playing ps1 games on ps3 question

This is a discussion on playing ps1 games on ps3 question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I got final fantasy anthology for ps1 a while ago so I created an internal ps1 memory card on the ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

playing ps1 games on ps3 question

I got final fantasy anthology for ps1 a while ago so I created an internal ps1 memory card on the ps3 harddrive. I played FFVI for a couple of hours and saved the game, I came back to it recently and I can't load the data, I don't know if I have to do something or if you just can't load ps1 games. Can someone help me with this? Can someone tell me how to load ps1 games? or if you can at all?

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 4 - Silver

Okay, if you go to the game section of your XMB, you should see a thing called "Memory Card Utility." If you go into it, you should see your cards. I have actually have two different ones with PS1 data-- one of them actually says "PS1" and has FFVII data, and the other says "Internal Memory Card 2" and has my FF5, FF6, FF9 and some FF7 data as well. Maybe you're just not selecting the right "card" when you go to save or load.

Another thing you could try-- play just to the first opportunity to save (you could try this with FFV, because it lets you save almost right away) and then save and then see if you're able to load that / see if you can replicate the problem.

PRO Member

I have FFVI and it works just fine, maybe the issue it's in your memory card? Definitely not the game I think

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i wanna play dmc3 on my ps3. Can it work on my ps3? help please and i don't want answers like "just play it on ur ps2" i want a proper answer

Lvl 4 - Silver

mikon - the simple answer to your question is maybe yes, probably no. If your PlayStation 3 is a very old model, then it may work. If it's anything at all more recent, then the answer is going to be no-- it's not backwards-compatible.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikon94615 View Post
    i wanna play dmc3 on my ps3. Can it work on my ps3? help please and i don't want answers like "just play it on ur ps2" i want a proper answer
    Dude, you spammed this on the DMC3 trophy list last night :stare: Just do yourself a favor and get the DMC HD Collection. Problem solved.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I figured it out. I didn't assign the internal memory card to a slot. So thanks for the help.

Sig by Bladia