Is Ps Vita Worth buying?

This is a discussion on Is Ps Vita Worth buying? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi I was thinking of buying a ps vita for $250 but doing research on the product people were not ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is Ps Vita Worth buying?

Hi I was thinking of buying a ps vita for $250 but doing research on the product people were not happy with some of the games or not having enough games. So I would like to know should i just go spend my money or wait until price goes down?

Prayer Warrior

well there are several of these threads scattered over the forums and a little research might have answered your question instead of opening up yet another thread about this topic but let me give you my 2 cents.

i had a vita and loved every minute of it. i thought it was a great handheld and did lots of cool things and i liked a few games like uncharted and hot shots golf plus unit 13 and escape plan from the psn. the stock in vita is only going to go up once the ps4 comes out because of the said remote play and connectivity between the two. i only sold mine on ebay cause i need some extra cash to take care of stuff but i full plan on getting another one. i've heard rumors there will be a bundle with the ps4 that will include a vita but it's just a rumor so i don't know. but i am waiting till i get a ps4 to get another vita. and i am getting a ps4 on launch.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thx and it sure sound crazy having so many electronics these days lol.

Fight the Future

In my opinion, yes, it's worth every penny. It has plenty of great games and I've used it far more than I've used my 3DS.

NSFW

My opinion: Meh....

It's a decent handheld but it is lacking exclusives. Also the harddisc space may cause trouble if you're a PS+ or future PS+ user. It has great controls with the two analog sticks, and the multiple touch features and whatnot, but there really isn't that much too it yet. If I were you, I would hold off until the PS4 releases to see if there is a brighter future for it.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Bob 'n' Becca

I have one, and I love it. I'm PS+ so loads of incentive there. Like the bloke above me stated, there isn't very much room on the Vita's harddrive, and I'm not sure if physical copies of games store their own data, but you'll probably need a memory card regardless. My only gripe in the month I've owned one is that memory cards are hella expensive.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've never really liked Handhelds much myself. Last one I had was PSP and I only got it because some of my mates took it to school with them back in the day and I did the same for lunch breaks and that but I don't think its worth it when your at home. Good for long journeys for boredom which is the times I wish I had one but when I'm at home I just play on PS3.

But for you it all depends on what you like to do. Do you go on long journeys plenty of times where you can play on it? Or do you like to play on handhelds at home when you don't want to play on PS3? But most importantly do you think you will like the games which are currently on the Vita?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I rather save up the money for ps4 I cannnot say ps vita is better than ps4 and ps4 is coming out soon!

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by web1017 View Post
    Hi I was thinking of buying a ps vita for $250 but doing research on the product people were not happy with some of the games or not having enough games. So I would like to know should i just go spend my money or wait until price goes down?
    Quote Originally Posted by web1017 View Post
    I rather save up the money for ps4 I cannnot say ps vita is better than ps4 and ps4 is coming out soon!
    ...then why the fuck did you ask?

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Am with Faust as well.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well there are several of these threads scattered over the forums and a little research might have answered your question instead of opening up yet another thread about this topic but let me give you my 2 cents.

i had a vita and loved every minute of it. i thought it was a great handheld and did lots of cool things and i liked a few games like uncharted and hot shots golf plus unit 13 and escape plan from the psn. the stock in vita is only going to go up once the ps4 comes out because of the said remote play and connectivity between the two. i only sold mine on ebay cause i need some extra cash to take care of stuff but i full plan on getting another one. i've heard rumors there will be a bundle with the ps4 that will include a vita but it's just a rumor so i don't know. but i am waiting till i get a ps4 to get another vita. and i am getting a ps4 on launch.
    This ^^ , my Vita collects dust now

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Ding ding ding! Deadpool is the winnah! Lol.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Eh honestly the Vita is great and all but not worth the price. You will enjoy it for the first 2 months and then it will become boring. Theres just not many exclusives on it and not worth investing $250 on it. I haven't touched my Vita for the past 2 months lol.