Syncing with Trophy Server errors...

This is a discussion on Syncing with Trophy Server errors... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello, I recently updated my PS3's hardrive to a new 500GB one, which means that my trophies were not saved ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Syncing with Trophy Server errors...

Hello,

I recently updated my PS3's hardrive to a new 500GB one, which means that my trophies were not saved on my Playstation's memory. Fortunately, I did pay attention to the instructions and synced with the trophy system before doing so. However, it's been a few days now, and I just decided to resync my trophies. It's always been painfully slow to do this, but now I have been receiving an error when I try.

The progress will get to about 25% or so before stopping and presenting me with "An error has occurred. (80710D23)." It's done this about seven times now, and I would like to know what the problem is. Thank you for your help. Again the error code is:

80710D23

-nXcalibur

Lord of all Goat-Men

The same thing happened to me me. You just have to keep trying. If you have PS+ you can turn your console off and hope it synch with the next update.

Negator

Initial syncing of a new HDD to the network can take some time. Plan in advance to wait a few hours (depending on your internet speed and amount of trophies) and expect a few errors along the way.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Persistence is the key.... recently added a 2nd PS3 & the sync kept crashing, not showing all games, etc. but it came through eventually

PRO Member

This may or may not help, and it couldn't hurt to try, yet make sure you set the PS3 time to be set by the internet (as opposed to manual). I've had issues logging on to the PSN and PSN Store when that's not enabled, so I'd imagine the trophy service may also have issues with such options.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

There was a time when I couldn't sync my trophies a few years ago, it took about a week for it to work, I just kept trying and eventually you'll succeed

Prayer Warrior

i had the same issues when i both upgraded my hdd and got a new system. you just have to keep trying. i think it took me a solid week of trying but eventually it synced. just keep trying and don't get mad when you get error codes because you will get them

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 7 - Gold

you have to keep trying, although this never happened to me, but when i changed i mard disk, it took a long time to sync everything

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks for the help, I've took all of your advice and I'll keep trying. I didn't know if that error code meant anything or not. I've left it on overnight a few times, but it kept giving me that. I'll post once anything changes.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Uh, oh... Now I'm getting the same error code when trying to connect to the PlayStation Store... What does this error code mean?
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity. And even I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by nXcalibur View Post
    Uh, oh... Now I'm getting the same error code when trying to connect to the PlayStation Store... What does this error code mean?
    I'm unable to sign into psn right now. It said its undergoing maintenance. Thats probably why you cant get into the store. My ps3 is united states region. hopefully it helps somewhat.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Google is your friend when finding out about error codes.

PSN Error Code 80710D23 Explanation... - PlayStation® Community Forums

It seems disabling media servers in settings have helped some. As others have stated I have had it bug out a few times too when upgrading to a different ps3. Just keep trying and eventually it'll work.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I got that error just last night for the first time since i updated to 4.40, also the sync has become slower since i updated.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's odd, for some reason if I try to access the store through the actuall button on the XMB it won't work, but if I indirectly go to it (such as clicking the PlayStation Plus button) it works fine.
    "Only two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity. And even I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein