Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tomb Raider or God of War Ascension?

This is a discussion on Tomb Raider or God of War Ascension? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Only have enough money to buy one. Loved all of the previous God of War games but I'm kind of ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Tomb Raider or God of War Ascension?

Only have enough money to buy one. Loved all of the previous God of War games but I'm kind of skeptical about Ascension due to all of its sound issues, glitches, and bugs. Never played a Tomb Raider game in all of my life so I'm not too sure what to expect about that. Any thoughts?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Another game that I'm really interested in is Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time because I absolutely enjoyed the Sly Collection that I played on my old profile.

Plats-O'-War!!

Based off of your post, I say get God of War. I can honestly say that I haven't ran into one problem en route to the . It's a good game that fills in how he really got started on his warpath.

Change is mediocre

From what I've heard, go with Tomb Raider out of those choices. However, BioShock Infinite is a pretty stellar game too.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    From what I've heard, go with Tomb Raider out of those choices. However, BioShock Infinite is a pretty stellar game too.
    Luckay beat me to it, I was going to say skip them both and get Bio:Infinite. Just based on what I've seen and heard about all 3, Bio wins hands down.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks for the advice! Ohh and I already have Bioshock Infinite. It's really stupid how all of the game sites are saying that GoW Ascension is a sub par games compared to the rest but from my POV I think that it destroys the previous games in its combat, graphics, and gameplay mechanics. Ohh and are the reviewers right about the Trial of Archimedes being impossible to do on Hard difficulty?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Are The Trials of Archimedes really impossible to do on Normal/Hard kidson2004?

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Dominator View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Ohh and I already have Bioshock Infinite. It's really stupid how all of the game sites are saying that GoW Ascension is a sub par games compared to the rest but from my POV I think that it destroys the previous games in its combat, graphics, and gameplay mechanics. Ohh and are the reviewers right about the Trial of Archimedes being impossible to do on Hard difficulty?
    Then yeah I'd go with Tomb Raider, I wouldn't take the chance with Ascension if you can only afford one. I've heard it was the worst of the series.

But goddamn BioShock Infinite is one of the best games I've ever played, have fun with it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Pretty mixed opinions here. Lol

Breakfast and Chill

The Trials on Hard were difficult, but not impossible. Just take a break if you get frustrated and learn the enemy spawns. The first of the three waves is the hardest by FAR.

PRO Member

just literally beat bio shock infinite before reading your question n my opinion I say go with tomb raider since u already own bioshock. tomb raider offers n amazing story n its also the 1st tomb raider I ever played so it was pretty much worth trying. I played ascension till chapter 7 n was just really bored with it. but yea if u only can choose ascension or tomb raider than tomb raider would be my choice. also before u buy either 1 PLAY BIO SHOCK ALL THE WAY THROUGH lol. That game is incredible im already starting my 2nd playthrough on 1999 mode as we speak this gm is just that good.
    Awesome work done by Bladia

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hey issacdoom is hard difficulty really hard in Infinite?

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Most def Tomb Raider...it is one of the best games Ive played all year

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Dominator View Post
    Are The Trials of Archimedes really impossible to do on Normal/Hard kidson2004?
    I played it on Hard before the patch came out (the one that lowered the overall difficulty for it). In short: Not impossible, but man it's very tough to do.

Du wirst geil

Just an observation on my part, but whatever happened to the Game A or B thread for where people, like OP, could ask for thoughts on which game to get?

Personally, I would get Tomb Raider. God of War: Ascension is fun but it's more of the same formula. Tomb Raider is completely different from previous installments, obviously

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Prayer Warrior

i'm a god of war fan to the core. kratos is by far my favorite character and the first game i ever got emotionally attached to. with that said......stay far far far away from ascension. it's by far the worst god of war game out of the whole series and i've played all the other 5 and plat them. other than the opening cut scene there is no real story there. it's just a bunch of filler bullshit. it's go here and do this and rinse and repeat. it's a very broken game and there are so many things wrong with it. ascension is nothing more than a cash in on the franchise. god of war did not need this game because it adds nothing more to the story that god of war fans didn't already know. i forced myself to finish that pile of shit. the only reason i finished it was just to say i played all the games in the series and there was a little part of the that hoped and prayed it got better or would reveal a huge secret to the franchise but nothing. and the multiplayer is ok but nothing much there really to keep you hooked for a long period of time. once you play it a few times it gets old quick. you say it's stupid how all the game sites are calling it a sub par game but that's exactly what it is and that's putting it kindly. god of war III if the best game in the series and beats ascension in EVERY category.

tomb raider on the other hand is a game that borders perfection. yes the multiplayer in that game sucks balls and shouldn't even be played but the single player is so good this is a must buy and of course the one i suggest out of the 2 you mentioned. i played a few classic tomb raider games and hated them all. i can't stand classic tomb raider. but this reboot like i said is near perfection. everything is just right in the game and is going to be one of the last great must play games of this generation.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

To,b Raider will give you far more hours of gameplay, new god of war is short and easy

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Buy my book, Alteration

On Hard? My record for the Trial of Archimedes on Hard is zero deaths. I'm pretty sure it was pre-patch, but I dunno. Apparently the patch launched afterwards, but I think I was getting the patch effects...

Tomb Raider above Ascension. It's a legitimately awesome game (I think so far my GOTY), not a cash-in. I do like the combat gameplay in Ascension, but Tomb Raider scores above it in all other respects.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Get Tomb Raider.... believe me, you can't go wrong with it........ =)
    the game-play, the graphic............ damn near awesome..... best reboot i seen/played by far..........

Ice Cream Firefighter

I have played both and platted one and my opinion is Tomb Raider

My rankings
    TR - 9/10
    GoW:A - 7/10

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son