View Poll Results: Do you agree with the trophy change?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck no!

26 100.00%
  • Yes

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Santa Monica changing trophy named "Bros before hos"

This is a discussion on Santa Monica changing trophy named "Bros before hos" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony Santa Monica has confirmed it will change the name of a controversial God of War: Ascension trophy in a ...

Drunken Nights

Santa Monica changing trophy named "Bros before hos"

Sony Santa Monica has confirmed it will change the name of a controversial God of War: Ascension trophy in a patch that should be available alongside the game on Tuesday. Once the patch is applied, the name of the trophy will be "Bros Before Foes."

"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies. The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game," Sony Santa Monica's statement noted. "We are endlessly committed to ensuring that our community can fully enjoy the experiences the team has created. As such, we've addressed the feedback and amended the Trophy in question."

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/11/co...in-upcoming-p/

PRO Member

So people in non-english speaking countries like myself have to download the patch too if my list is in another language?

Kid, not loser

I find it sad that people (adam sessler) look at this as despicable and unnecessary and nothing else about the game and the franchise even though it is perhaps the most provocative and gore infested franchise out there . This removes freedom of speech that Santa Monica had, and is a disgrace upon the gaming industry that it must give in to the people that think it is sexist. Giving in to these people is just admitting it is sexist, even though it is just a little joke that the REAL GoW fans appreciate the series for by stepping out of the boundaries it has done in the past.

The gaming industry is not sexist, people are. Especially those that call it out...

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

Its those Mutha F'ing Hos....to busy Yapping, and not getting me my money...lol

this is just stupid...its the title of a troph, how can that mess up the enjoyment of a game....SMH...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

Visual violence & gore = okay
    Textual sexism = bad

All the while a work of fiction that shouldn't be taken seriously in the slightest.

People being retarded, as usual. I would love for a company to reply to these people with something like 'you + boxcutter + your throat = thank you very much kthxbai'. Tired of companies and their PR/PC bullshit catering to the minority.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lord of all Goat-Men

This is PC-ness taken too far.
    Next thing will be land rights for religous gay whales.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Well, I'm offended... That Santa Monica Studios can't make non-generic looking trophy icons yet. Those bastards must really enjoy all the worst trophy images awards that they get from us.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kiwi Defender

I wonder just how many people actually complained, and out of those that did, how many did so after a certain moron made a huge fuss over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Well, I'm offended... That Santa Monica Studios can't make non-generic looking trophy icons yet. Those bastards must really enjoy all the worst trophy images awards that they get from us.
    They've barely won any. There have been worse offenders out there, like that one game that simply used the generic , , and images.

I'm offended at you being offended over such a stupid thing, though .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Game Review Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I wonder just how many people actually complained, and out of those that did, how many did so after a certain moron made a huge fuss over it.

They've barely won any. There have been worse offenders out there, like that one game that simply used the generic , , and images.

I'm offended at you being offended over that person being offended.

Lvl 4 - Silver

wow that is so fucked up! are feminists playing a game like god of war? hell no!

Signature Created by Bladia

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

Well those one games haven't released six titles on this generation with the same images. It's me just trying to trivialize this whole idiotic manner more than it is. Figure if the whole internet is going to be up in arms about putting historically accurate jobs of time periods (whaling in ACIV) or colloquialisms that were standard avant-garde for an entire generation is now "offensive" is the new stretches we need to look for to find news stories in commentary about games (when the same critics are the ones who fought hardest for them being protected by the first amendment in last year's supreme court case) is grasping for straws when the barn is already burning.

Then again, I think video game's are on the verge of becoming ridiculously "P.C." due to people still thinking that they were the main catalyst in Sandy Hook. Gotta love the word we live in.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I find it sad that people (adam sessler) look at this as despicable and unnecessary and nothing else about the game and the franchise even though it is perhaps the most provocative and gore infested franchise out there . This removes freedom of speech that Santa Monica had, and is a disgrace upon the gaming industry that it must give in to the people that think it is sexist. Giving in to these people is just admitting it is sexist, even though it is just a little joke that the REAL GoW fans appreciate the series for by stepping out of the boundaries it has done in the past.

The gaming industry is not sexist, people are. Especially those that call it out...
    Totally agree with this, what happened to gaming freedom. So you're okay with killing and decimating a female, but when that trophy pops up you think it's terrible?

Forget I Was Ever Here

Its just a trophy name I don't see why so many people et carried away with it for good or bad most people don't even pay attention to the trophies. I am one that likes to take risks and be different though so i would have liked to see the ho's

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

Just saw the Adam Sessler review.

I want to like this guy (I loved him on G4's Feedback when he hosted), yet this made me see that he's part of the same group that can't see that there's a break between gaming and reality.

Was the trophy distasteful? Sure, yet to say he's ashamed that he ever thought GoW was more than what it was? Fuck off you pretentious cu.nt. THERE...now at least he has something worth being offended by.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Negator

So, did they take out the part of the game where you have sex with prostitutes too?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I'm just tired of the complaints these days
    from no women being presenters at the ps4 meeting
    to this one trophy title, as long as they don't ruin the gameplay experience it's whatever
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Drunken Nights

Forgot to mention that a female producer came up with the trophy name

https://twitter.com/ToddPapy/status/309746549125152768

Du wirst geil

It's a game for Christ sake, I'm sure groups are going to be in arms when Grand Theft Auto V hits, that are going to be complaining about it's content, the same way (whether this was an individual or not) this has been scrutinized. And whether it's GoW, GTA et al, there's never going to be an end to this. Heaven forbid the gaming community get's what they want for a change.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Video games musn't cater to some angry bitch needs, if you don't like a game don't buy it.
    And in my opinion if you don't like a game because of a trophy you need to stop playing video games.

Trophy Huntin'

I find it pretty stupid that all of a sudden they're complaining about this trophy when previous god of war games had suggestive trophy names as well, but no stink was made there. "Are You Horny To Win?" comes from GOW 3 There are others such as "Blue Balls", "Stoner" and "Totally Baked". One even goes far enough to swear "Getting my ass kicked"

It's so stupid. The game is rated M for a reason, it's not supposed to be "politically correct". The rating is a fair warning. I guess it's cool to have sex with two chicks at once and see a bunch of naked women throughout the series, but the term "ho" crosses the line.

Just saying

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast