Results 1 to 18 of 18

Is the Game Industry Crashing Again?

This is a discussion on Is the Game Industry Crashing Again? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; a long informative video. watch it before you talk....

  1. #1
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Is the Game Industry Crashing Again?





    a long informative video.


    watch it before you talk.

  2. #2
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    In summary:
    Nintendo is Jesus, Sony is shit, and EA is the worst. Are you sure you didn't write the script for this?

    Presents speculation and rumour as fact (or close to)*, invents statistics (98% of Mass Effect fans hated Mass Effect 3), and despite railing on EA for releasing the same rushed crap year after year, fails to mention that Nintendo (who, again, is Jesus) does the same thing.

    The first third is pretty interesting.

    *I know he points out that it is only rumour and speculation, but his rhetoric implies otherwise.
    "If Nintendo tanks, who is going to save the gaming industry? Because it sure as hell won't be Sony."

    Be warned, this guy has a major hard-on for Nintendo and Valve.

  3. #3
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    I liked this video and would agree with pretty much all of it , the only thing I would say is , there is not going to be a crash because , there are a lot more younger gamers which are used to this type of gaming , they do not remember how good it was , or how good it could be , they get the same old same old , there are plenty good games coming out so the video is not entirely true but if it keeps going like the last couple years , with big title shit games like Max Payne 3 , Aliens : Colonial marines , Uncharted 3 , ACIII , Dead Space 3 , RE Operation Raccoon City , Ridge Racer , Ninja Gaiden 3 , COD declassified , Medal of honor : warfighter , RE6 ( Leon part not included ) , Game of Thrones and many , many more unfortunately . If this is the same type of stuff year in , year out I would welcome the crash , let it all burn
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  4. #4
    Final Fantasy XIV Guru
    Organization XIll's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    11

    "[Nintendo] Single handedly saved the gaming universe"
    Good God. Get me something puke in.

    "Summary: Mass effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Sims 3, all had sucky endings and its causing the crash too."
    Yes. Lets just think of all the popular games for PS3 and Xbox 360 and spout opinionated turd all over them.

    What was said prior to recording:
    Speaker: All riiiiight!Let's make a bash Sony/Microsoft video!
    Boss: You have to come up a scapegoat for the crashing of the current gaming industry.
    Speaker: WHAT? Fine. Let's see... OH! Everyone already hates EA's games. Let's use them!

    "No more used games. No more Gamestop. No more Gamefly... If your system goes, tough cookie monster! You'll just have to buy the game again."
    That is a rumor. Only. Don't put it in an informative video. Just because you hate Sony doesn't mean everyone does.

    "Nintendo is trying to stay honest."
    Wow. One word: Pokemon.

    This video is a joke. The second I saw my favorite developer/publisher on the list of bad, greedy ones, I nearly stopped watching. This is one of the most biased videos I have ever watched. Wonderful find ps360. Absolute gold. (SARCASM)


    Avatar created by: remus1997
    Signature created by: DaRe_xLw


  5. #5
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    If the industry crashes again watch it be SEGA that brings it back

    Nintendo hasn't been honest for more then 2 decades. What happened when all the turmoil happened in Japan in 2011 SONY pumped donations back into rebuilding Japan. What did Nintendo do? Very little cause they only look out for themselves and there business practices are vicious and they want too annihilate all competition regardless of how they do it.

  6. #6
    PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!
    Chaotically-Epic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mainly gaming on PC now.
    Posts
    2,905
    Reputation
    72

    Didn't watch the video... but yes, yes it is.. or at least I can only hope.

    (Edit): Watched it... agreed.

    Everything about & said in the video was spot on. (Loved the Valve praise) They truly deserve it. A lot of this is EA's fault as of late, they're just kick starting it.

    Although can there truly be a crash? You'd think now a days it'll be a little harder. The game industry is now like the music & movie industry, a form of entertainment that is much needed & seen globally. Although, if anything ... it'll def. slow down a bit ... eventually from all this consumer rape.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 03-15-2013 at 06:21 AM.

