Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS1/PS2 Games getting trophy support!?

This is a discussion on PS1/PS2 Games getting trophy support!? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This will make me want to plat all the old ps1 Tomb Raiders, Final Fantasy, Jet Moto, Gran Turismo......

RPG Master

This will make me want to plat all the old ps1 Tomb Raiders, Final Fantasy, Jet Moto, Gran Turismo...
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 6 - Silver

Valkryia Chronicles with TROPHIES!!! YAY!!!!!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by crewe-fox View Post
    Valkryia Chronicles with TROPHIES!!! YAY!!!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This seriously would be brilliant and they would be marketing geniuses if this was implemented into either PS3 or PS4 although more likely to be the PS4 at the moment.

The amount of games I can think of I would go back to is unreal.

PRO Member

And we'd buy the games again so everyone wins, I really hope this happens

Deathless Destroyer

Shadow of Rome!?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Final Fantasy IX - There's a Second Excalibur
    -Obtain Excalibur II

Oh hell no.
    "I thought I was saving the world by fighting the Brood... but now I'm not so sure. I've seen the true power of the Brood. I know now that the Brood are far too strong. If they could have destroyed us all in an instant, why didn't they kill us?"

Lvl 9 - Gold

If this actually does come to pass on PS3, I don't see many PS1 games receiving large trophy lists complete with a platinum, except perhaps for the big titles (MGS, Tomb Raider, etc). Most of them would probably receive the standard PSN amount of 12 trophies. But PS2 games could have plenty of scope for PS3-esque trophy lists - Onimusha and Tenchu with trophies? Hell yes!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I totally agree!!!!!!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

So that means DDS, God Hand, and Rogue Galaxy good finally get trophies....Im in. Unless Vagrent Story and Parasite Eve have trophies I dont think ill play to many PSX games. Already went through FF(all of them) to many times to play through again.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think it would be cool if they'd bundle like games into one trophy list and give it a platinum. For instance, Syphone Filter 1 2 and 3 would all be part of one trophy list with a platinum, because as said above, a standalone ps1 game isn't going to have a platinum.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I think it would be cool if they'd bundle like games into one trophy list and give it a platinum. For instance, Syphone Filter 1 2 and 3 would all be part of one trophy list with a platinum, because as said above, a standalone ps1 game isn't going to have a platinum.
    If SONY does this I can see the Final Fantasy games getting a platinum or any other RPG for that matter. It's a good idea though with the platinum trophy for all the trilogy titles out there.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post

Vagrent Story and Parasite Eve have plenty of game time to warrent a stand alone plat. All PSX RPGs are really long in story, gameplay, and side quests.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So who's going to patch in trophies for defunct companies games? Like Urban Chaos the PS1 classic on the store?

PRO Member

Platinum Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 + Dark Chronicle

Lvl 8 - Gold

Oooh exciting!

I enjoy trophies, and the thought of older game getting some achivments sounds fun

THe only thing is that do we really think Sony will go ahead and do this to their games? I dont think so, since they wouldnt spend extra money for something like this. It would make us (the gamer community) happy and in turn make us buy more older games, but Sony probably still wouldnt see it as a profit.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I don't know how this will help them much from a financial standpoint. If people are busy playing older games again, new game sales might drop a bit and in turn slow down new game development. Probably won't be substantial enough though, especially in this ADHD 'gotta get pewpew action NAO' generation that will buy the newest shooter regardless.

Either way, I'm not too fussed over PS1/2 trophy support (it can be either way). But pre-trophy PS3 games is where it's at for me. AC, Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Oblivion, Heavenly Sword, Afro Samurai, Eternal Sonata etc etc

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Oooh exciting!

I enjoy trophies, and the thought of older game getting some achivments sounds fun

THe only thing is that do we really think Sony will go ahead and do this to their games? I dont think so, since they wouldnt spend extra money for something like this. It would make us (the gamer community) happy and in turn make us buy more older games, but Sony probably still wouldnt see it as a profit.
    Once again, I think everyone is taking a Polyanna view of the issue and thinking along with their most optimistic aspirations instead of harsh reality.

Unless Sony intends to re-introduce "backwards compatibility" to the PS4, so that you can play games via disc from PS3 and PS2 and PS1 on the new console, this isn't even an issue worth discussing. Chances are, the only way to play those games on the new system will be to purchase them as "PS# classics" through the PSN Store.

Therefore, Sony gets to handpick the older games that will be playable on the PS4. Sony is going to get (some) money because they're the merchant through the online store. And in the scenario where those games will get trophy support -- something I think is still unlikely at best -- Sony will add an algorithm to the programming code that encompasses the game when you download it so you can have trophies.

You won't be able to throw a random PS1/PS2/PS3 game into your PS4 and play it with trophies. You'll have to buy it from the PSN Store and download it and play Sony's version to do so. Even then, I doubt Sony is going to go through the library of titles already on the PSN store and patch trophies into those -- they'll likely make those sorts of decisions for new titles and you'll be SOL on the older ones the same way we are for some of the oldest titles on the PS3 now.

YOU won't get to pick which titles get trophies. Sony will, and I'll bet they target titles akin to "Hannah Montana" and other games that had very lackluster sales before they go after an active IP from a prominent company.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Bob 'n' Becca

I'm torn between the idea. If its on ps3, there are only a handful of games I can think of off the top of my head. Also, if I play the games I'd like, it would take away what little time I have with the current generation games.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

and then there are all the people that are stealing and cheating PSN with bruteForce and resigning game saves and getting trophies they didnt earn it just discusts me.... people earn your trophies LEGIT no emailing game saves to your buddies. PSN is in a state of cluster fudge non jailbroke ps3's hacking so many games is there even any security and legitamacy to trophy levels any more..... sorry not saying any1 here but we all know there are some people that have 3 versions of a game plat btw how can you have a US plat and a EU plat on same system and you would seriously take the time to double earn trophies angain stop using bruteForce to resign game saves pass this around and Lets Make A Difference and return Honour to our Beloved Honest Trophy Earning. Cheers
    WestCoastNFL "Notorious For Life"
    Racing With Only The Best, Clean Racing at It's Finest...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast