Next Assassin's Creed already in development

This is a discussion on Next Assassin's Creed already in development within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Nope, not IV:Black Flag . The next one. The head of Ubisoft Toronto has confirmed that the next entry in ...

PRO Member

Next Assassin's Creed already in development

Nope, not IV:Black Flag. The next one.

The head of Ubisoft Toronto has confirmed that the next entry in the Assassin’s Creed – no, not Black Flag, the one after that – is already in development at the studio and Ubisoft Montreal.

Speaking to Polygon, Jade Raymond, who was involved with the original Assassin’s Creed, expressed her enthusiasm at returning to the historical action-adventure franchise after a lengthy hiatus.

“The thing that’s great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one,” she said.

“We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise and have been there. So it’s a just for me to work with some of those people again.”

Ubisoft Toronto appears to have its hands full for the foreseeable future. Not only is the company polishing off Splinter Cell: Blacklist and multiplayer maps for Rainbow Six: Patriots, but it’s got a total of five new projects in the pipeline.

“We have two big collaborations coming that we’re not talking about, on two of the biggest franchises at Ubisoft,” said Raymond. “We also have two new IP.”

While details are being kept under wraps on these forthcoming projects, it is known that the fifth title in question is another Splinter Cell game.

Stay tuned for more information as we get it.

Jade Raymond confirms new Assassin's Creed title -- PlayStation Universe

Rangers F.C

I really hope it bombs , I am sick of AC now . Black Flag looks promising because of the pirate stuff but will offer little more except the same old shit , the combat in ACIII was the worst its ever been and will probably be similar in this new outing . The idea of being an assassin is cool but you get no sense of achievement when killing people , its getting almost like a quick time event when fighting , no skill involved and just looks good . You cannot expect a game to be released as often as AC and be a lot different from the last outing , apart from silly small changes ( a smoke screen ) .
    If Assassins Creed is ever going to get better it needs to add a certain level of skill to assassinations , give the player multiple ways of going about each kill ( Deus Ex ) and make combat like your life depended on it ( Souls ) .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 10 - Platinum

not suprising,i actually find it somewhat comforting that they are using more than just the one year in between titles for their development time

Prayer Warrior

WTF????? another one? really? there is absolutely no need for another game. not even black flag really. they are going to milk this franchise into the ground and ruin it like other developers have done (guitar hero anyone?)

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

I didn't think ACIII was terrible. The day 1 glitches and bugs concerned me more than anything. So, now instead of tirelessly testing their AC titles before launch, they are putting another together........ Shame
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Game on....

I hope Ubisoft come up with something completely different for the next assassin's creed game after black flag.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

If it's good then there shall be no problem. I'll buy it

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

O_o

People are surprised? How else are they gonna keep poopin' one out annually?

-i- love myself.

Wow I'm actually surprised.... they don't stop. As long as its good there's no problem, I'll probably end up buying it.