    Signature by DaRe_xLw





  7. #7
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    What happened when all the turmoil happened in Japan in 2011 SONY pumped donations back into rebuilding Japan
    actually the donations were from people on the psn and you got a little psn theme for donating.


    sony didn't donate a single cent of their own money.


    Nintendo donated 3.6 million USD by themselves. no donation drive to pretend they donated the money.


    Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    "[Nintendo] Single handedly saved the gaming universe"
    Good God. Get me something puke in.

    Nintendo did save the game industry in the US though.


    "Summary: Mass effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Sims 3, all had sucky endings and its causing the crash too."
    Yes. Lets just think of all the popular games for PS3 and Xbox 360 and spout opinionated turd all over them.

    What was said prior to recording:
    Speaker: All riiiiight!Let's make a bash Sony/Microsoft video!
    Boss: You have to come up a scapegoat for the crashing of the current gaming industry.
    Speaker: WHAT? Fine. Let's see... OH! Everyone already hates EA's games. Let's use them!

    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman



    "Nintendo is trying to stay honest."
    Wow. One word: Pokemon

    You mean a series that is very popular with children/Young adults gets yearly updates to stay fresh? The Series that very recently took a huge turn with their future titles by implementing a 3D Engine, major social features, and platforming? the horror!


    "No more used games. No more Gamestop. No more Gamefly... If your system goes, tough cookie monster! You'll just have to buy the game again."
    That is a rumor. Only. Don't put it in an informative video. Just because you hate Sony doesn't mean everyone does.
    From Sony themself:

    Sony hints the PS4 does contain a feature to block used games, but its up to publishers to use it | ScrewAttack.com

  8. #8
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    actually the donations were from people on the psn and you got a little psn theme for donating.


    sony didn't donate a single cent of their own money.
    Wrong.

    Sony donated $3.6 million as well. That's NOT counting PSN users individual donations (that was roughly $1.5 million). They also matched any/all employee donations as well as sending over about 30,000 or so radios & flashlights.

    Google is your friend. Use it and get your facts straight before needlessly bashing companies for no reason.

    Seriously...if you have such a hatred for Sony and a hard-on for Nintendo, why don't you just go play on the Nintendo forums and stop annoying people here just because it's convenient for you.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

  9. #9
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post

    "No more used games. No more Gamestop. No more Gamefly... If your system goes, tough cookie monster! You'll just have to buy the game again."
    That is a rumor. Only. Don't put it in an informative video. Just because you hate Sony doesn't mean everyone does.
    I don't think it will work like that , I think if you buy a game in a shop it will come with a code and be more expensive than off PSN , the code will give you access to the option to download off PSN ( game will always be on your PSN downloads list ) , then if you trade the game the next person has to buy a new code before the game will work , this way it will work out more expensive all round , this will encourage you to go to PSN and digital downloads , then next generation there will be no discs .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  10. #10

  11. #11
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    Aratark's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Normally at work
    Posts
    88
    Reputation
    4

    It's so nice to be able to go away and come back to find the same level of putrid malevolence being posited by the same people. Companies release what they think will sell, so if people don't want Ubisoft to do AC XIII, don't buy AC XII, if you don't want CoD: Black Ops:the retirement saga, don't buy this years installment. You change a companies business practices by giving them a reason to change them, not by bitching on a forum it's unlikely they read, at least not at a level where these sort of decisions are made.

    So someone makes a little video expressing their opinion that Sony and EA are bad companies, whoop-de-god damn-do. Maybe you could surprise us by finding a video where someone praises Sony and EA, really shock us all that you can provide a fair and balanced view rather than the one-sided diatribe you normally present.

    Now, time for my first coffee of the day.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

    YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

  12. #12
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,163
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    "[Nintendo] Single handedly saved the gaming universe"
    Good God. Get me something puke in.
    This is technically true with the FamiCom and NES. Maybe not as extreme as the words that are used, but they did bring gaming back into Mainstream Media in the Mid-80's. Which is why SEGA then put out the Master System, etc.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  13. #13
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    That really does not shed any light on it apart from " they will do the right thing " by themselves no doubt
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  14. #14
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    I'll comment as I watch.

