View Poll Results: How many PS3 consoles have you had that have had the YLOD?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3 (Launch model)

39 35.45%
  • PS3 slim (All models)

7 6.36%
  • PS3 super slim (All models)

0 0%
  • I haven't had a PS3 fail on me.

68 61.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Poll 2013: How many PS3 consoles have you had that have had the YLOD.

This is a discussion on Poll 2013: How many PS3 consoles have you had that have had the YLOD. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Over the years we have more than likely experienced that dreaded YLOD on a PS3 at least once. I had ...

Game on....

Poll 2013: How many PS3 consoles have you had that have had the YLOD.

Over the years we have more than likely experienced that dreaded YLOD on a PS3 at least once. I had the YLOD on my 40GB PS3 model and that made me purchase the PS3 slim over two and a half years ago. Anyway i have heard of gamers that are still using the original launch PS3, while other gamers have been through two or three PS3 consoles.

Please use the poll above to indicate what PS3 models you have had fail, break or get the YLOD. Once you have chosen using the poll, feel free to add your comments to the thread about your experiences in your years of gaming with the Playstation 3.

Legalize it...

1. An 80 GB phatty. It lasted from April 2009 until April 2012. Now I have a 320 GB Slim...

Deathless Destroyer

DAMN IT TIMELESS, I WAS STARTING TO FORGET ABOUT IT

Anyway I've had the original 60GB PS3 since November 2006 which lasted until September 2012, close to 6 years. I currently use a 120GB slim model, which I've had in a box (but never used until after the YLOD) since 2011.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Forget I Was Ever Here

I have a slim and a released fatty that i run about 18 hours a day and don't really touch my slim but I'm proud to say it hasn't happened to me yet but when it does i have a backup

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm lucky. So far my ps3 hasn't broken yet.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've had 2 go bad, both launch models. Damn things get so overheated.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I had a 40GB Fatty fail on me when a lightning bolt struck near the house. Just fried it.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 03-08-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Typo

PRO Member

No poll that I can see, yet maybe it's because I try to block out the sight of them because I was molested by one as a child.

Edit: Yay...it's there now.

I've been through 2.5 PS3s. The first (or half), I shared with a roommate (fat 80GB), the second was my first personal one (fat 80 GB) which I ended up selling for the Slim model, and the third one is my current 120GB Slim (replaced with 500GB HDD).

Haven't had any hardware issues with any of them.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

Thankfully I haven't had one fail on me as far as YLOD. I have had one break from falling on it......
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Du wirst geil

I've not had one go 'bad' per se, but my original 80GB phat PS3 was starting to have issues with a few games so I ended up trading it in. And it was the last model to have the BC too I'm now sitting with a slim PS3 160GB replaced with a 500GB HDD, which I've had for nearly 3 years and no problems *knock on wood*

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I had a 40GB Fatty fail on me when I lightning bolt struck near the house. Just fried it.
    That is just pure unlucky! No matter what surge protection you have protecting your electrical appliances, a direct lightning strike will destroy your electrical gear without question. I have surge protection on all my gear and i am confident i won't have any problems with power spikes or outages but a direct lightning strike would make all of that redundant...lol

Platinum Dohvakiin

I've had a total of ZERO get the YLOD, my MGS Edition PS3 is still going strong without the slightest hint of trouble. I count myself lucky, but then again I clean it like someone with OCD.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've only had 1 PS3, a slim, since Feb 2011.
    It has a tendency to freez once a week or so, and the HDD is a bit corrupted (I must have 4 paused downloads at all times or else I can't download other stuff). Other than that I'm thankful it hasn't YLOD yet. If it did I doubt I'd get a new one, too expensive.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bought mine in 09 and I havent had any problems. Its the 80GB big girl and i've put her through hell between all the moves and constant gameplay, but she still pulls through like a champ. Thankfully lol.

Negator

Out of my 4 PS3s, only one (40Gb fatty) had YLoD. After multiple re-flows over the course of 2 years, it finally became 'un-fixable'.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

I had a 80Gb fatty which got the YLOD. Other then that my other two PS3s are still going strong.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have both the launch model and the slim and I've never gotten the ylod. I'm happy to say that they are both going strong!

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    That is just pure unlucky! No matter what surge protection you have protecting your electrical appliances, a direct lightning strike will destroy your electrical gear without question. I have surge protection on all my gear and i am confident i won't have any problems with power spikes or outages but a direct lightning strike would make all of that redundant...lol
    It was really strange. Whenever I hear a big storm coming in I turn off my PC, console and TV. When that happened I was just about to turn the PS3 off and my finger was a few inches away from the shut off button, when the lightning strike literally shook the windows. The screen froze and that was it. The console powers up fine but there's nothing on the screen.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

my 60 gb fatty died about a year and a half ago and my 320 gb slim is purring like a kitten ever since

Lvl 9 - Gold

A 60GB Fat didn't get the YLOD but stopped playing all types of games (Ps1,2 and 3). I had an 80GB Fatty which I believe was on it's way out. Now I have a 320 GB Slim.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast