Payday 2 announced

This is a discussion on Payday 2 announced within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; CRIMENET – The dynamic contract database lets gamers pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local contacts such ...

INTJ

Payday 2 announced

CRIMENET – The dynamic contract database lets gamers pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local contacts such as Vlad the Ukrainian, shady politician “The Elephant” and Mexican drug trafficker Hector, all with their own agenda and best interests in mind. CRIMENET features dozens of varied, exciting jobs and as the player progresses, new contacts with new jobs become available.

Choose Your Profession – As players progress they can invest in any of four special professions: the Mastermind, the Enforcer, the Ghost and the Technician. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master and they can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate heister.

PAYDAY Loot – Finishing a job isn’t just an accomplishment to be proud of. After a successful heist gamers will also earn rare and powerful new equipment such as masks, weapons mods, mask modifications and a variety of other accessories.

Weapons and Modifications – A brand new arsenal for the serious heister covering everything from sniper and assault rifles to compact PDWs and SMGs. Once players have settled for a favorite, they can modify it with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames and stocks – all of which will affect the performance of their weapon. There are also purely aesthetic enhancements – why not go for the drug lord look with polished walnut grips for your nine?
    Mission Assets – Every job has a set of purchasable assets that can alter and enhance the heist such as a faster escape car, blueprints or even inside help.

Character Upgrades – The signature PAYDAY mask can now be customized into tens of thousands of different combinations, color and material variations and there is a bigger selection of gear to wear for the discerning high-fashion heister.

Multistage Jobs – Many contracts feature several separate stages allowing for mission forks and different outcomes depending on what the players accomplish in each individual stage.

Rob Banks With Friends – Players must choose their crew carefully because when the job goes down they will need the right mix of skills on their side.

PAYDAY Gun Play and Mechanics on a New Level – Firing weapons and zip tying civilians never felt so good.

Dynamic Scenarios – No heist ever plays out the same way twice. Every single scenario has random geometry or even rare events.

Character Progression – Gamers begin as dime store thieves and as the game progresses they unlock new skills, weapons, accessories and masks, eventually becoming legendary robbers.
    Play It Your Way – Each job allows for multiple approaches such as slow and stealthy ambushes to running in guns blazing. Players hit the target any way they want and watch as the heist unfolds accordingly.

AI Director – PAYDAY 2’s new AI director breaks new ground and requires even more from the dedicated co-operative player base. Enemies will devise strategies in response to player action like flash banging, breaching tactics, freeing hostages and even recovering loot bags.

some gameplay footage:

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think this will be great, loved the first one even if the trophies were seriously hard and hardly anyone I knew ever had the game!
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

is the first payday any good? i've never played it

Sig by: djunglist

Game Review Team

Nagflar will enjoy getting this plat.

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by georget1996 View Post
    I only played the demo, it was good fun and im not a fan of fps. Heard the trophies were really hard as you needed 4 people all with mics to do a good heist on the harder difficulties.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Kiwi Defender

I'm liking what I'm reading. Seems they'll vastly improve on the first one (and the first one wasn't bad). What's more important is for them to offer more missions and differentiate them better from each other, and it seems they are doing exactly that.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by georget1996 View Post
    They are amazing to play in a group since they are essentially heists.

one mission has you sneaking around deactivating alarms without attracting guards, so you can rob a Diamond Vault in the building while there's a party on one of the floors.

another one lets you rob a Armored truck by throwing it into a slaughterhouse below then breaking open the safe inside.

When the guards/Police know your there, they attack you every 5 minutes for like 5 minutes apiece.

Lvl 7 - Gold

payday heaps fun looking forward to number 2