    -Nintendo did not save the industry themselves, but they were a huge help.
    -EA is pretty shit, but I enjoyed Mass Effect 3, though it being rushed is dumb, same goes for any other game.
    -I liked the end of MW3. Thought it was pretty fitting.
    -Apparently most games now have shit ending. AC3 did have a bad ending, DS3 was okay.
    -Again, EA is still shit. Wished they would burn in hell already.
    -EA will probably kill themselves off, and give the game industry a bad rep.
    -While I would love to see DS4, I doubt that will happen as I don't see them having high stocks for awhile.
    -Oh, right. SimCity.
    -I don't think EA necessarily makes bad games, they just make bad decisions for the games, making the game look like shit.
    -The almighty Nintendo? Wow.
    -Holy shit, I never realized how bad 2008 was. Why'd everything crash so fast so suddenly?
    -Valve is pretty awesome.
    -THQ is already gone, I don't see why he is listing it in the video.
    -I like the super Saiyan Valve.
    -I like DLC. I can see why people wouldn't, but I like them. And he says it like all DLC is shit. Every played Bioshock DLC?
    -I agree, too many games getting shat out yearly. Not enough money to buy everything that looks interesting.
    -My god... This guy needs to stop sucking on Nintendo's ****. And it sounds like he's butt-hurt that Sony and Microsoft are doing better.
    -A rumor. And not even true.
    -Online passes are stupid. Not much to say.
    -*Spends money on Nintendo and Indie.* Shut up.

    So to summarize, good video until 24:00, when the Nintendo **** sucking begins. 2008 sucks. Oh, and apparently Nintendo is the only company that cares? God damn, Nintendo fanboys are worse than Sony and Microsoft.

  15. #15
    Final Fantasy XIV Guru
    Organization XIll's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Nintendo did save the game industry in the US though.
    I'm saying they didn't, but the blatant favoritism for Nintendo is rather sickening.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    You mean a series that is very popular with children/Young adults gets yearly updates to stay fresh? The Series that very recently took a huge turn with their future titles by implementing a 3D Engine, major social features, and platforming? the horror!
    I am a HUGE pokemon fan myself. However, ever since the beginning of Gen IV the series is going down hill fast. Pokemon X and Y may save the series, but it isn't released yet so I wont comment on it.


    Avatar created by: remus1997
    Signature created by: DaRe_xLw


  16. #16
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    actually the donations were from people on the psn and you got a little psn theme for donating.


    sony didn't donate a single cent of their own money.
    Yes, you are correct. But SONY also matched the donations of the theme fundraiser and also helped fund many other initiatives to get Japan back on its feet.

  17. #17
    WHO DAT!!!!
    gixxerrider's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    549
    Reputation
    8

    bottom line.....the only way this industry will crash is if we stop buying and playing games........and that aint gonna happen!

  18. #18
    PRO Member
    thedevilsminion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Prince Edward Island Canada
    Posts
    353
    Reputation
    8

    The video has some point's, however there is no way one can compare the industry today to the industry as it was in the 80's. The limitation's of the technology back then is what truly hampered the industry, there is only so much you can do with a 2600. The PS2 is still the highest selling console ever. Did Nintendo help revitalize the console business absolutely did it save it absolutely not, forgot to mention SEGA.

    EA is a publisher, and we are at the end of the console's life cycle and the market is shrinking, stocks fall and will only rise once the new console's are available. This is only one publisher, and really there can be some fat trimmed and less shovelware. I would rather quality over quanity.

    There will be no blocking of used games on the PS4, Sony has done its best to give gamer's the best technology at an affordable price, the PS3 was a unique situation where new technologies made the price extremely high.

    If this theory is true why does Mario Kart VII sell 10 million units, its been rehashed so many time's yet the new one is gobbled up like turkey at thanksgiving.

    I am 41 years old, and in my life the one thing that has always been consistent is my love for gaming and its always been a part of my life and will always be.

    EA is a historic company that goes back to the very beginning however its now a company run by share holders and investors not just guys who love video games.

    Also Atari is not Atari from way back but a bought trademark nothing more.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO