Wireless Controller on the Fritz when Wireless?

This is a discussion on Wireless Controller on the Fritz when Wireless? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sometimes, when using my controller wirelessly, it seems to go on the fritz-- stuff scrolls or menus come up when ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wireless Controller on the Fritz when Wireless?

Sometimes, when using my controller wirelessly, it seems to go on the fritz-- stuff scrolls or menus come up when they shouldn't, etc. I'm just wondering, is there any chance that my system could be picking up signals from someone else's controller or other interference? The problem goes away immediately when I connect the controller via USB.

Lvl 4 - Silver

No guesses as to what could be happening here? Nobody that's ever experienced this before? I suppose it's possible my controller could be getting old and messed up, but it's very weird that the problem seems to happen only at random and that it disappears immediately when connected by USB.

Venire, Videre, Vince

I haven't tried but you can calibrate the controller in settings on your PS3.

Don't think its interference or the battery going bad just yet!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hmm, calibrate the controller settings. Could be worth a shot. As for the battery, well about how long before it usually starts going bad? I've had the system a lot longer than this account-- about three years or so.

Chocobo Master

There's a video on YouTube that will help you fix your problem. The main reason could be that the strip could be touching and you have to use a piece of rolled up of electrical tape to add space so it will not touch again.PS3 Controller Problems (easy fix for random button pushes, left analog) - YouTube
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Sounds neat, but I don't know how I would find said video. Do you have a link to it?