zelda series probably although Final Fantasy comes a close second except FFXIII/XIII-2 has dropped my level of love down a little for the series. I've played a lot of the Zelda titles and have enjoyed them all. I can't wait for the Wind Waker HD remake and the new HD game for the Wii U. Both will definitely be day one purchases for sure.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Galaxy beauty pirate

I love the Suikoden series. They are a little bit different than other Jrpg's. Played them all except for 5 (didn't finish it).
    Also love the FF franchise, but FF 13 was a dissappointment.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have many Favorite Franchises but the top two is definitely the assassins creed series and god of war series. I am one of those ppl who started off with Ac1 and loved all the games even though the ones after ac2 were not as good as ac2. all 5 gow games are amazing and cant wait for ascension next week

Rangers F.C

The Elder Scrolls , could have said Fallout ( New Vegas let the side down ) but I have put way more hours into Oblivion and Skyrim , plus the DLC for The Elder Scrolls is far better in both games .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Iron Maiden

It's definitely The Elder Scrolls and Assassin's Creed franchises for me. Skyrim is, by far, my favourite game of all time. Oblivion was also an amazing game. Morrowind was a lot of fun to play, too. I absolutely loved Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood and Revelations. However, AC: III was disappointing, in my opinion. It was fun to play and had many excellent features, but was a huge let down in comparison to the high standards Ubisoft set with its predecessors. Let's hope Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag lives up to all the hype.

Bob 'n' Becca

Resident Evil is my favourite franchise. It all started with 3. My cousins and I played it one day, and I was hooked. From there I bought the first one. It didn't hurt that I had a GameCube instead of a ps2, so resident evil 0 and the REmake were natural selections for me. I've played every game, gotten tired of certain aspects in each (Claire why won't you go up steps without me pressing a button?), but I love more features than I hate. The newer games aren't the same, but they make me feel a sense of nostalgia because the same characters are there.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

My favorite franchise used to be Final Fantasy. Then they killed it with the milking of XIII and its spin offs. Up to that point though, it was my favorite because each game was completely different, yet had a few shared elements that tied it together. You could play a Final Fantasy game without knowing the title, and be able to tell it was a Final Fantasy game.

They had great character development, and the stories that unfolded were as good as any fantasy novel I've ever read. The world was expansive (well, until X where they began limiting the map and took away free roam), and there were secrets around every corner and under every rock. Just when you thought you completed the game to its fullest, you'd realized there was something else out there you hadn't even begun to uncover.

There were also so many possibilities when leveling and equipping your characters. My favorite was the materia system in FF7. I liked that you could swap spells to any character. It created so many possibilities. And then you had the ability to put things like "all" and "counter" attached to a spell. Aw man, those were good times. It wasn't the traditional leveling system of spending your xp to buy a spell where you were locked into that spell for the rest of the game. Not to mention the materia itself leveled to become powerful and eventually spawn a new one.

Final Fantasy games had every element you could want in a story - memorable heroes, bad ass villains, a complicated but pure romance, an emotional connection that would make you laugh and cry, strong supporting characters, and a little tragedy even in the happiest of endings.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

From least favorite to best:
    5. God Of War (Played a few hours of each game)
    4. Uncharted (Only played first one but loved and went platinum with it; own the 2nd one just haven't taken the time to play it)
    3. Fallout (played at least 50 hours each of Fallout 3 and New Vegas)
    2. Assassin's Creed (played them all & came close to finishing II but PS3 save was on died & game save didn't transfer properly)
    1. Final Fantasy (played VII through X, finished VII and IX)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast