Move Controller Help

This is a discussion on Move Controller Help within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We were playing Just Dance 3 the other day and after each song the controller was way off calibration wise. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Move Controller Help

We were playing Just Dance 3 the other day and after each song the controller was way off calibration wise. So we tried recalibrating in the actual ps3 settings, one controller calibrated fine but the other one won't.

it turns on fine and lights up but when you go through the calibration process it keeps saying calibration failed.

the controllers don't get bashed around or anything that would damage it.

Any ideas on what the issue could be? I have a nasty feeling its going to mean the controllers broken and that I'm going to have to buy a new one. Never had problems with it before.

PRO Member

I have had something similar once before. The best advice I can give is to have your PS Eye plugged in before you start the system, and turn on all the move controllers you are planning to use during system boot-up. Hopefully that fixes it. I have had 4 move controllers since PS Move first came out and while I haven't used them as much as some people, they still all work fine.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

If all else fails, reset the controllers via the small 'reset' button underneath.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay