Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

PS1/PS2 Games getting trophy support!?

This is a discussion on PS1/PS2 Games getting trophy support!? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by WestCoastNFL btw how can you have a US plat and a EU plat on same system PS3 ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastNFL View Post
    btw how can you have a US plat and a EU plat on same system
    PS3 games are region free - you know that, right? It's completely possible to have a US, EU and JP version of a game on the same account, like some people do with Demon's Souls. Because the games are region free, even if the PS3s themselves are not, a game from one region can be played on a system from another with no issues. They're different from DVD players, which were/are, for the majority of models, restricted to one specific region and unable to play DVDs from another region.

Anyway, there's little to no point in moaning about trophy hacking - it'll happen whether we want it to or not. Hackers gonna hack.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    Chances are, the only way to play those games on the new system will be to purchase them as "PS# classics" through the PSN Store.
    fine by me. most of my favorite PS1 games are pretty scratched up from time and extreme use

Lvl 5 - Silver

i own around 160 ps3 and psn games ( trophy ) right now, never had a ps1, but some nice ps2 titles i want to play again such as gt4 and nfs2underground.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Get bent...

I would love for this to happen. It would give me a reason to replay some older games that I miss along with the added incentive of trophies.

However, like others have said, this is only a patent application. Nothing is guaranteed in any way whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastNFL View Post
    and then there are all the people that are stealing and cheating PSN with bruteForce and resigning game saves and getting trophies they didnt earn it just discusts me.... people earn your trophies LEGIT no emailing game saves to your buddies. PSN is in a state of cluster fudge non jailbroke ps3's hacking so many games is there even any security and legitamacy to trophy levels any more..... sorry not saying any1 here but we all know there are some people that have 3 versions of a game plat btw how can you have a US plat and a EU plat on same system and you would seriously take the time to double earn trophies angain stop using bruteForce to resign game saves pass this around and Lets Make A Difference and return Honour to our Beloved Honest Trophy Earning. Cheers
    What the hell are you on about? Exactly what does any of that grammatically painful rant have to do with the topic at hand?
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234