Absorbed in a Game or Lots of Games?

This is a discussion on Absorbed in a Game or Lots of Games? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I was looking at my position on the leaderboard, and I noticed something. It seems the way that I ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Absorbed in a Game or Lots of Games?

So I was looking at my position on the leaderboard, and I noticed something. It seems the way that I play games is different from just about everyone else. Of the other 50 people in my section of the list, only one other person has as many Platinum trophies as me, 4. What's more, I have 21 Gold trophies and he has 25, but the next highest total is 17, then 14. And both the other guy with 4 plats and I have less than 200 total trophies (190 me, 170 him). I guess I tend to just become absorbed in games that I like and want to go for the Platinum, whereas if I don't care for a game, then I just don't bother with anymore.

Thoughts? Do you tend to play a wide variety of games and maybe not go so much for the Platinum, or are you more like me and try to achieve the full set if you like the game?

Notorious K.I.D.

I've got 13 platinums out of the 200+ games I've played, with around 4300 trophies (if I could sync my PS3, which doesn't have WiFi). I usually play around 3-4 games at a time. The only exception being right now, which is due to the epicness that is Skyrim.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I try and achieve the full set. The games that I pick up are ones that I know I'll truly love. I only play one game at a time. (With the exception of demos and PSN games). Once that disc goes into my PS3 it never comes out till It's finished. Many on the leaderboard have half as many platinums that I have but a much higher trophy percentage. It's really cool to see different play preferences and where others rank. As for me I'll always be a slow poke at moving on to the next game
    Currently Playing:
    Dead Space 3

~ Sig by Nevetsteven2 ~

Lvl 4 - Silver

kid - If your PlayStation 3 doesn't have WiFi, how was it you were able to get your info synced before? Or did you have it before, but don't have it anymore?

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    kid - If your PlayStation 3 doesn't have WiFi, how was it you were able to get your info synced before? Or did you have it before, but don't have it anymore?
    The first PS3 I bought was a WiFi model in 2009, but I had to sell at the end of 2011. I was only able to replace it with an old backwards compatible fatty, which doesn't have WiFi. The room I'm in isn't close to any modem so I'm not able to go with a ethernet cable.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

I'm absorbed in fun...whether that be lots or one at a time.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legalize it...

I do both. I play a lot of games, but also usually get a pretty high % in them if they dont get platted...

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I'm with Daft on this one lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

I just play whatever I feel like, and then if I like the game I think about getting the Plat, not the other way around.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Plats have only come for me because i enjoyed the games ( except LEGO Pirates, i got that because i was close enough already ) enough to invest a hefty chunk of time into them and they happen to have rather straightforward trophy lists. Without one of those factors, well, i just play until saturation point. But i will keep a few games on the go at any given time, i like a short thrill ride as much as a sweeping epic, if it's done right of course.

Only one of my top 10 PS3 games has been Platted and that was Skyrim, i still adored the other games up there, sometimes, just finishing the game alone will be enough for me.

DON'T BLINK

I just play games for the sake of playing them. I'm currently juggling 9 games right now so if I even finish one it will be amazing. I think it was raptr that had a end of the year run down of your playing habits and I played over 240 different games in all of 2012. (here is mine Toressa's life in gaming 2012 - Raptr)

Venire, Videre, Vince

Yeah i get absorbed into many games at once, so many games, so little time, when you're single time is your friend, when you have a family you don't have time to game since there are other priorities to take care of first.

Then it depends on the type of gamer you are: HARDCORE or CASUAL. Like many on this site say are you a trophy hunter or trophy whore?

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

PRO Member

If i love the game i just stick withit till i get the .Usually i have a game i'm trying to plat/100% and a game i have fun with going at the same time.Right now i'm working on 3d dot game heroes (pretty fun but not as awesome as i expected) plat and playing some Madden as well.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Deathless Destroyer

I like sticking with a few of the same type of games, as it keeps my skill in those games up wherever it may be. I become terrible at a game if I don't play it for a while, so I don't really like switching all the time as that has the same effect. I remember just a couple of months ago I was able to finish every single Special Ops mission in Call of Duty: MW2 in less than 3 tries each on Veteran, though when I went for it again just a few weeks ago it took me close to ten tries to finish a couple of them
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 6 - Silver

If I like the game then I go for the full set of trophies.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Yeah, your list is pretty clean. If you try even harder, you can go for a perfect plat streak.

I mostly don't go for the platinum, because most games can't hold my attention for that long or are just too hard (fighting games mostly) and no way that I'm gonna put 700 hours into Star Ocean. In some games I really do want the platinum though, like ToGf (you have that plat ), but I took a little break from it because stealing the daily medicine is so annoying and I still can't get it. I will come back for it though, since that's my only problem.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 4 - Silver

Impressive, percy - you do indeed have a very high completion ratio.

Purger

Well I tend to focus on one game at a time as I don't like to juggle between more than two games.

SIG Concocted by ROBO3AG13

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Dude.... you a mind thief......

I'm usually drawn to one game at a time but I just play for fun really. Whether that be 4 games I'm juggling or 1 game I'm obssessed with.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw